Reviews for See The Cradle?
the tiniest pyre chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Oh, hello there. Here I am. Reviewing.

In hindsight, I'm not sure why I didn't review in the first place. Maybe it was because I beta'd, or maybe I just forgot. I dunno, but whatever the reason is, I'm an absolute idiot.

This. Story. Is. A. Fucking. Mazing. I cannot stress that enough. You- the word "you" here representing both Cendi and Jo (hi, Jo)- have this way of writing the kind of things that people just want to go back to over and over and over again. I first read this story ten months ago, and I've read it over half a dozen times since, but I'm still sitting here with Quite Red Eyes and I still had to stifle my laughter in my quilt so I didn't wake anyone. I still /felt/, just as much as the first time. Props, guys.

Chris and Ally are fantastic, of course. Their whole dynamic is just too perfect for me to even /fathom/. And for some reason I really want a Chris and Ally sitcom. Um.

I actually loved John and Annie too, because they're overbearing and a bit pushy but they're not being dicks on /purpose/ and they're actually really sweet and adorable and they're just doing what they think is right, even if it is wildly ignorant. They remind me of a lot of people I know. xD

The cats were absolutely flawless. I don't think I have to elaborate on that.

The spelling and grammar and such are all good, which we all already know, so I'm not really sure why I'm mentioning it? It just seems right to say it, I don't know.

So, yeah, everything's pretty damn wonderful, and I tip my hat to you. Actually, I'm wearing a hood, so let's just keep that metaphorical.

-Minnie
Olympus - 117 chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Wow! That was a great read!

Both characters were exceptionally funny and incredibly well written ... but then again that's pretty much as expected. :) The way you separated each scene, cutting between short and long always works very well and gives the story a nice flow.
The relationship between the two women was very poignant and touching, I feel that you really captured the essence of a loving relationship - great job guys! XD

Oh, and I loved the imperial march - that one cracked me up for ages!
DandelionsAndDaydreams chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Really good! I enjoyed the humor, and the ending was very sincere. I'm also a fan of this formatting; it DOES give it a scrapbook-like affect.
Xed Alpha chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Brilliantly written, as expected from both of you. Some really funny lines in there (I lol'd at "Yes, he was delicious.") and a good message that shows hope for acceptence of all in our society. A good read and happy i was show it.

-XA-
conjure-at-your-own-risk chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
You made me like a Bible!Fic. I'm impressed.

Their relationship is adorable and fluffy, I love their dynamics with their neighbors.

I should borrow some of those lines if I get asked if I found Jesus. I especially love the part when she said to file a missing person report.

Good job and that stuff!

Good luck surviving the rest of Pesach. We can do it!
Proud to be Plug chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
'"Maybe she's just fond of painful methods of execution?"'

XD XD XD

This is very good. There's just enough humour, and you hit the right emotional notes in the second half. Some of the things Ally and Chris say/do to get rid of their neighbours are quite hilarious. XD

This is the first Bible fic I've read. I haven't actually read the Bible itself. XD The characters are interesting, and the resolution is both well-done and satisfactory.

I rather enjoyed the sensation of understanding what was going on in one of your stories, Cendi! The different sections and so forth work well to create a certain kind of almost scrapbook-like effect.

All in all, great work!