Reviews for Ties that Bind
Ryuu no Kami chapter 1 . 3/11
Wow. I have no words to say. Probably had a few tears in my eyes. Beautiful story! Thank you so much for writing it, as no one really seems to write stuff between the two brothers. But they can't match this. Well done. Probably one of the best stories I have read here. Thank you again!
Christina E Lupin chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
Awww... so adorable. There needs to be more stories about Asbel and Hubert making up for the lost 7 years, Very well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
I'm so glad that guy at GameStop recommended this game; otherwise I never would have read this amazing story! Asbel and Hubert were in character, and Malik pretending to be asleep doesn't surprise me at all, the meddler. :p

I can't wait until I beat Lineages & Legacies so that I can read your other one! I hope you write more for this game. :)
Supermangas92 chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
I love Asbel and Hubert, I love the way relationship between siblings are written (for most part, no incest)
So how could i not fall in love with your story ?! I should have read it earlier because it really worth it !

The story in general seems quite simple buut in reality, it's way more complex if you add Asbel feelings and Hubert personnality. That was long, and well written,who can complain about it? ;)

And, just like that, i have myself a twin sister and i remembered when she was scared like Hubert and that we did the same thing as Asbel and Hubert :a fort with plushies...Brings me back good memories X3
I hope you will write other ToG story, i will love to read them !
apricot sunset chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
This was so beautiful! The story itself was simple, but it was emotionally very powerful; it was difficult to keep myself from tearing up as I was reading. Everything was written wonderfully and your characters were spot on. There is an understated elegance to your writing style that completely drew me in, and I saw it in your other Graces fic, as well. Great job!

I was surprised that there wasn't really any closure in the game between Asbel and Hubert, especially because, of all the games in the Tales series, Graces was the most heavily centered on friendship and maintaining those bonds with the people in your life. It was great to read something that focused on Asbel's attempt to reconnect with Hubert, which I think would have made their story in the game even more touching. I thought you did an amazing job portraying their complex relationship, not just with each other but also with the rest of the Lhant family.

One teeny, tiny spelling correction: it's spelled "per se". But it's only a minor detail in an otherwise flawless fic. Great work, I loved it!
Anon-san chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Oh my god! THANK YOU! Thank you so much for writing this beautiful fic. I love their interaction and wish it really happen in the game. I really love their bond when they were children and when I saw how far apart they were when they grew up, I was so sad. I was hoping there would be a scene where everything would be mended and see some actual brotherly love. Anyways, enough with the rambling...

Wow, I really love your writing style. This was really well written. I can picture everything so clearly. Kudos to you. Seriously, this fic is perfect! I wish and would love to see more Graces fic from you soon. Keep up the great work and thanks for the share ).
My Solitude chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Interesting... XD
Kurocyq chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Love this fic! You should write more, Tales of Graces doesn't have many fanfic and most of them are yaoi which I hate. well, hope you write another fanfic on this series soon.
Icy Cake chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
I love this. You really captured the brothers' in-game relationship perfectly. It's like I'm reading a part of a novelized Tales of Graces.

Absolutely well done. Thanks for sharing.
stuntbook chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
this is perfect, thank you so much for sharing! The characterization is perfect and I wanted to cry when Hubert was explaining his nightmare ;; you captured the emotions perfectly too.

I agree with the previous review that there is a hole between Hubert and Asbel's bonding, and this did justice perfectly.

please write more ToG fics if you ever get the chance 3 !
Daidairo chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
This was really, really amazing. One of the biggest holes in Graces is the lack of "I'm sorry" and "Let's be friends again" kind of making up between Hubert and Asbel. I always believed that as with many other Tales games, there are scenes in the story that happened that Namdai didn't show us.

Your fic is that scene that didn't happen.
Falsetta-Arias chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Wonderful characterization! Bromance is only second to romance, and I love you to death for such a wonderful bromance story.
Cave's light of memories chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
I loved this story I really did. I really would've loved to have seen this in the game. You were spot on with their characters and you captured Asbel very well.

I loved the interactions between Hubert and Asbel and that left me with such a warm feeling inside. This was a fantastic story.
Miyavilurver chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Oh god~~~ what I wouldn't give to see this in the game! You got their characters perfectly! I love this so much! Thanks for writing such a wonderful piece. (:
Guest chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Ohhhh, I loved this. This is what I wanted most from the game. The characterizations were spot-on for me.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this!