Reviews for Novelty Love Song with Bizarre Choreography
htfrjolenz chapter 11 . 5/30/2015
OMG IM ECSTATIC! That was the BEST and HOTTEST most perfectly written PERFECTLY drawn out piece of work I've read yet!
Omorka chapter 11 . 7/7/2013
This is lovely! You've captured the fast-cut pace of the show fantastically well, and all the boys' voices to boot!
Howlcastle chapter 11 . 8/2/2012
Just finished this cracker of a story, and I salute you! Your story captures the spontenaity and silliness of the show so very, very well. The dialogue, the sudden crazy costume changes and letting our heroes having such a great balance all rang absolutely true. I was a little *meh* about the billed Mike/Davy arc, but in the context of your story it worked perfectly and by the end I was utterly sold. I've wanted to read some quality Monkees stories for a long time, as I'm a mega-fan of the show and it's style and humour, but looking for good stories is like walking through a minefield of Mary-Sues... I loved, loved, LOVED this story. Again, your "voices" were truthful and funny and charming, but also the way you write is magic. Looking forward to reading more! Cheers, James.
feelingtwofootsmall chapter 11 . 6/13/2012
Ahem. Like I mentioned in my message, this is the beginning of a veritable barrage of reviews that you are about to field from my direction. This is me apologizing in advance.

So, I loved the ending of this. Like before, I thin you had the characterization spot-on- Mike (oh, stupid Mike) tries to hide and deny his own feelings because of what he thinks Davy wants, and Davy thinks Mike is rejecting him because of t. Gotta love Capricorns. Also, Micky needing to be fixed: I'm sure that happens on a regular basis ;) I like how you wrote that as well.

As for the story overall, this is one of the best-exectuted story arcs I think I've read on this site (which, to be honest, might not be saying much but I mean it in the best possible way). The meta aspects of it ("narrative symmetry?") were just so great, and it was one of the first fics in this fandom that I found myself actually wishing would be updated as soon as I fininshed a chapter(the others are Javanyet's Bonnie/Mike fics)!

This was great, and I'm definitely favoriting it!
pheobe p chapter 11 . 4/28/2012
I love it! So awesome at the end - you found a way to make the crazy gender switch fic feel emotionally "real"

And a sweet love story.

Great job! You are so talented. You just need to let it out like this.

pheobe p chapter 10 . 4/28/2012
LOL lines:

"Do you know, when you speak with such…feeling…you seem to glow from within? It reminds me of my Translucent Foundation,"

Imprisonment in luxury surroundings was still imprisonment, and the Monkees took advantage of the steam room, the fresh flowers, and the breathtaking view, with heavy hearts.

Okay ... must go to next chapter ... he's a boy again! ?
pheobe p chapter 9 . 4/28/2012
He turned over on his side. Mike studied him, huddled under the bedclothes, his eyes lingering at the top of Davy's head. Too quietly to be heard, he admitted, "Yeah."

(pant, pant)

kidnapped?
pheobe p chapter 8 . 4/28/2012
I love this chapter (of course I do). That scene in the bedroom was so good.

Awesome writing:

Davy didn't seem inclined to move or look away either, and they just stayed there, sitting on Mike's bed, eyes locked on one another, while that thing in the air seemed to twist and grow and spread out to fill the whole room.

Oh this too ...

After all, they'd forgotten one very important thing when they'd agreed to the fake boyfriend plan – the one person who'd never been immune to the Davy Jones Effect was Davy himself.

So bittersweet at the end ... need more ...
pheobe p chapter 7 . 4/28/2012
Must read next chapter - no time to gush -

(this is so good!) (fangirl squeeeeee)
pheobe p chapter 6 . 4/28/2012
Okay this paragraph ... pure genius ...

He found himself doing that all the time, getting real focused on the little things that Davy did – that Davy had always done, and the way those little actions had stayed exactly the same, and yet had changed utterly at the same time. If it had been a regular girl who had come into the Pad, Mike didn't think he would've found her half as fascinating. He shifted uncomfortably at the thought and fought the urge to look away guiltily when Davy caught his eye and smiled.

It makes the zany body switch somehow profound and reveals so much about Mike and his inner workings but is still your upbeat, quirky narrative voice. I just can't imagine anyone doing this except for you. Its like your writing superpower that can't help revealing itself no matter what you write.
pheobe p chapter 5 . 4/27/2012
Ahhhh! Love ending of this chapter! So cute!

Okay so I got makeover moment - just with makeup instead of dress-trying-on montage - but yay!

Mike is so cute dealing with his feelings. :)
pheobe p chapter 4 . 4/27/2012
Little jolts of attraction in there with all the zaniness... I love the end of this chapter.

(I want Davy to get new cute clothes! This needs a "clothes trying on" montage!)
pheobe p chapter 3 . 4/27/2012
An example of what made me insane about the Monkees:

"Why can't you take my bed, Davy takes Peter's bed, I take Davy's bed and Peter can take your bed?"

An example of what I found endearing about the Monkees:

"Plus, it's a relief. It was just awful having to think badly of great aunt Jemima."

An example of why I love this story:

Everyone stared at him. Mike whistled under his breath and shook his head in disbelief while Davy's mouth dropped open. "How dare you," he said, drawing himself up – and he suddenly reached out and slapped Micky across the face.

On to chapter 3! (This is getting good!)
pheobe p chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
"Well, what would you three normally do with a girl?"

The Monkees exchanged glances.

Ha ha ha! Exactly how they act - only a little edgier. I like it. You really made me remember the show just reading your story. You have the tone and characterization down perfectly.

On to chapter two!
kats96 chapter 11 . 4/25/2012
Oh, I'm sad to see the end of this. But I enjoyed the end and thought you wrapped everything up really well. Thanks for a great story.