Reviews for Solace
vilevillain chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
OMG I'm in love with this story! It should not be your last Shield fic, you did an amazing job!
Sth10 chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
I loved this! Such a shame you haven't had more reviewed. Beautifully written and very true to the characters, particularly Shane's 'Southern comfort'. Could easily see this happening in an episode. Great job!
PacketOfFries chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
It feels like im actually watching the show XD
Verda Napoli chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Can't believe it's taken me this long to get here!

I know this is Lem/OC but I must admit my favorite interactions were between the canon characters. Vic teasing Dutch was something I couldn't get enough of on the show. It was so in character that I could hear him saying 'the big boy cops are here now' in my head. Dutch, as usual, is shown to be such a wimp in the eyes of an alpha male like Mackey. Not saying he's a weak character overall, but he's definitely the whipping boy and you've shown that here. And I had such a fist pumping 'yes' moment at the line about 'subtle' not being a word in Shane's vocab.

And Lem, my #1 TV husband(let me not even get started with how obsessed I was/am. The cops would probably track me down&bring me to the funny farm), he's such a thoughtful, loyal guy. He's got the biggest heart so of course shooting a kid would weigh heavily on him. I like the bit about him not being the man to let anyone else 'shoulder his woes'. (Taking the rap for the whole team, even with Antoine's threat looming over him anyone?) This Layla is a good match for him. She sort of tricks him (with coffee and music) into feeling better. And of course, Lem's got moves;) (At least in my dreams and now in this fic)

Loved the subtle, 1950's movie style kiss at the end. So much hotter than a description of a full on makeout sesh.

Absolutely fantastic! Would love to read more about these two.
Bellicose chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Awh, I really liked this. It was a nice look into both the badass and the soft side of Lem. If this isn't the story you were planning, I'm excited to see what else you're coming up with. :)
luckyj525 chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Aaaw I liked this! Poor bb Lem, he needs a good woman to...soothe...him ;)

Also, I really liked the way you wrote Shane.
MulishaMaiden chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Just watched that exact episode the other day! Kind of funny. Anyways I liked how you did this, exploring Lem's feelings after having shot Jeremy, and incorporating Layla in through a previous case. I didn't find it very songfic like, so don't worry about it. The song just played a slight role wasn't for the whole thing. I hope this isn't your last Shield fic because Lem is such a great character, and just with this one shot alone you could do a whole multi-chapter fic. This would be a very good one too, starting it with the case they met Layla. Great work hope to see something more!

-Brittany