Reviews for The Wedding Gift
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
Oh, this is lovely! It's so rare to find a story where Richard isn't a cardboard villain, never mind where he is fully reformed without making him inconsistent! I loved Mary's reactions and Richard's knowing her so well––there's an ache for you!––and Matthew's responses and the idea of Richard having a daughter (but refusing to change her diapers, LOL).

Beautifully done! Bravo!
Charlotte chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
This was the sweetest ending to a Downton fic that I've ever read! Your style of writing is great and I noticed no grammatical or spelling mistakes. Good job!
roxinfox23 chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This was so sweet! I want more of Papa Richard!
Audrey C chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Enjoyed this story very much. Nice to see a decent Richard for a change. Looking forward to reading more from you!
hillevi chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Such a lovely story! I do love that your Richard is a good man.

And he deserves love in his life, and a daughter was so sweet.
darkblueyank chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Awww, so sweet. It's nice to imagine that Richard's better side eventually comes through. I especially like the image of him reading the newspapers to his toddler.
Brideshead321 chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Awwww...I hope Richard really does have the balls to apologise in the end.
A Forgotten One chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
what a lovely refreshing change to the usual fics!
SpangleyPony chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
wonderful, very heartwarming.
robspace54 chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
I do think that Richard had the potential to be a better man than he seemed to be. He did love Mary, but she did not love him, as we know.

A very nice story and so true to the characters.
Cosette chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
This is so cute I think I died. Good job!
TK's Angel chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Wonderful work; if only this were to be the way things unfold in series 3, but alas. I love how you depicted Carlisle; he truly has more depth and emotion than most people give him credit for and I truly believe that he loved Mary in his own way. I'm glad that he got his happy ending too, and it was so heartwarming to read. Kudos!
LoverandaFighter chapter 1 . 4/8/2012