Reviews for Finnick Loves Blank
MAGS APPROVED.
WUNDERKATZE APPROVED.
Wunder-Katze chapter 5 . 12/30/2015
MAGS NOOOOO!

And omigosh poor Finnick. I hate the Capitol even more after reading YOUR Hunger Games than the original and I don't even know how that is possible. This is so good. I can't even...
Like, I'm reading a real novel. This is more than a fanfic. You should publish this. Contact Suzanne Collins about copyrights and then get this baby on the shelves.
Wunder-Katze chapter 4 . 12/30/2015
"We're a lot alike, except I would've looked hotter in the shark teeth."

New fave Finnick quote. XD

Can we make a Finnick-a-day calendar with quotes like that? I'd so buy it. X)
Wunder-Katze chapter 3 . 12/30/2015
I LOVE MAGS! :D

And uh oh, Finnick gonna be in troubllllllllle...
but that slip up WAS hilarious XD
I have a bad feeling about it though... 8O

HE NOTICED ANNIE IS PRETTY *fangirls wildly*
Wunder-Katze chapter 2 . 12/29/2015
OHHHHHHHHHHHH BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRN
(the extent of my puns)

Lovin' this fic so much already. And I just realized that is literally novel length, actually, epic length because it's more than 100,000 words. I. AM. SO. EXCITED.
HawkDramione chapter 35 . 11/24/2015
Finish it in one day. Right after I watched Mockingjay Part 2. Now that I know there is a state that you feel so much pain emotionally that you couldn't cry anymore. This is the best story about Finnick and Annie I've ever read. Thank you so much for writing such a beautiful heartbreaking story, thank you.
thewanderlustmarauder chapter 2 . 11/1/2015
Rereading this story! I love it!
Guest chapter 16 . 8/29/2015
It's quite interesting how you mentioned Johanna Mason during the 70th hunger games since she was a tribute in the 71st hunger games.
keaks chapter 35 . 7/28/2015
Type your review here.i loved it amazing I just wished you could end it at Mockingjay but congratulations hey it was amazing, dope, fantastic words can't explain it I loved it !#
The Sophisticated Shut In chapter 35 . 2/8/2015
Cassandra! I felt neutral towards her most of the fic (I think pity was the kindest feeling I could muster) but in this chapter she shot up in my estimation. Like Finnick himself, she's playing a role to survive in the Capitol, and I feel really bad for falling for it. When underneath it all she's just a ball of rage and neediness who feels as alone and coerced as he does, and who will never get what she really wants. Snow can buy her the attentions of as many handsome young men as he wants, but he can't ever bring back her father - and I doubt he would ever want, doubt he even regrets what he did, which makes his actions all the more hollow and awful. Poor Cassandra.

This epilogue worked really well to tie up any loose ends and take us forward to the events of Catching Fire. Finnick is still suffering, and his suffering is acute enough that you can see how it would drive him to join the rebellion, but there are glimmers of hope that stop it being too depressing an ending. We get to see him take a degree of power back, in the realization that he can use the secrets he earns. And we see him start to form tenuous alliances with discontented Capitolites, that add to the sense of a wider rebellion simmering. (I like to believe Pallindra and Cassandra became covert members of the underground, even if it means they were probably executed or disappeared during the events of Mockingjay.)

This story was fantastic. Probably THE definite Finnick and Annie story, and definitely one I'll be saving to my Kindle to read again. (Which is really the highest praise I can give anything.) It deserves all of its 500 reviews and more. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Good luck with your novel! If it's anything like this, it'll be amazing.
The Sophisticated Shut In chapter 34 . 2/8/2015
Oh, this chapter was beautiful. So many things that were just the essence of this ship: the brokenness and the hope they can heal each other and the cruelty of knowing they'll be torn apart. But they won't ever be separated, not really. Snow can try as hard as he likes, but it isn't in his power to separate Finnick and Annie - ironically, it's everything he's done to them that will keep them together. Finnick has been used so badly he yearns for something genuine - and will go to any lengths to keep it once he has it. Annie has been so damaged by the Games that she understands what it is to lose control, and will fight even harder to hold onto the things Snow tried to take from her, whether it be the ocean or her family or Finnick Odair.
The Sophisticated Shut In chapter 33 . 2/8/2015
That last review was me, sorry. I got signed out and didn't notice. At least it went through okay.

