Reviews for Weekends With Doris
Ghostwriter chapter 8 . 4/4
Awesome work. Love it. Catch ya on the flip side.
Cassandra30 chapter 8 . 2/12
Good ending.
Cassandra30 chapter 7 . 2/12
Terrific!
Cassandra30 chapter 6 . 2/12
Love it. What a beautiful morning.
Cassandra30 chapter 5 . 2/12
About time someone gets their head out of their nether regions.
Cassandra30 chapter 4 . 2/12
Good for McGee & Amos.
Cassandra30 chapter 3 . 2/12
Sounds like some folks need a reality check.
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 2/12
Excellent!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 2/12
Awesome!
Great story !
lmill123 chapter 5 . 10/26/2014
Your story does make you wonder just what Ziva had said to Gibbs when he was in the hospital. Like they were sharing a secret.
Scat210 chapter 8 . 9/9/2014
Really enjoyable story, felt so sorry for Tony & angry at Gibbs & the team but Tony always bei the bigger man forgave them. Loved it.
ticandtoc chapter 8 . 7/26/2014
Hi This is the first time I've ever posted a review here. I haven't got a account and so will show up as anonymous, perhaps? Don't know... But anyway, I wanted to say I really like your stories. They are good both creatively and technically; that is, you clearly have a good command of language usage and rules, punctuation, and spelling. That's big with me, as I act as a volunteer editor on another fanfiction site where all stories go through an editor before posting to the archive.

I'm leaving this review in particular, though, because you have done such an *excellent* job on Ziva's idiom misuse in your stories. Your examples show that Ziva, for the most part, *gets* the idea behind the idiom but doesn't get the words quite right. This is *not* a skill that the average writer of fanfic seems to have... I've read plenty of clumsy attempts that make Ziva look like she's totally clueless on the English language, which she clearly is not.

Specific examples of yours that I can think of this early in the morning at the end of an overnight shift: In Sideways and Forwards, she calls Shalimar Glow (lol) a pie, then corrects it to tart - she has clearly remembered the phrase and what it is supposed to mean, but comes up with a synonym. Or where she is talking to Jenny and realizes that Jenny wants the truth, and so Ziva should not hedge - but she first thinks synonym for a different kind of hedge, fence. But she clearly understands the phrase and at least subconsciously remembers the word, even if she is associating a different initial meaning to it and so therefore choosing the wrong word. 'Hedge' - like a fence. 'Tart' - is a pie. And in this story - she tells McGee he's putting words on her tongue. Not quite the right phrase but certainly the right idea. (I wish I could remember a specific example of what I mean by a poor attempt at these Ziva-isms, but I can't at the moment.)

I hope I'm making sense, here?

I don't know if you ever expected to get a review that highlights this particular skill of yours, or if perhaps many people comment on it. But I find it's like the icing on the cake... I get to read one of your well-crafted tales (and serious or funny, I've liked all the ones I've read so far), all the while *not* wincing at word misuse (and mentally filling in the correct one!) such as your/you're or there/their/they're or similar (AAAGH!), or misspellings such as 'starred' for 'stared' (AAAAAGH!), or inappropriate capitalization, punctuation, and apostrophes (AAAAAAAAGH!) - and on top of all that, I get these great examples of Ziva-isms that really *make sense*, as opposed to just making her look stupid. (Mind, I'm not a huge Ziva fan - I'm almost exclusively a fan of Tony - but as irritating as she is, she is *not* stupid.)

So - thanks. For the good stories, the good use of language and punctuation, and the good Ziva-isms. (You don't need to reply to me; not sure you can since I have no account. I just wanted you to know your stories are 'keepers.')

'Toc
lorieslater chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
We don't use the word treacle either.
JENTWCSINYFAN2 chapter 8 . 12/31/2013
Very good all of it I liked it