Reviews for Flying High
Susie Sagitarius chapter 124 . 2/6
Love the typical awkward attempt at communication of both Doc and Louisa! Thank heaven Al and Ana can just say something straight out! And Aunt Ruth being...Aunt Ruth. Lovely to have a new chapter.
robspace54 chapter 124 . 2/6
Martin has a problem ("You've got problem!") with people knowing too much about him or his doings. In the small insular village of Portwenn it is a wonder he can even dare to step outside of surgery. On the other hand he is very good at deflecting unwanted interest by ignoring it.

Good chapter, just the type of interactions and conversation we would see on TV. Great work.
heypolly chapter 124 . 2/6
Lol...awkward. ..your Martin is soooo martin!
Apl9662 chapter 124 . 2/6
A very Martinlike behaviour! It made me smile. You do a good job in describing them!
Mommyanne130 chapter 124 . 2/6
Great you are back!
hawthorn1102 chapter 123 . 1/1
I wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I have been enjoying this story, a very interesting direction the relationship may have taken based on different decisions. The results may have differed but you have retained the personalities of the characters as presented in the TV series so well that the flow of the story all makes sense. It is fun seeing your interpretation of how Martin would be as a father to a growing son. How will he deal with him when a new baby arrives?

In this chapter, I have to agree with Martin's logic regarding how different is it dissecting a mouse to show James its anatomy from letting him cut open a fish to prepare for cooking? It is an interesting observation of yet another difference between M & L.

I have read all of the DM FF stories, some multiple times, including your other stories. I think yours are very good and you do a fine job of getting inside the heads of M & L to reveal what doesn't necessarily come out in their conversations. I have not written any reviews until recently, but felt it was time to thank you and some of the other authors for your hard work.

I look forward to more chapters and more stories. Best wishes for 2016!
Susie Sagitarius chapter 123 . 1/1
What a great chapter, pulling several pieces of the M & L puzzle into this scenario at Al's. Love the Doc explaining about dissecting with Grandpa. Oh, ya, and Al will make a great dad!
4runners chapter 123 . 1/1
Loved the, "Ruth will take you for a kipper and have you for breakfast" line. I have to agree with Martin here, dissecting the mouse under his father's watchful eye could be a wonderful father/son bonding experience. Louise often does not think things through or do things that make a lot of sense. Here behavior here is so like that of the Louisa in the show. I really enjoyed this chapter full of human interaction!
ke0212 chapter 123 . 1/1
Great chapter. I liked Martin's thoughts about dissecting the mouse vs cleaning the fish. He's right ... Not all that different an activity
Apl9662 chapter 123 . 1/1
Happy New year to you too! You're a master indescribing our grumpy Doc. Looks like there is fish to feed the whole village. I like the way Al takes care of James!
Apl9662 chapter 122 . 12/7/2015
A simple solution, but not something a newly wedded couple would prefer..well done, I found thei chapter amusing and it could have been picked from real life!
Susie Sagitarius chapter 122 . 12/5/2015
Brilliant "who's on first, what's on second" routine here with the phone call.
4runners chapter 121 . 11/16/2015
Martin is learning what a normal little boy is all about, none of it neat and tidy nor sanitary.
How fortunate are the friends and family members of Martin Ellingham to have an ever vigilant doctor to constantly scrutinize them for signs of disease!
spottedhorse chapter 121 . 11/4/2015
Poor Martin really can't relate to most of it, not even enough to understand why others might find it enjoyable or why they might be happy that he and Louisa are expecting another one. But at least he is learning to curb his tongue and test the waters before responding to a lot of what goes on around him. You capture that well.
ke0212 chapter 121 . 11/4/2015
As usual Doc is relegated to a corner in the room, and after his trip to visit Ana's family, Al has learned that the corner does hold some benefits. Doc isn't looking forward to Ruth's on Saturday