Reviews for Lying Down With Lions
DarkSecretLove chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
I loved this as well... geez, my reviews are getting a tad tedious... Anyhow. I really liked how you put the whole lion references in there :)
LadyKatieKay chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Commented on this elsewhere, just want to say this is awesome and ilu wifey!
Melle22 chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
I read and enjoyed this but didn't comment at the time. However, now that I read a negative review (by an anon, of course ... stand by your opinions, damn it. They ARE valid, if made in an intellegent way with respect to the author and other readers who don't share your opinion, but seem so underhanded when you don't sign your name) on one of your more recent posting, I wanted to make sure that you knew I, at least, am enjoying you giving Reid a chance to bleed his wounds and have his say.

also, I just have to comment on this:

sillyoldthing commented:

Remember during "The Big Game" [Gideon] was not with the team. He was admiring another bird always kinda made me smile that the first scene with Davis Rossi was him bird hunting.

I didn't notice this, but omg, LOL! Thank you, you sillyoldthing! It took me awhile to warm up to Rossi, maybe if I'd noticed this I'd have loved him from word go!

Yeah, Gideon struck me as an UNSUB in the making from day one. He annoyed me, his arrogance and condescention (sp?) and then his complete dismisal of Reid's plead for help in New Orleans. That was it for me. One more word out of his mouth and i would have gladly shot him.

Now Rossi, also arrogant, but I don't find him condescending so much as set in his ways. His 'fatherly, measured tone' annoyed the crap out of me at first, but now it feels genuine.

Anyway... hope you are writing up a storm!
RogueStorm84 chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
aww that was amazing
SillyOldThing chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Great one shot. I too have felt this way about Gideon. Everything was always about him. He wasn't really a team player. Remember during "The Big Game" he was not with the team. He was admiring another bird always kinda made me smile that the first scene with Davis Rossi was him bird hunting.
2amWritersClub chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
I love this. I too find it hard to take Gideon reapearing and nobody calling him out over his actions.
delia cerrano chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
I felt bad for Gideon but understand how Reid felt. He should have talked to the team or at least Reid before Gideon walked away. Will he be back?
nannily chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
I never really liked Gideon, so I really like your ff. Of course not only because of this but also because it is very well-written. :)
TS chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Interesting! And very well-written! I never noticed so many stories had "saint Gideon" until you mentioned it, but it's so true. I'm glad Reid told Gideon what was on his mind. But I really adore the Morgan/Reid h/c :)
omgnotagain chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
Yes it is a lovely story...but remember "The lions sometimes eat their young".
lolyncut chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
I always thought Gideon was a pompous ass and a coward. I'm glad he's gone. He never took the blame for the campus fiasco, and for Elle getting shot.

I'm not a fan of slash, but I did enjoy your one-shot.
freakingdork chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
omg jasper, this is perfection. love it when Reid gets to hold his ground like this.
DZHoneyBee chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
Wow...this was absolutely beautiful, especially the ending. And I love how Reid wasn't submissive to Gideon! Great job!
Steph chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
Ha! I agree about Gideon swooping in on an injured Reid and saving the day. He doesn't have the right after leaving the way he did. Great little one shot!
Rayne McKenna chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
Beautiful. Loved that lion analogy. Very well done.