Reviews for For Propriety's Sake
tadah2 chapter 15 . 3/3/2014
It's a good one. If I had to make a suggestion, I would recommend that you add a bit of emphasis on when they married, as that is difficult to discern.
Kernigh chapter 15 . 10/31/2013
Many stories save Boromir. Among stories that I found, one saved Théodred, one saved Gollum, and no story saved Háma nor Théoden nor Halbarad. Four stories saved Boromir. He is a main character and has more fans.

The survival of Boromir, as told in _For Propriety's Sake_, is not plausible. Aragorn and company would not put a living Boromir in the boat, so they must have mistaken him for dead. If Boromir is alive, he should die as his boat takes days to float from Amon Hen to the Pelennor Fields. It is hard to believe that Boromir can live long enough to reach the Houses of Healing. I take his survival as a miracle necessary to begin the story.

Boromir is himself. He wants no wife, he would walk off and continue fighting, and in this story, he tries to do exactly so! It is not by their own intention that Boromir and Lindy fall in love. Boromir had to act quickly: if he had not visited Lindy in chapter 6, the romance would have failed. Lindy won Boromir, and did so in a way that I can believe.

I find fault with chapter 11, when the Enemy attacks the Houses of Healing. This ignores the geography of Minas Tirith. These Houses are in the sixth circle, and the attackers would need to break through six gates or climb six walls; or perhaps climb Mount Mindolluin and enter Minas Tirith through the back door. This probably requires the Enemy to conquer five circles and invade the sixth. The Enemy would control most of Minas Tirith, and defend the city against Théoden or Aragorn, thus prolonging the battle. Boromir would not say, "We've won," so soon. Avonmora wanted to write a scene where Boromir saved Lindy, but failed to write one that fits.

_For Propriety's Sake_ story might not become my first favorite among stories that save Boromir. _Troubled Waters_ by Adamanta Altiere has a more interesting premise (but a strange and less plausible one), but that story is not complete. _For Propriety's Sake_ is the only one that I have read from beginning to end.
TMI Fairy chapter 15 . 7/12/2013
You ran amok with the timeline but who cares :)
What counts is that they are happy together.
TMI Fairy chapter 5 . 7/12/2013
[Another month passed ]
This means we are in early April, i.e. just after the Battle at the Black Gates and the destruction of the Ring.
TMI Fairy chapter 4 . 7/12/2013
[After many house, I left the private room to inform Brydda of the birth of his son.]
1 - house?
2 - Brydda - an Eorling?

TMI Fairy chapter 3 . 7/12/2013
I know that this probably happened off-screen, but the distraught father should had been called in at some point.

Bree - that's interesting. She's probably treated like shit, she's not even the Middle People but Men of Darkness.
IAmCozy chapter 15 . 5/12/2013
A very lovely story!
Eldariel chapter 15 . 5/8/2013
Sweet. I really love this story. Lindy is a great character.
The only thing I don't like that much is that you gave Ithilien to Boromir. I always saw it the way that Faramir loves Ithilien very much and for that reason Aragorn gave it to him. But good story nontheless. 3
19seventythree chapter 15 . 5/8/2013
While there was nothing wrong with the final chapters, I enjoyed the story so much that it does still feel "unfinished" to me. So I personally would welcome a sequel, one-shots or otherwise :) would you post them as further chapters to this story or as separate entities?
Yavanna80 chapter 15 . 5/8/2013
What? No wedding? No steamy wedding night? Aaaaawww...
Well, I suppose that the oneshots will complete the story 'cause I want those oneshots like drugs! Hahahahaha
I love the final sentence "I looked back at the city. It had at first been my escape and then it had been my haven, the place where I had met Boromir. My life had changed so much in my time in that city. I had changed so much."
I'm so happy for Lindy and Boromir!
Please, please, please! Update soon with a oneshot of the weeding! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaseeeee!

Hugs from an awaiting fan,

EarthMama chapter 15 . 5/7/2013
Oh, it's over already...(((((sniffles))))) "Prince Boromir" does have a nice ring to it. I'm so happy that Lindy will be his Lady, and they will have a future together (I mean, they will, right?) I say yes, absolutely, to the one-shots; I'd love to see a wedding (and wedding night...ahem ;-) ), some babies, too...I've loved this story from the beginning and applaud you for creating such a real OC. All these emotions, the self-doubt that Lindy had and the way she articulated it was so refreshing. I love her "perfect imperfections." I will definitely be checking out your other stories...thank you for this one, Avonmora. It really touched me. ((((((((hugs))))))))
kblatz chapter 15 . 5/7/2013
I loved it and I would love a sequel.
Naii chapter 14 . 5/5/2013
I searched up this story for the first time in months thinking that maybe you updated! And you have! Absolutely loved it! I understand how studies can keep you away from the story so please don't feel bad at all! I'm just glad you're continuing the story!
will zona chapter 14 . 5/3/2013
This chapter is excellent. Keep it up, you're doing great.
Yavanna80 chapter 14 . 5/3/2013
That's what I call a terrific chapter ending! Boromir has self control! _
Woah, woah! I can't wait for the final chapter and, at the same time, I don't want this fanfic to end! Damn ambivalence...
I still think that the bastard that took away Lindy's virginity and honor should be punished in the worst way possible! Boromir and Lindy should go to Bree as husband and wife and chastise him! Mwahahahahaha!

At last, you update more often!

Once again, thanks for sharing! You made my day, Avonmora! Keep up the good work! Now, the final chapter and an epilogue, right? Every good fanfic has an epilogue that reads "6 months later, "1 year later"... More or less...