Reviews for Total Drama Underdogs
nyanyanya22 chapter 9 . 3/18
Yeah, Owen would have lost that fight it hadn't been for Beth
cosmickyla chapter 1 . 2/15
Okay, so you know you're my favourite-est ever and we're married and all that jazz, but this review may be kinda mean, and not even mean to you because I know you've grown as a writer since this started five freakin years ago.

I'm gonna start of with the negatives, because I'm a mean ass person. All in all, this chapter... wasn't very good. It was mainly dialogue with not a lot of description to it. It's like a taco, and you got the meat for the taco, but the shell just crumbled on some dusty shit and now you just have meat in your hand. And like, you can still eat the meat and enjoy it, but there's not much structure to it.

Next, again, it's a 2012 story, and I don't think anyone had spectacular spelling and grammar and word choice in 2012, so I'm not even gonna say that.

The final negative is that I feel like Zeke was too quick to see the error of his ways. I would've thought it'd be more out of fear he wouldn't share the views then than actually out of just Harold being all "yo, das bad mang", ya feel?

BUT I do love the characterisation, particularly of Eva, Zeke and Harold.

So, all in all, not really a positive review, but y'know, shit gets better and I know this has gotten better.

Love, Bae
richboylion chapter 4 . 1/23
why was eva on the screaming gophers side anyway?
Wesley chapter 25 . 1/9
Dude, thx for this. I always felt Ezekiel is underappreciated. He is my fav with Harold following. And I HATE that he turns Into "Gollum" in tdwt, so this would prevent him from becoming that if ya were to write that down. I started reading this thing recently, and so I only have to wait one chapter, and Keep up the good work!
Explorer of the Unknown chapter 25 . 12/28/2016
Okay, where should I begin with this review...First off, allow me to say that this has been a very interesting take on the first season, very well written too. I've been reading this for quite a while but kept forgetting to leave reviews for each chapter. (He's just making lame excuses!) I am not! Anyway, I have no problem with Eva or Zeke taking first prize but if I had to narrow it down to just one choice, I'd say I'm rooting for Zeke. This story has been one of the best featuring the little dude who can always use more love from the fandom. But like I said, I'm cool with him or Eva winning the whole thing. I also checked out that preview of Personality Swapped Island earlier today and I must say, some of the characters are so much more funny as a result, particularly Noah. There's not even an official chapter for it out yet and you've already got me shipping Trent and Heather for some strange reason. (Trent and Heather, what is wrong with him?) Knock that off! And the concept of Battle of the Generations also strikes me as intriguing, given who you've chosen for the cast. Seriously, all of those campers, except for Dave and Amy, deserve a lot more love than they're typically given and I think you're more than up to the task. Finally here's the part where I shamelessly self-promote my own work; if you ever have the time, I'd really like to know what you think of my story: Total Drama Once Again!, a work that I hope to have updated at least once more before the year is out. I appreciate all of the feedback I receive and I'd really like to know what you, as a good writer with much experience, thinks of it. If it doesn't turn out to be your cup of tea, I fully respect that. To conclude, I am looking forward to your finale as well as your future works and apologize for not reviewing until now. Stay frosty!
Hideki Sohma chapter 25 . 11/23/2016
This has by far been my favorite TDI fanfic ever, and I really really do wish it was how it actually went in canon. I am actually a little sad I cant see this animated. (although a radioplay of this would absolutely fantastic) When it comes to who wins, I hope we get the two different endings. Although, if we didnt, Id say that Ezekiel has to win. He just deserves it more. Been following this for years and it is great to see it finally start to wrap up. So excited to read the final chapter. Thank you for the hours of great reading and I look forward to hearing from everyone in this story one more time.
WDCain Man chapter 25 . 11/14/2016
"Why? Because she's Courtney."

That made me laugh. I don't remember if episode 24 was a recap but regardless this was a good one. I smiled at Zeke wanting to spend more time with Beth though the real meat of this chapter was in the author's notes and they were really interesting, more-so than the main story. I'm bummed out your not doing the free-for-all for the million dollars since you could have given everyone some closure like Cody truly winning Heather or DJ and Sadie being reunited but I see where every still goes via your ideas. If there was one flaw with your story, I wish you went with your idea and have had Noah be the main villain. Heck, he could have been behind Duncan becoming so petty by needling him by dropping hints that he was going soft like what happened in All-Stars (I know it's the worst season but that was a smart idea).

I really liked how the Underdogs AU would have continued throughout the other shows even though they were just short synopsis on why each person was eliminated, I could easily imagine how everything would play out. I like that Duncan and Eva sort of patch things up in TDA. That's how Action should have been, giving the unused characters more time in the spotlit and the ones that had moved into a new direction instead of rehashing everything as a comedy like we got. Heather's manipulation in your pitch is frankly brilliant as it's all behind-the-scenes whereas in TDI she was just a mean-girl bully who was lucky she didn't get voted off earlier. Scott had all the appeal of a rusty nail but he was crafty in his villainy.

