Reviews for Slightly Dysfunctional
Girasol93 chapter 12 . 6/6
...why? oh god why did it have to come to this T_T I very much loved your story and how you incorporated both the film and mythos into one amazing and heart wrenching story :) I'm really looking forward to that sequal who spoke of and how Loki and Sigyn will cope afterwards. So just to be clear on this last chapter, since the time frame is a bit shady, I suppose Loki was imprisoned for about 5 years after the whole incident with Taldr and his sons? Is that why Nott is about that age when she is introduced?
Guest chapter 2 . 10/3/2014
I have just tarted reading and I'm only up to chapter 2 but I am absolutely loving this story! GOOD JOB!:))
Hekka chapter 12 . 9/20/2014
So, it didn't occur to Odin to use magic and establish the truth about the death of Balder (and by the way learn about gaps in his surveillance system of prisoners, that cost him his own son and grandchildren)? And what about Fenrir? Is he still in prison? I can't believe that Loki just condone with such injustice. Couldn't he find a way to secretly release his son and send him to somewhere safe? Even if on Midgard - Jörmungandr already hiding there (by the way it is now in Hel's opportunities to return Vali and Narfi . And send them to Jörmungandr as well).
Guest chapter 12 . 2/3/2014
Well that makes no sense. If I recall mythology correctly, Nott is one of Thor's grandmothers, meaning.. She's suppose to be older than Thor or Loki. Not only that, the same can be said for Norvi, meaning she would have never married Narfi son of Loki. No, before Nari/Narfi/Narvi was born, there was another Narfi, just as there is another Vali. It is most likely Narfi was named after this god. Get your damn facts straight.

Despite the screw up, which I will call it, I can see that you were only trying to make some stupid connection to show some good out of the bad. Pathetic, given the timeline of Norvi and Nott being older than Thor or Loki so it would make no sense that Norvi would be son of Loki, Narfi's, wife or Notts father.

Also, Vali, while we're on the topic, had no indication of a wife, ever. He's, probably, one of the more mysterious gods there is in Norse mythology. Given that nobody knows what happened to him after ODIN forced him to become a wolf to kill his own brother. Nobody knows if he lived or died. Some say he joined with Fenrir, some say he was killed by Skadi, an enemy of Loki, et cetra. Nobody really knows much about him. I do like that you were trying to give him more background, but I do not like the elf girl wife thing.. No. Mostly because I picture Vali crueler than his father, and joining with the Celts. And then I have this story where he is the actual father of Myles Fowl from the Artemis Fowl series... And nobody knows that he is alive or dead in Norse mythology.. It's a complicated story. (He's also married to a winter fae in it though he is part of the Dark Court. Took some inspiration from Wicked Lovely there.)

But enough of that... It was still a... nice story despite it's flaws.
Rosemary chapter 12 . 12/9/2013
P.s. This story is absolutely heart wrenching and amazing! I really enjoyed that little introduction to Nott as well. ;) I look forward to reading future works of yours! :)
Rosemary chapter 12 . 12/8/2013
NO! NO NO NO! WH YDID STUPID NORSE MYTHOLOGY HAVE TO KILL NARFI AND VALI! D: D: D: You should make a sequel about Ragnorak. PLEASE DO IT!
Rosemary chapter 9 . 12/8/2013
I'd rather here about Jormungandr living on Midgard. lol. Maybe he can fall for Nessie the Loch Ness Monster. XD
Rosemary chapter 8 . 12/8/2013
NARFI FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELZ!
Rosemary chapter 2 . 12/8/2013
Great! Now all you need to add is Sleipnir, one of Loki's troll children, and the twin girls Eisa and Einmyria. :)
kylie chapter 7 . 7/26/2013
I like it that's all I van think of ;)
GoddessOfApples chapter 12 . 7/4/2013
I love the way you bind the old legends in your story and make them fit perfectly:):) And I have always loved Logyn a lot:):) Sigyn is the perfect wife for Loki:):) Thank you:):)
-Ave
HockeyCatGirl chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
So good! You are such a brillaiant writer and this story that you manadged to weave so wonderfully with a plentitude of characters, an array of emotions and so many great plot twists and turns was just thrilling! I would absolotely LOVE to read and avenglock writen by you and a sequel would be so cool! Anywaysy not much to say since it is done :( but just thought i might give you my two cents. Thank you so much for the fantastuc and please keep writing -Me :)
Thay-Logyn chapter 12 . 5/14/2013
It is just... perfect! No words to describe my feelings.
It is really hard to something make me cry, but congratulations, you did it!
Perfect! 3
Purple Drow 10 chapter 12 . 3/11/2013
Then a sinkhole opened up and all of Loki's other family members fell down to Menzoberranzan where the drow tortured them, enslaved them ,and, ultimately, killed them. Then everything was indeed lost.

I have issues.
GodofMischief chapter 12 . 12/26/2012
Thank you very much for this story. I love your interpretation of the Norse myths, and I want to thank you especially for a few simple ideas that greatly increased my enjoyment of the story:

Firstly, I had never considered that Fen, Jor and Hela were triplets. As far as I'm concerned, it's Loki and Sigyn forever, so I liked that you came up with a tactic for ensuring that Loki and Angrboda could have three children without their relationship being long or meaningful enough to give validity to claims of 'cheating' on Sigyn.

Secondly, other interpretations of the myths have always assumed that Fen and Jor were born a wolf and a snake, and I had always been confused about how Angrboda had managed to give birth to two animals. Making them shapeshifters was ingenious, and made everything much clearer!

And lastly, although I'm not pleased about Loki being set up, I think it was a good twist to employ. I haven't read every last story in the Norse myths, but from those I have read, Loki always seemed more mischievous than menacing, and he additionally made himself available for the assistance of the gods in the aftermath of his tricks. It struck me as out of character for him to go from pranks to doing something as wicked as killing Balder so suddenly.

I would also like to say that I liked your fidelity to the story of the myths, and the fact that your godly characters were so human. You were able to create a coherent and emotional tale of a happy, if unusual, family being destroyed through other people's prejudices. You're right- Odin is the king of Assholegard. In fact, I would like to conclude by saying that this is the best story about Loki's children, and one of the best stories based on Loki, that I've ever read on here. Kudos to you!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »