Reviews for Perhaps Love
DigiTaka chapter 7 . 4/17/2013
Awesome fic! Good job with the writing. I really enjoyed it!
iIndefiniteReader chapter 7 . 12/5/2012
one of the sweetest fanfiction I've ever read :') immediately went to my faves list :D
Inali Grimalkin chapter 8 . 10/21/2012
I loved this story, the round about explanation was great and it felt very realistic to me. I really thought they weren't going to be together by the end of it because you did so well exploring why they wouldn't work as a couple. This is the best T.K./Kari fic I've ever read
FireEdge chapter 8 . 10/19/2012
Wow, what a fantastic story. I've recently gotten back into rewatching the series, and Takeru and Hikari are still one of my favourite couples. Like you, I definitely like to think that they simply had extraneous reasons for not standing beside each other in the picture and that they're actually still together. However, I always did think that the typical idea that they got together because of their special chosen status was a bit farfetched, and like to think that this was simply the backdrop to their having a relationship. I loved how you worked this out and how you played off that stereotype and made such a realistic story. There were definitely the cheesy 'soap opera' moments, but sometimes people have to realize that soap operas and dramas ARE based on real life... though real life doesn't always mash together quite so many coincidences at once. In my view, what happened between Takeru and Hikari in your story was completely plausible and made sense. It fits with their personalities, and I did think that he parallel drawn through Takeru's writing career was a great plot device to show that to the readers. Either way, this was a wonderful read and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish!
Vanitas Caelum chapter 8 . 9/28/2012
this is a very nice story. you conveyed their feelings and character well (although i cant guarantee my opinion about the in-character-ness since i watched the series ages ago). and for your question about the japanese character that means "light" (i cant write kanji on my derelict desktop, im sorry) "hikari" and "kou" are alternate readings. "Hikari" is kun'yomi (indigenous japanese pronounciation) while "kou" is on'yomi (corrupted/ middle chinese pronounciation). why there are 2 readings is because japanese characters are actually borrowed (kanji) or developed (kana) from chinese characters, and the maadarin pronounciation for the "light" character is "guang", cantonese is "kong" and hokkien is "ko". see the similiarities?
Squit Ayumin chapter 8 . 9/24/2012
I joined this site in 2003, and I can say with absolute confidence that this is the best fanfic I have ever read. I am just so blown away by every aspect of this. The way you have portrayed Takeru, Hikari and the secondary characters-everything is spot-on. It's so rare to find someone who has such a firm grasp of the characters, as well as possess the true writing skills to make something of it. I've read some phenomenal stories on this site over the years, but yours is the only one that makes a truly convincing attempt at being an extension of the series. You kept it realistic, explored the characters' flaws, even incorporated the Digimon! This is the story I've been looking for since that abominable 02 epilogue. I love it so, so, so much. I can't even describe it, which is a tragedy because I have not felt so strongly about a fanfic in quite some time. How gifted you are, and what a privilege it was to have discovered such a story! You've done my favourite couple so much justice, and I just want the whole world to read this. It's perfect.

(Oh, and even though it was barely a paragraph, my heart clenched reading that small Taiora part in Chapter 6. Whatever your preference may be, that was another major 02 epilogue injustice for me.)
reading things chapter 8 . 9/21/2012
You mentioned you cradled this story for 5 years. I really appreciate the time and effort you took with it because it sincerely shows in the final product.

This story is so beautifully written and I really believe your characterizations were spot on. You succeeded in steering them into their future incarnations in a way that seems very organic and true to their original personalities they displayed in the show.

I especially love how you cleverly tied 02s original (very vague and disappointing -I was a die hard once upon a time) ending with your interpretation. I personally prefer yours and am in the process of rebooting my mind to believe your story is actually what happened.

I'm so glad I decided to venture back to this site after all these years. You've inspired me to finish a story that's been sitting idly for years in my hard drive.

Cheers. Keep up the stellar work. I am a fan.
A reader chapter 7 . 9/21/2012
You just wrote the story I've always wanted to write.
Takerus Lost Angel chapter 8 . 8/9/2012
An absolutely beautifully crafted story. It is not very often that you come across such a captivating and enriching story. Great work, keep writing.
TLA
Kal-El Fornia chapter 8 . 7/30/2012
Hmmm, that wasn't the type of ending that I expected to see upon reading the rest of the story.

Oddly, it seemed to fit.

It's this story that reminds me that there are plenty of other great ones that are on this site, something which is kind of hard to remember when you see all the lackluster stories being put up. this gem of a piece has given me hope that, yeah, there are still stories that are being created on this site everyday that is worth our reading them. Thanks for that.

Keep writing and stay safe,

Leon
Sweet Cari chapter 8 . 7/21/2012
Wow! This is one of the most realistic Takari fics I have ever read! Great work!
Solastice chapter 8 . 7/21/2012
Now that your story is finished, I can fully express my thoughts.

This a truly beautiful story with a very different atmosphere and tone from "Once," but both are incredibly moving. Without going back and reading them, I can recall vividly exactly what the characters were doing in those 3 pivotal scenes you described. This is a tremendous accomplishment. Few writers, professional or otherwise, can claim such prowess. If I had to pick, the chapter 3 "hate" scene is my favorite, the chapter 7 scenes (both the interview and "the world can wait") are very close runner-ups, but the chapter 5 scene is amazing too.

The best dramas, like MacBeth or Oedipus Rex, are character-driven rather than event driven (although character event can work as well too, it's just plots that are solely event driven are usually uninteresting). I am happy that you wrote their initial breakup as a consequence of flaws of their character. You did a good job of showing (rather than telling) the reader what those flaws are, as long the reader is careful. Neither character is blameless, yet I can also sympathize with both of them. Furthermore, you nail all the key scenes, and the characters (even ones who have short speaking lines) and their interactions with one another feel true to the Japanese version of the anime. I still remember the lines you wrote for Mimi and Miyako in your previous story and this one. I suspect you could write amazing stories for them if you wanted.

That said, I have a tiny bit of constructive criticism, if you should decide and go back to revise your story in the future. Some of Hikari's interactions with Tailmon feel a bit off, especially in the early chapters. I think Tailmon would be very upset at first, but in the end she'd support Hikari no matter what. It'd be nice to have a heart-to-heart speech between Hikari and Tailmon. (Perhaps this could even be a short story?)

My last wish is if you could write the neutral version of your story to complete your trilogy. I would love to see how this love story could play out in three ways and to be able see the differences. If you could complete this, it wouldn't just be fanfiction anymore. It'd be a literary project. It’d be the "Rashomon" of Takari stories.

So, in conclusion, these lines of yours will stay with me:

"light of my life"

"the world can wait"
jerrbear16 chapter 8 . 7/21/2012
I loved this story too. You're a great author and I hope you have more great stories coming.
KHLostEmpress chapter 8 . 7/20/2012
I don't care what you think about it...I loved it! ;)

I follow your line of reasoning quite well and really enjoyed your story. While a little bummed out that we didn't get to see what Tai's reaction to this new plot advancement to his sister's love life, I still really liked how your ended with the epilogue.
AxelDrake chapter 8 . 7/20/2012
*clap* That was a wonderful wrap up. And really, using 7 chapters to get to one scene isn't unreasonable. Many stories do that. That's pretty much what a story is, and I like how you did it. I hope you put out more positive Takari fics in the future.
87 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »