Reviews for Lost in the Cold
Ryuus2 chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
Hindsight: showing proving deities have horrible ideas just like the rest of us.

I've gotta see about putting that on a motivational poster ;)

Keep up the great work!
Silvara chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
In this, beside of the fact that's it's an Hylia fic and with IC characters , what I especially loved was the details, like the fact Zelda and Hylia are exactly the same person yet the differences between them showing so much. The descriptions were vivid and the writing style made me eager to read more. But I know this was supposed to be an one-shot. Great snippet in Hylia/Zelda's mind! Thank you for sharing it.
Aiur chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
I was really impressed with your interpretation of the Zelda/Hylia dichotomy. Julia hasn't been segregated off as an alternate personality, but seamlessly integrated into Zelda's self, which seems to be what the game implied. Portraying Hylia as a benevolent, powerful, but not all-knowing goddess was also a great insight. Her complete disregard for the dangers presented to the Hero can be explained by a true lack of understanding, rather than the 'there was no other choice' explanation.

It might be worth it to add one or two more chapters showing the Temple of Time incident or the sleep-awakening scenes.

Overall, great job!
TwilightWakerofTime chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
I rather liked this! This is the second interpretation of this part of Zelda's journey that I've seen (not including my own) and while I think that you skimmed over the details, it was very well done for a oneshot.

The first half almost seemed unnecessary, but it was interesting to read all the same. I believe that the second half, where Zelda discovers her true power, was the best. The emotions were perfect and I loved her reactions. In particular, I loved how you described her feelings of being "fragile" compared to the goddess, and the way she lost the innocence she possessed in an instant.

I must thank you for writing this. I'm currently in the process of writing a story from Zelda's point of view, and this scene is what I need to convey in the next chapter. I've had writer's block on it the past few weeks, and even though I finally forced myself through the rough draft, I didn't like much of what I wrote. This has inspired me to try again, and I might end up using some of your ideas.