Reviews for Spark
Myriara chapter 6 . 3/22
As I said before, beautiful. No words.
Myriara chapter 4 . 3/22
Impressive ... No other words come to me
Myriara chapter 2 . 3/22
As I said about the chapter before, I have no, I know no words to tell what these text impressed me, how it touched me.
Myriara chapter 1 . 3/22
I am not a native speaker, so I think I will not be able to tell you how beautifull your text seemed to me, how full of poetry, sadness and despayr, but it did.
Ygrain33 chapter 6 . 2/23
So many layers in this last conversation, and so much sorrow underneath them. Maedhros's decision to give up the crown was that of a true king and leader, and as for the songs... music is not my forte, but write I will, to the best of my ability, as do we all.
- Just to make clear, I'm the one who asked your permission to translate this story on Patreon recently, and I am looking forward to the challenge.
Ygrain33 chapter 5 . 2/23
The long-awaited, much needed brotherly fluff... a nice touch on Curufin starting to work on the sword long before it was even clear if Maedhros was going to pull through. And, what makes Maedhros such a wonderful character: his determination. Not giving up what he has achieved, no matter what, and facing the challenge of being crippled head-on. A great chapter.
Ygrain33 chapter 4 . 2/23
Love the banter, even though it is just a post-traumatic coping mechanism, and the tough love moment that was indeed well placed. And the response to the not-Maitimo part, oh, my boy...
Ygrain33 chapter 3 . 2/23
What a contrast between the hope Maedhros slowly coming back to life, and the realisation that he is coming to: no sweet first words but acknowledgment what those left behind had gone through. However, Maglor's surprise that Fingon went to save Maedhros without knowing that his friend had not abandoned him is perhaps the saddest about this chapter.
Ygrain33 chapter 2 . 2/17
What an ending - the resurgence of will and determination from the very brink of deprivation and insanity. I shouldn't have started reading this when I have work to do, it's painful to tear away!
Ygrain33 chapter 1 . 2/17
Ouch, that hurt to read! And it's great to see that your writing is as masterful as your painting, though in much, much darker shades. This really brought out the horror and despair of what was done to Maedhros.
LiteraryGirl4Ever chapter 6 . 9/24/2019
Thank you for the beautiful story!
LiteraryGirl4Ever chapter 5 . 9/24/2019
Awwww. I don’t know if I can take the sweetness. You’ve done an incredible job of portraying all the mixed emotions everyone must be feeling, but still having love come out on top.
LiteraryGirl4Ever chapter 2 . 9/24/2019
The fire of Feanor burning in his son is going to come to Maedhros’ aid, and give him strength to fight his demise. I love the way Fingon spoke, the way he never even once gives up on him.
LiteraryGirl4Ever chapter 1 . 9/24/2019
Oh my gosh, that was painfully beautiful. The last sentence though! It made me so happy I could cry!
Lindelas chapter 6 . 1/13/2019
This is the only Silmarillion fanfic story I've ever read, and I absolutely love it! I've been working my way through the Silmarillion again after over ten years, and it's so great to read this piece alongside. It makes those scenes in the Sil so much richer and character descriptive. I love your portrayal of Maedhros and Fingon, and their friendship that gets renewed during Maedhros' recovery. And I also love your portrayal of Maglor and Aradhel and all of the others. So perfect!

Thank you so much for writing this!