Reviews for Phone home
reallybodmin chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
I like your story. Just found this show a few weeks ago and I am already to S4 when Maddy is gone. Don't like the constant sniping between J and the new girl. Lacks the humor of Maddy but I am going to keep watching because I love Alan Davies, I love the puzzles, and I am hoping something good is going to happen between these two. Thanks for this from a fan in the US
Rodent2000XD chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
You're written 275 different fanfictions?!
Outasync chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Yes, this is the only way I could see Jonathan and Maddy ever using the 'L-word' to each other. So casual, not realising what they've said until it's said.

Just been re-watching the very first episode, where Jonathan gets all upset that Maddy has a boyfriend after she explicitly told him that she was not interested in him "in a way that made it seem like you were interested in me". They had their most heartfelt conversation over the phone in that episode - or at least Maddy did, before she realised that the phone had come unplugged half-way through her rant/confession.

The super-awkward romance between them only works as long as they don't act on it. Your story brings them together, while at the same time keeping them miles apart (literally). Great stuff. You have their voices down pat, too. I can just hear the actors reading this.