Reviews for The Power of Speech
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 9/30/2015
Aww, that was so sweet! It reminded me of the first movie and how they spoke to Splinter there, too. A very sweet story. Nicely done on this.

The Bubbly One,
Shell
turtlelover chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
i didn't understand every thing they said but enough know what is going on between them. This was a very beautiful,peaceful story thank you
GirlforGod99 chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
I loved it!
Ice Dagger chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
I love the idea of this piece! And you really decribe the turtles and Splinter well. Good job!
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
Very cute...
What wonderful insight to the TMNT's begininings! Your take on their budding personalities was wonderful and well written. Even how you 'taught' your readers how to pronounce the Japanese words was clever! Hai!
Anyway, I enjoyed this very much; which will probably encourage me to read your other creative rantings as well!
Be blessed.
Talking Hawk chapter 1 . 10/18/2003
That was really good - I mean it, it was very, very good. ) I loved how you got into Splinter's head like that, and the Japanese was great too. However, you might have wanted to point out what the words meant. (Tabettecommand to eat, pi-zapizza, daijyoubu dait's all right, tabette naicommand to not eat, chotto matte kudasaiplease wait a moment, and tadaimatime to eat(?)) So...yeah. I was happy that after three years of studying Japanese I was able to translate what a rat and four turtles were saying... _' Hehe. Jya matta (see you later).
Clover-Elf chapter 1 . 7/27/2002
Hee hee! This was a cute story. And it was pretty neat to see Splinter actually speaking Japanese. And my dictionary is a dork, because it would tell me that one for "pepper" is "piiman" but it wouldn't tell me what "piiman" meant no matter how I typed it in!

If you don't mind, though, I have a few corrections. The request form of "eat" is "tabete", not "tabette." The negative request form of the same is "tabenaide".

The only suggestion I'd offer is telling who's who a little more clearly. If they don't have names yet, you could mention their colors or something, although I don't know what they'd be wearing. Diapers? _;; It would be sweet if he did call them by name-Leo, Raffi, Donny, and Mikey, at this age! Unless you think he'd consider that too undignified, I haven't seen the show in a long time.

Ganbatte!
Alex chapter 1 . 6/15/2002
That was really cute. I'm not normally a fan of "baby turtles" fics, but this was an exception. It was well written and really captured the moment.
Splinter chapter 1 . 6/12/2002
Ah! I somehow missed this when you first posted it. This was so incredibly adorable. Mike causing trouble even before he could talk-:) And Splinter's POV was so good. I don't know how I missed this. *beats herself with a wet noodle for being so blind*
kytyngurl2 chapter 1 . 6/11/2002
Totemo omoshirokata! Arigatou! :)
Skeletoncrew chapter 1 . 6/5/2002
Yes! A new offering from HT! Very sweet! And as always, I love to read stories with Splinter's perspective!
Azure Turtle chapter 1 . 5/31/2002
Aww, that was great, HT! I'm glad that you had descriptions after each Japanese phrase, so those of us who don't know Japanese can get an idea of what the phrase meant. Very well written! Now, about those unfinished fics of yours... P
sss979 chapter 1 . 5/30/2002
This is cute. A very original idea, and handled very well. ;) Good work!
Streetwyse chapter 1 . 5/28/2002
This is just too cute. I love it. it's nice to see what it was like for Splinter teaching something other being a ninja. I hope you write another one like it soon. (enigma)
Machias Banshee chapter 1 . 5/28/2002
*squeal* that was so sweet! I couldnt help but smile at the interactions. lil' troublemaking mikey... heh, love it, hope to see more like this soon!