By the way, Cody's elimination during your TDA is so harsh. Heather just BREAKS him! Noah's eventual victory is only the sweeter.

Your TDWT Underdogs pitch is interesting just because it gives Tylor a real role. He's the only male from season 1 to never been expanded upon.

I like your RotI AU features Cameron being more aggressive early on. My big problem with that season was how predictable it was. After the initial episode where everyone was introduced, I was able to map out how everyone's story-archs would go for the entire run and barring how quick Sam and Dakota hooked up, I was 100% right!

I also find your idea for All-Stars to be vastly superior to the original. That season was such a train-wreck so anything different would be an improvement (I love that you bring back Brick).

I really like your Personality Swap story idea. I've read fanfics where it's Duncan who's the reserved student and Courtney the delinquent but taking this idea to the max but letting them keep their skills could work. I can totally see Courtney being all badgirl but have Chris show off her grade-school photos and have the other contestants laugh when they learn she was big in gymnastics (remember how she acted during the bank heist episode?) Duncan displayed a lot of skills during the show so even with a know-it-all attitude, I can see him going far. Heather with a reserved personality like Zoey would be interesting. Most fanfics show Heather growing up to a Psychiatrist or manipulating politician due to her lying skills but seeing her be all quiet but having amazing insight into other people but too meek to act on them would be an interesting take. I don't see Gwen lasting long since besides poetry, I don't recall seeing any other skills besides determination. I'm really curious where you'll take this story to.

I'm flattered I was able to help you any and you are welcome for the thanks. Your story was a joy to read and for me to help make suggestions to. Thanks for taking them into consideration.
bejdndn chapter 25 . 10/27/2016
all your future projects sound super cool! and id love to read total drama haunted mansion!
the preview of personality swapped island was awesome!
NerdyNightStocker chapter 25 . 10/26/2016
This rundown was far less boring than the one in canon. I like that you took the effort to make audition tapes for Gwen and Owen (his in particular provided good foreshadowing for his appropriate elimination). The sneak peek for the finale was also interesting and doesn't overly favor one finalist over the other. I'm rooting for Eva more than Zeke but wouldn't mind if he wins instead.

Thanks for the shoutout! Each chapter is always worth the wait! The outlines for the future seasons were fun and I liked imagining the various scenarios like a more prolonged DuncNey, Noah winning TDA, Sierra's alternate elimination in TDWT, The handling of Trent's breakdown, the more suitable finalists for TDROTI, the Eva/Brick relationship, etc.

I'm definitely excited for the conclusion of this story as well as the continuation of Level Up! Out of the possible future works, I love the concepts of Revenge of The Rejects and Battle of The Generations the most while Personality Swapped could be good in theory (it depends on finding enough differing personalities to swap). I wouldn't mind reading TDHM but can understand why it hasn't been receiving much attention...

I'm looking forward to the long awaited end to this awesome TDI adaptation!
Keno9988 chapter 1 . 10/24/2016
oh boy i'm so hype for the finale

i remember when i first read this story back when it was, like, at after the dock of shame, and boy howdy, you bet i binge-read this whole thing. the see it ending really soon is saddening, tho, but i'm sure you got plenty of real good stories coming down the pipeline :
Gage the Hedgehog chapter 25 . 10/24/2016
Nice chapter. Never expect anything to be ran down like that.
Gage the Hedgehog chapter 25 . 10/24/2016
Nice chapter. Never expect anything to be ran down like that.
Ander Arias chapter 25 . 10/24/2016
Man, I totally forgot about this story. Guess that I stopped reading when things didn't go the went I would have liked, but I kept reading where I left and you finally got rid of Duncan. Yeah, guess that it's not a good idea make a villain out of somebody you hate, since it was painful to read him.

You're welcome for the TVTropes page.

I'll be eagerly waiting for the finale. I like both Eva and Zeke, so I'll be happy regardless of who wins.
Knifez chapter 25 . 10/24/2016
Best A/N ever!

Dude the thought that went into this was WELL worth the wait! I could totally see everything you said happen in-universe and it really blew me away. Superbly done! Also yay Noah won a season!

I'm excited that TDLU will be getting more updates hopefully, I love that story!

But man, I can't believe it's so close to over. I remember the day you re updated this after "if you can't take the heat" because my jaw dropped. It was like one of the four out of twenty stories I stil followed after a year of no updates because I knew if it ever did come back I would wanna read it for sure.

I'll save most of my thoughts for the final review but it's good to see you updating man. I missed your stuff. Also thanks for the shoutout, you da bomb!
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 25 . 10/23/2016
Hey, this is just too good. Thanks for this extra chapter, and cool detail about the possible timeline for this 'Drama-verse', with the potential winners and all. Yeah, I agree that Heather would be able to win at least one season, and even if Eva doesn't get to keep the money, she'd definitely impress any trainer with her physical capacities and get a sportive scholarship.

Also, thanks for the special thanks. You're very welcome.

keep the good writing.