Reviews for The Guardian
The Dark One Rising chapter 24 . 7/2
That was a nice end. i am a bit disappointed that I didn't get to see Emma's reaction to Gold's involvement in her life. Well, I suppose you never intended that. This was a story focused on the works behind the scenes. An actual confrontation would be decidedly in the spotlight.
The Dark One Rising chapter 23 . 7/2
Gold is scary, sometimes. Not even his actions, but his rationalizations. That terrifies me, more than what he's done. He actually believes that what he's doing is the right thing. It's for the greater good. It's nice that the greater good of the town also happens to line up with his goal of getting the curse broken so he can go find Bae.
The Dark One Rising chapter 22 . 7/2
That might explain some of Regina's shock. She thought Emma was supposed to be dead. Good thing she didn't die. She lived in Tallahassee for three years, I believe. She's obviously not there when Henry find her in Boston. So, she left sometime during her twenty-seventh year. She wasn't in Boston for an entire year yet when Henry found her, most likely. So, why leave? Near assassination aside, she seemed happy. At the very least, we know she doesn't leave for a while yet.
The Dark One Rising chapter 21 . 7/2
Oh, I'd hate if that's how Henry found out about Emma. Regina, ordering her death. The door closed slower than normal. It was either Rumple or Henry. I think he would have mentioned it, had he overheard something like that. So, it was probably Rumple.
The Dark One Rising chapter 20 . 7/2
Oh, yeah. I went and looked that up. I found a few small ones, but nothing of epic proportions. Seriously, the henry and Gold dynamic is not used enough. The show should sue it so much more than it does. Great potential, there. They don't ever really do anything with , Gold proved himself willing to die for Henry. However, we never get to see those two bond.
The Dark One Rising chapter 19 . 7/2
Rumple should just take Henry an raise him. Even he would have been preferable to Regina. He would have truly cared, as evidenced by Bae. Maybe Regina had wanted to love and simply wasn't capable of expressing it right. Maybe she really didn't love him, as Emma's lie detector told her in S1. Either way, I think Gold would have made a far better parent. Actually, I'd like to see that. Has a fic like that been written. You wrote one about Emma being adopted by Gold. Henry, though? I need to go find that...
The Dark One Rising chapter 18 . 7/2
I know why he's doing this. My logical side supports this. She needs Henry to bring her to town to break the curse. My emotional side does not. This makes me uncomfortable, truth be told. I understand the necessity. I don't have to like it. Actually, I;m not sure even my logical side understands. Had Gold really remembered, couldn't he have found a better way to get Emma to come to Storybrooke? One that preferably didn't involve her wrongful incarceration?
The Dark One Rising chapter 17 . 7/2
Gold thinks he has no hope for forgiveness? I'm honestly not sure if I agree with him. I want to be kind and say he should be forgiven. I can understand why he's been doing all of these things. However, the more realistic side of me says that I should agree. If I were in Emma's position, I don't think I would. Some things I would forgive. I don't even know where the line is,but I think he crossed it. Maybe it was at it was even a Tommy. His reasons are getting more and more feeble, however. Perhaps, though not likely, she and Tommy could have supported Henry. Perhaps, though still not likely, Emma is Henry's best chance. Life as a thief like in canon is no place for a kid. I think he might have been happier under her care than Regina's, however. At least from what we saw, Regina was emotionally abusive, concerning the curse. That might have only started when he began talking about the curse, but it shouldn't have started at all.
The Dark One Rising chapter 16 . 7/2
Ah, damn. Haven't really seen Tommy. but I like him already. Goddamnit, Gold! It's possible that those two could have been happy.

Well, Emma gave birth to Henry in jail. That was known since the middle of S1, thanks to Regina. So, Emma needs to end up in jail soon. She's noticeably pregnant, putting her at a minimum of four months Within less than half a year, she needs to end up in jail. I'm sure there are many ways you can accomplish that.
The Dark One Rising chapter 15 . 7/2
Ah, damn. Well, never mind. He wouldn't have found Bae. Oh, this still amuses me. Emma's not-father-in-law acting all fatherly about her. Except, I don't think most fathers actually resort to physical threatening. Well, no more than shoving a gun in the person's face. Gold actually took a knife to the little bugger's neck! Delightful.
The Dark One Rising chapter 14 . 7/2
Hahaha! Oh, I wish canon (Manhattan, specifically), had been incorporated into this! I'm probably far more amused than I should be. It's a shame it wasn't. If he had been keeping tabs on Emma, then Gold would have found his son, possibly without even realizing it.
The Dark One Rising chapter 13 . 7/2
Gold cut his hair? Wow. Did Regina notice that one? She had to, right? Not much ever changed in that town. How short are we talking here? I don't think he would get it buzzed, but it was probably a noticeable difference, if he wanted to mask his identity.
The Dark One Rising chapter 12 . 7/2
I'm trying to remember if Lily had been introduced by season one. If she had, I'd say this has something to do with her. Otherwise, I don't have a suitable explanation. Seeing as how everything else has gone, it probably isn't good. I'd like to say that she was just fed up with the monotony or expectations, but I doubt it. I just hope it isn't what I'm dreading.
The Dark One Rising chapter 11 . 7/2
Ah, hell. Emma found the body? Well, that's some more trauma. Interesting, all of the truly horrible things have happened because Gold caused them. Yes, he was doing so to protect Emma, but they still hurt her. She might not be physically harmed, but the same cannot be said for her mental state. Well, they always say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
The Dark One Rising chapter 10 . 7/2
Oh, man. Gold can be a violent man. Moe French is proof of that. I'm saying Gold, because the call of the curse or whatever might be decreased in the LWM. So, I'm honestly not sure whether this person is going to end up dead or merely beat up. I think I'd be happy with both outcomes. Anything that gets Emma out of a house like that.