Reviews for Murdercycle
Terry chapter 1 . 12/3/2015
This is a wonderful Caskett moment.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
I love this ! I hate Castle on these episodes, I always thought his reaction was stupid, he was childish, immature and cruel. And at the end, I didn't feel bad for him at all.
xJacquii chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
Great fic!
lipamo chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
Oh man, I guess I've already written this in here, but I just loove Murdercycle. It's freaking good I have to repeat and to repeat it. I've read this little beautiful single chapter now lots of times and I have no problem with the repetition. Don't know why, that's not always my thing, only with your stuff. Please, if you ever publish, let me buy it. Guess i should take a look on your website... I'd be thrilled!
LewisInNC chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
What is with you putting these characters in the hospital all the time?! :)

This was a great little story. Glad they could clear the air a bit. Castle was such a dick after 47 Seconds.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
You are such a good writer. The moments you created are so soft and sweet, they are really nice.
MorningAngel9 chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
This was great. Loved the way you handled the situation. :)
anon chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS STORY.
nixer chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
This is lovely - but too short! I always need my fluff with a dose of angst and you don't write enough of it.

I hated this post-47 seconds arc, because it was such a paltry device taken from the stack of cliche devices just to drag out the agony and I really felt it was character-inconsistent. I was a disservice to Castle's character. If he heard I thought he'd be hurt and confront Beckett about it. I didn't think he'd leap to the ridiculous conclusion that she didn't feel the same way and even if he did I didn't think he'd somehow think it was ok to act like a jerk for weeks. That kind of behaviour is beneath him. And as you pointed out here - he seemed to understand the conversation on the swings which I considered pretty clear.

Anyway, you wrote all the flaws and stupidity very well here, and I thought the references to Beckett's fear of being alone, in pain, in a hospital again were very good.
WhatKBsaid chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
this is like the 5th time i read this emma! great job! luv it!
SparkleMouse chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Shouldn't start this. Gonna have to leave work. You don't care. Okay, moving on.

Then yesterday he came walking in with an enormous shiner, boasting to the boys, who, for the record, found it about as manly and awesome as she did. But he pranced off with his new pal—new partner?—and left them there to solve their own case. - Poor Kate. Thank god those days are over.

all that separates him from her is a flimsy pile of gauze, and whatever chasm has grown between them - Love that.

Oh, she's attached to an IV. Cool, cool. - LOL. That made me smile.

She tries to smile, but that means her father won't be coming, and they're in the middle of a case. Lanie can't be there. Javi and Kevin have to finish her case. And Castle—Castle has Slaughter now.- Stoppppp. It's so sad.

He doesn't want to look at her anyway; he shouldn't see her like this. If he's really leaving her, she wants him to remember the strong Beckett, the Nikki Heat he met that first case—whatever he saw that made him follow her, stand by her, work with her for four years. That's what she wants him to remember. Not this messy, broken, burning woman who can't stop moaning in a hospital bed. - Seriously, Emma. MEAN. I miss the last one. Kidding. I love this. Still sad though.

She gasps at his proximity mixed with the pain, at the warmth of his hand, so solid on her hip, anchoring her to something other than the pervasive burning that's everywhere. - He should rub some lotion/aloe on her to make her feel better. Ooooh soothing.

"No," she whispers. No more morphine. She's had enough to last her a lifetime. - I love that you keep bringing her back to the shooting and the desperation.

"Deserve?" he mutters, eyes glinting strangely as he takes a step back to her, fingers leaving the door knob. "You want to talk about decency here?"

"Decency?" she scoffs around the dryness of her throat, the ache in her stomach that has as much to do with him as the broken rib and bruising. "You mean more than throwing out four years of partnership for a shiny toy?" - NOOOOOOOOO. (Clearly they end up fine but it hurtssss.)

He rocks on his feet, like her words physically blow him over. But he shifts back, and she's never, ever seen his face harden like that. "Oh, is this about keeping secrets?" he hisses, and it's like a chill falls over the room. "You wanna talk about keeping secrets, Beckett?" - Ahhhhh it's about to blow! (That sounds dirty.)

"Castle," she lets out, low and plaintive.

It throws him, she'll give herself that. "There you go," he says, and the triumph she hears doesn't sound the way she's sure he meant it to. "Took you long enough." - OMG. There is something about that that I love so much.

"What good would it have done?" he tosses back. "You can't even say it now. I got out with what's left of my pride. Forgive me for not doing it well enough to protect your fragile sensibilities."

"Your pride?" she repeats. "That's what four years amount to for you? Your freaking pride?" - SUCH. A. GOOD. FIGHT!

"Stop moving," he says, angry but still too—too what, in love with her - I don't really have coherent words but I need to highlight. I love that he breaks up the fight to tell her. It to move because he's concerned but angry but so in love. You're writing it so flawlessly.

She works her jaw, breath shallow, because this is her moment, in a damn hospital bed. This is the moment she's waited for, and now that it's here, how can she ever make that up to him? "So, of all the possible conclusions you could have drawn, you went straight to doesn't feel the same way?" she asks, watching as his eyes snap back to hers, wider than normal. - My heart is so clenchy.

It sort of sounds like she broke him, broke him by trying to put herself back together. If he weren't so hurt, he'd appreciate the irony of it. One of them should - Genius.

"You know, the day before that interrogation, I was going to ask you to dinner," she says, and it sounds random to her too. He blinks, startled, and meets her eyes. "I wanted to tell you." - I'm SO happy you're broaching this.

"Rapidly feeling like an idiot," he says. "A jerky idiot." - I have so much love for this. And you right now.

"And if I tried to think about it, I had a panic attack, since it kind of brought back the whole shot in the chest thing - I LOVE that reasoning. Damn.

She ploughs forward. "Then I just wanted to be better," she says quietly. "I wanted to break down the wall, I wanted to be whole for this." He pales further and she wonders if it's regret or hurt. "And then the wall stopped being about my mother's case at all," she says softly, watching as his head snaps up. "And now I just don't want—I can't let my problems stop me from living, and I'm not there yet, but I'm…here." - This is just so brilliantly done. Truly.

"I really want to hug you right now," he says, breaking them out of their contended silence. She laughs and nods, wincing. "Can I get you something instead? Meds in place of me?" - I just can't. I wanna hug YOU right now because of his great this is. (And Castle. Always Castle.)

Maybe they call fall head over heels, in sheets and pillows and coffee. - Hearts.

This was so so great. I know what I'll be doing in my spare moments this weekend (my book is not happy.)
someheartslove chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Oh my, this is so wonderful. I avoided this because of spoilers and just realized I haven't read it. Oh man, so so beautiful. I love it how she just wanted him near, how she wanted him close and there over the night, but she didn't say it. And she was angry and hurt and just wanted him to feel it, to see how bad he's making her. Oh. And when she realized what it all was about, when she told him everything I love it how he was so calm and how he had regret written all over him... 'I really want to hug your right now' part was amazing. So honest and full of love and regret for lost time.

Ah. I hope one day you write a story about them on a bike.

Love, love, love it.
spencemonroe chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Great interpretation of how that arc could've gone. Well done.
keal chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
This was fantastic! I think this is the best version of the inevitable conversation I've read yet.
teelduo chapter 1 . 4/20/2012