Reviews for Stranger in a Strange Land
threeblueribbons chapter 24 . 11/9/2018
Wait is this story abandoned?! How could you? Please come back and finish it, you are so close!
ThatGirlLovesMages16 chapter 1 . 6/23/2016
I really loove this story! one of my favourites now. Great writing. Looking forward for an update
PD: sorry for my English
dovahseahrol chapter 24 . 4/11/2016
So...I just binge read the story and my only response is: wow. On the other hand, my observation of the update times tells me that this story is most likely abandoned, and that leaves my heart as cold as Farengar's.

I don't even do romance, and this is easily the best Farengar fic on the site. And what makes it good is that it is romance *done right* for a change, on many levels, the most important being that it stays true to the characters. Lyn is such a well written, believeavle OC instead of some OP Mary Sue, or poorly written self insert. Reading her growth and development has been amazing - through her time with Arcadia, her first kills, Namira, and our favourite, deaf mangy mutt. It wasn't some boring unrealistic spiel about developing and changing solely for the sake of love, which is typically the way things go.

Farengar, well what can I say? You have him down pat. Details that you have constructed for his character are better than anything I could have ever imagined. It is great seeing him in-character throughout: cold and calculating, but as time passes, by no means uncaring. Practical, yet honorable. But he remains indisputably Farengar with all his flaws and also his good qualities. Doesn't turn into some lovesick man driven by his hormones, and instead is able to firmly deny her as only Farengar would (whereas others would set up such situations for him to give in or whatever after the 'tension' becomes unbearable).

Also, despite their overall differences in nature, Farengar and Lynette are surprisingly compatible, and well set up to be so, *especially* as she matures. He is exactly the sort of man who wouldn't be overtly bothered by his spouse being off adventuring and doing God knows what - would probably be proud of it rather than insecure over it. Although not completely evident, Lyn has that adventurous and freedom loving spirit which would ultimately feel secure but not shackled under his guidance and maturity. It seems like a typical bond between an older man and a younger woman, but it is in that capacity that both can function as comfortable equals to one another, and written well, there is absolutely nothig wrong with that, and it is excellently portrayed here.

P.S. please finish this?
Kraehenhexe chapter 24 . 6/27/2015
There are only a handful of stories I have read that entice the reader as this one does. Soul ecstasy is so difficult to write, but you aced this smut scene with flying colours. I personally don't mind this being the final chapter; it's abrupt but fitting, albeit awkwardly. If you do plan on posting more chapters, be certain I will be reading and enjoying it!
Kraehenhexe
Seraph Silver chapter 24 . 2/26/2015
This is soooo good, I'm on the edge of my seat here! :D Can't wait to read the next chapter!
TalosBeWithYou chapter 24 . 11/15/2014
Wheres the next chapter?:o write moreeeeeee
MissDelight chapter 24 . 7/21/2014
Oh TALOS the CLIFFHANGER. NGHHHHH!
MissDelight chapter 23 . 7/21/2014
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! And now I'm in tears. TEARS! Oh, what this story does to me! *bawls*
SunaFett chapter 24 . 6/26/2014
Hello, I'm sorry I haven't gotten a chance to write a review for your fantastic story, although I do read every chapter that comes out. I'm so impressed with your improvements and writing all together, I only hope I can be a fabulous writer like you one day. I hope you remember me (Maybe even just a little?) and I just wanted to say I really do think your writing will only get better and soon enough, I'll be buying a book written by you :) Thank you for writing this, I look forward to more in the future!

-SaySay
Lilypad125 chapter 24 . 6/9/2014
OMG I love this story! I love how the main character changes and grows as a person. A timid awkward clumsy liar but somehow very honest. She is indeed a terrible liar but at least she is willing to admit the truth and try to be a better person. Though I am confused about whether or not she freed herself from Namira's hold ( I hated that quest, first time I did it I killed Eola but when someone told me I needed the ring to get an achievement on the game, I completed it). I sincerely hope she freed herself.
fullmetaloser chapter 24 . 6/4/2014
Omg, sorry for not reviewing in a while... Finals at school were really stressing. _

Anyhow, really good chapter. Can't wait till, the next one, like always. :D
Valentine03 chapter 24 . 6/4/2014
Damn, I feel a little depressed now, but I still think this story is beautiful and how you transformed her emotions and character growth was quite the journey for myself to follow. There is a certain charm about how not all stories can always get a happy one and that just makes us treasure the ones that can be and to also inspire us to feel for the sad ones as well...

Thanks for writing something so wonderful. :P
GangstaHamsta chapter 24 . 6/4/2014
This was pure art! Honey, your mind is full of wondrous imaginations! Honestly, only one time in my life have I ever shipped a canon character with an OC (and I've read A LOT of such fanfics) and here it is... You brought back the feeling, lol! I literally exploded with feels when she kissed him the first time (well the second time, when they were in his quarters, lol). And her character... has a personality, has depth, quirks, flaws, good qualities of her own and everything a character needs to be liked (unlike so many other OC's out there). Even though I'm heart-broken after the last chapter, I'll shall not lose faith they'll find each other again! I just really hope you don't intend this to be a tragic love story... my heart can't take those! (;-;)

I really loved how you wrote Vilkas in this story. Perfectly in character. I've read many fic's with about Vilkas x OC(Dragonborn) and they never managed to keep him in character. Though he IS describes as a hot-tempered man, lol. But meh, I like this one better, I really loved how you wrote him! :D

And awww, Folkvar! Man, my heart was pounding fast when I read the part where the wolves attacked him. Thank you SO much Lynette for rescuing him in time! Poor puppy! I almost cried! And I was so sad when I found out he's deaf. Poor little puppy! *Hugs Folkvar*

I also really appreciate how you made her SLOWLY seep into the arts of magic. How she didn't even know how to control Magicka. And by the Nine, I could of never come up with the idea about two people sharing Magicka, and better yet - are linked that way! That was so creative on your part! The moment I found out Lynette and Farengar were linked, I knew that confidence Lynetter felt at that little cannibal incident was Farengar!

Hm, may I say, our characters are quite a like. Mine's a Breton too, but she's from High Rock. She's somewhat an Alchemist as well. She used to be a mage, but then I decided I wanted to make her a rogue, lol, because I had a more dramatic story for it. And she also met a dog, but an already existing one - Meeko (I'm sure you know him, lol). And much more. xD

Well anyway, I'm really looking forward to the update! I'm really hyped about Lynette's adventures, development, her mage studies, her experiences, how well she grasps the arts of magic, her insight of the collage and, of course, how the relationship between her and Farengar will work out! I ship them so much! I'm also quite a fan of love triangles so I enjoy that little Farengar x Lynette x Vilkas thing going on. I just hope if you intend to continue it, Farengar will be endgame, lol.

Sorry for the long review, by the way! I tend to blabber a lot when I'm hyped, lol! Best of luck to you and your story!
sansviolet chapter 24 . 6/3/2014
My poor heart! (And Lynette's. Hers, too.)

Damn, girl. You know how to write those FEELS.

Can't wait for more.
Pint-sized She-Bear chapter 19 . 6/2/2014
Heck of a fight :) on to the next chapter. Work has kept me from reading.