Reviews for Perhaps Love
Kal-El Fornia chapter 2 . 5/3/2012
It's official, this story is better than any of the crap I've ever written. I don't know what it is about this chapter, this whole piece in what, but I'm moved. I hate to say that, but at the moment I lack the words to put more prose into how I feel poetically. I want to just gush and gush about this story, but I won't since that wouldn't really do it justice.

This is great, and I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us. Superb.
Solastice chapter 2 . 4/28/2012
Another disclaimer: I went back to read and reread the airport scene from "Once Upon a Fairy Tale." That scene is so beautifully written, so amazingly moving, so perfectly bittersweet, that I am still left in awe despite having read it about five times. You've set the bar incredibly high that I can't help but compare your current writing to that scene. So with that said, if the airport scene is a A, this chapter is still an A.

The main thing I'm a bit iffy about is Tailmon's reaction. It's a complicated topic, but I think that while Tailmon may not understand Hikari's action, and that Tailmon may be very upset, but as Hikari's partner she would be a bit more understanding, or at least less snarky. It's hard to write or even think about, because there's no obvious answer. Miyako's and Taichi's reactions, by contrast, are a lot more natural and completely in character.

Something about Hikari's interactions with Tailmon just seemed a bit off. I don't expect Tailmon to be completely supportive, but I do expect her to be less judgmental. Tailmon has always been the more "adult/grownup" of the Children's partners. Maybe your intention is that Tailmon just needs some time to adjust. It might be nice to read a scene in a future chapter where Tailmon and Hikari talks and Tailmon at least comes around to accept Hikari's decision, but not agree with it.

I also expected Takeru's copy editor to comment on the overuse of the word "glow," but I guess in theory the prose is translated from Japanese, so maybe that's not a problem.

One thing I've always wanted to read was a scene with Hikari and a character who comes to understand and not pass judgment on her actions. I think only Sora or Mimi are viable candidates for such a scene.

And then I get to last scene in this chapter, and it is perfect. Phrases like "liberating rage, "her eyes are oddly bright," what more need be said?
Valechan92 chapter 2 . 4/28/2012
Takeru in the anime has always proved to be a fighter, why he's giving up now? this is all so sad, he can read her emotions but still doesn't do anything about it, while kari seems to be oblivious to everything that he's feeling! you're making me think that she's not deserving his love, and i don't want to think thaaat ç.ç (sad fangirl) I can't wait to read the next one, i could really use some strong reaction from Takeru at the party! even if kari should reject him, it would give my little fangirl-heart some hope! AND some action, or i swear i'm gonna cry if the next chapter is as sad as this one!

I hope you'll update soon )
KHLostEmpress chapter 2 . 4/27/2012
OMG, I don't know whether to cry for them or smack them both upside the head! I should probably do both!

I totally agree with both Taichi and Gatomon. Seriously, I just want to be all "Takeru, *tell* her, prove to her how much you love her!" and "Hikari, jump to conclusions much?"

They are both being ridiculous!
Azurerin chapter 2 . 4/27/2012
In my opinion, this story is very realistic, both Takeru and Hikari are in character, I also felt like sometimes they're kind of hard with words, which might made them ended up like this.. But I really hope for a happy end though. I'll be Looking forward to the next chapter.
Kal-El Fornia chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
So, here I am sitting with my laptop in my lap unsure of what to say about this story, unsure what I could say.

It...it is different than a lot of what I've come to expect out of the digimon fandom. This is raw, it has that sort of doomed ambiance to it, it has me in thought wondering how I feel about and conflicted in what I see.

Few stories go the route or the story line that you have set up, and I say bravo. Truly, this is a well-written piece that I can easily see as deserving as one of the better digimon stories that I've seen.

You've set up complexities, you've gotten me intrigued, and here I wait wishing that you're going to wow me. Knowing that you are if this first chapter is anything to go by.
Solastice chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Aaargh, "TBC"! I have to know what happens next! But before I review the story...

A long time ago I read a story where Miyako commented that she didn't know whether Hikari ought to date Daisuke or Takeru, and maybe she should just string both of them along for a while. That line stuck with me, and while I used to just love having Hikari and Takeru get together, the more I think about it, the more truth I see in that comment. Daisuke, whatever his faults, is gregarious and passionate. Takeru, whatever his virtues, is very private. Of course the master of putting up walls is Yamato, but it's only natural that both Ishidas share that element. Maybe it's genetic, maybe it's a result of their parents' divorce.

What especially impresses me about this story is the inevitability of Hikari and Takeru's breakup. This is not because of outside circumstances, not because of some chance event, but because of their inherent character, of who they are.

In comparison with your first story, it seems Takeru has a habit of saying just the wrong thing at the wrong time. But he could have recovered from his mistakes, if he really wanted to. If he did something spontaneous in Once Upon a Time, or if he showed some passion in this story. Yet he can't bring himself to do so, even though this marriage means everything to him.

I also like how this story seems to place the blame initially on Hikari, yet as I read on I agree that her complaints are legitimate. It's rare that an author can write a breakup where both parties share the blame, yet both are also sympathetic.

Perhaps one day you might decide to write a story where Hikari strings along Takeru and Daisuke for a while. Hikari has to choose between bland "good guy" Takeru, or the unpredictable "bad boy" Daisuke. I can now see her choosing Daisuke. Perhaps my words skew too much in favor of Daisuke, any such story should be more balanced. I have never read a good Dakari, but I think there's potential for an amazing story in there.
TogetherAgain chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
This has a very sad story line but well done . I just don't understand why he thinks being hidden is the best way.. Please update soon
Valechan92 chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
I like your idea a lot and i can't wait to see a bit of takari lve causw it's true that they're freakin' mqde for each other! if only tk wouldn't stay quiet...
KHLostEmpress chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
And this is why people have got to learn to communicate! I hope this ends up happy, because I'll let you know now that I do not believe in sad endings. But I have to stick around to see if it does.

Update soon!
Labeeb chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
really good story. i understand why they she did it. this isnt some bull crap this si really good character understanding. really really good
logologist chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
This... This is... Mean. And yet so credible, even for a diehard Takari fan who denies the 02 future :p. And frustrating too. I'm just hoping that you let them realize their stupidity and _talk_ about it. (Yes, I'm looking in the direction of a certain non-introspective blonde here)

Just promise me that you'll finish this, please :)
87 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6