I knew Derek was a dog! Called it! ;)

Annie's family are adorable (I have a special soft spot in my heart for the baby brother who wanted to take on the Capitol to get her back) but as I suspected, they're not exactly what she needs to recover. They love her, absolutely, but they love the old Annie, and it's obvious this new one scares them a little, even if they're wise enough to hide their shock from her. I never even considered that they might actually buy into the propaganda image of Annie the well-adjusted Victor, but it makes sense. Obviously they have never really seen an alternate story, and they WANT to believe she's coping. It still hurts to see her mother struggling to look at her though. In case she gives away how upset she is.

On a lighter note (and one which gives me continuing hope for her recovery) I love seeing Annie's wicked side come into play at the train station. There's a pleasing irony in the fact that she is taking what the Capitol have done to her (driving her mad) and using it to deprive them of what they want (Finnick). Take that, Snow!

And of course it isn't just Annie who has to battle family-related demons on her return home. Finnick's punch was well-overdue, and I know it's wrong, but a part of me was happy to see him turn his back on his mother too. Her attempts to continue defending herself, when she offered him up for death, were awful. I know it's probably the only way she can live with herself, and it's clear she does love Finnick in her own way, but she's asking way too much if she thinks their relationship can ever be repaired. I would be extremely surprised.

Finnick instinctively going to Mags's house choked me up. It doesn't matter how many years pass, I guess - part of him will always be that lost young man who doesn't know how to adjust to life outside the arena. Maybe that's true of every Victor, and only another Victor can understand.
Guest chapter 32 . 2/6/2015
Poor Annie. She has to go back to her family, dragging the weight of everything she's done and everything she's been through since she saw them last, and she has to do it alone. I never thought about the fact that mags would be staying behind in the capitol too, but it makes sense, and it's understandable that Annie would feel abandoned. Finnick is so convinced her family will be able to nurse her back to health, but I think Annie is right : as hard as they try, they won't ever understand the experience of being a Victor. It's just so far beyond their worldview. She really does need Finnick or Mags to help her cope, and it's cruel that she gets neither. It's doubly cruel that this is the moment, when Annie is at her weakest, that she learns the horrible truth about Finnick and the capitol. But it's a real testament to her character that she chooses to focus on his pain rather than hers. Maybe it's not even conscious, maybe it's her coping mechanism. After all, she did the same thing with Otto. She was at her strongest and most together in the arena when she HAD to be strong for someone who was falling apart. It fits with the theme of Finnick discovering different forms of strength. (His observation is about mags but it fits Annie too.) Watching his pride crumble as he realizes the expression in Annie's eyes isn't pity, its love . . . . Aw.

But at least everything is out on the table now, and Finnick and Annie can start to take their first tentative steps towards a relationship!
The Sophisticated Shut In chapter 31 . 2/2/2015
This is one of my favorite chapters in this entire fic. Maybe my favorite. The tension is so high between Finnick and Snow, and you have the latter's voice and mode of thinking down perfectly. And then you include these wonderful images, like the statues of victors in Snow's mansion, and how they remind Finnick of chess pieces in the president's game. Or the rose Snow is pruning shearing in two like a forked tongue when he gets irritated. And then you top it all off with these heartbreaking character moments, like protective!Mags, and lonely young Finnick being naive enough to think the Capitol would fill the emptiness in him, and modern day Finnick wondering what the hell he is doing, ruining one girl to save another.

But at least he has protection for Annie now, and he's finally on the road to revolution with Johanna. Even knowing what it will ultimately cost him, it was something that needed to happen, and I'm glad it did. "Then let one last person die by my hand." Stone cold, Finnick!