Reviews for Tomione as Written by Ernest Hemingway
AnnaOxford chapter 1 . 7/17
Meh, not my thing, but beautifully written.
Sietha chapter 1 . 6/28
Better than Hemingway.
ohmyfish chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
I stare at the screen and think that the story is funny. I lift my fingers to the keyboard and begin typing words. My review tries to sound like the story that I think is funny, but I am not sure that I succeed.
No, seriously, I thought it was hilarious. I don't know how you can even write like that, I just tried and it isn't easy.
TemperamentalRage chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
That was simply beautiful.
Lady Marvolo Riddle chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
That was really well-done and extremely intriguing. I loved it-for beginning to end! Honestly, you are an amazing writer-keep up the fanfictions- I love them!
silver screen icon chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
interesting... love the complex relationship dynamics between them..

Silver Screen Icon
xx
Moonlit Puddles chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
lol, that was weird. I'm mighty curious now, about Hemingway that is. Does he actually write that way?

No commas in the narration..made for strange and unnatural reading...

I liked the story, it was strangely sweet. Stealing the items she needs to prevent her from leaving, such a Tom thing to do. haha

I feel like there is so much subtext here...in the spoken and unspoken.
Cellar chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
One, tasty thing.
Of All Things Slazar chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Hemingwayesque writing style! Oh my!
ShimmeringWater chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
I LOVED it! Great job!
nerys chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Grr... apparently, FFnet decides to ignore "remember me for three days". Well, I decide to ignore "login to submit a signed/verified review" in return. There, take that FFnet.

Here is where you can see the difference in reading on paper and on internet the most. Where as on paper it doesn't pose any issues to not have a name behind every line of dialogue stating who said what, when reading on a computer, you strain your eyes too much to follow where you are in the sentence and easily get confused who's doing the talking.

Poor Hemingway was lucky not to be in the digital era. I think I'd not finished the sun also rises or a farewell to arms if I'd had to read them on a PC.

Anyway, I do congratulate you on capturing his style. Indeed, perhaps still a bit too much description, but even Hemingway occassionally said something about the environment. XDDDD

Omit what you and the reader know makes for a truly remarkable writer. *wiggles eyebrows* I can point to numerous fanfic writers, including myself, who can learn a thing or two about that. Delete, delete, delete, writers!

Anyway thanks for sharing and giving me the giggles. Hemingway writing Tomione is just so ...

Yep, I'm omitting the obvious there. ;)
miza chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
wow, we never did study english to this degree. Hemingway? I love your stories but I couldn't understand this one ... T_T
cretaceous chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
I love this. I really do. Hemingway is my very favourite author and this was just lovely.
Zombie Reine chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Sweet mother Mary and Joseph.

Well this was certainly an 'interesting' Easter treat. xP
chrissytingting chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
It's such a coincidence that I just studied Hemingway in English class last term! My teacher made us write our own short stories in the style of Hemingway–– one of the best prompts I've ever gotten :D

Anyhow, onto your story. I thought that you captured Hemingway's style rather well–– the short, choppy sentences, the lack of description. I think that you put a bit more setting description than Hem usually does, but, all the same, good job.

I also like what you did with the rain and the setting–– it really ties into the storyline. Also, it did take some thinking to fully understand the story, which is exactly what Hem does to his readers.

Great story!