Reviews for So Cold It Burns
Somebody chapter 1 . 11/6/2020
Gosh! This is really messed up. I did like your writing style though.
SomeoneKnew chapter 1 . 11/15/2015
I would hope that the Wizarding World is not such a bunch of lily-livered, Umbridge-following, Housist homophobes. Apparently I was wrong. I may be rethinking my plan to move to England. And yes, Housism is racism but about the Houses. In fact, I believe I'll just stay in America. Hopefully the Salem Witches Institute won't mind the bisexual, Slytherin, losing-her-vision-by-the-day newbie.
Cherriesxoxo2496 chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Aw, poor Lily. I liked how this was written, like Lily was detached from herself almost, and that she was sort of living her life but watching from the outside. That probably doesn't make any sense but hopefully you get what I mean...
xNomii chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
Jesus woman. Really? WHY MUST YOU BE SO AMAZING?
Quill Scribblings chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
There's quite a lot of harshness, and truth, and brutal reality of who actually is to blame. A really good read and I enjoyed it immensly. L x
Little-Miss-X-Gal chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
That was great. Very sweet and angsty. The ending was really solid and I loved that. Lily makes a lot of sense to me now. At least, your lily. Most fanfics portray her as kind of stupid or very innocent and young. I liked how you wrote her. Good job. :)
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Oh, I feel so sorry for Lily :( this was wonderfully written, really great, and it's sad but understandable that she reacted in that way, and that she blames Teddy for it. The second person was amazing, not many people really use it WELL, but I think you have.

Keep writing! :)
lgbtogether chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
I'm not normally a fan of angsty het but this was surprisingly good. Brilliant use of the 2nd person and characterisation which rivalled my favourite authors. Unfortunately, the sucker for fluff that I am wants a second chapter where she at least gets sex with Teddy once... I also just want a second chapter. Regardless, well written. Thank you :) X
teddyandlilyforever chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Wow! This was great! Angsty, but not too angsty. And I loved how it was in second person. Awesome one-shot :)
Adeilla chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Omgosh, I effin' hate you xD! You ruined sweet, innocent little Lily Luna, but Gooood it was brilliant. I think I hate to love this and love to hate it and everything inbetween at the same time, and all of that with one short one-shot. I love the way you've written this. It's so powerful but still desperate and moving. I'm hating this for being good xD I don't want this to be good 'cause this is awful, but it's not awful it's brilliant... Does this make any sense xD?
Minx of Lynex chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Oh my, this is just so angsty that I love it. Lily isn't my favorite of characters, and you wrote her personality here just as I actually see it. In fact, maybe even better than I could have come up with. It was quite lovely. I like that you had her actually knowing that it was her own fault and that it was easier to blame him. Everything about this was a sad, angsty, awesome ball of life. Sometimes thats just the way things are. Great job! :)
FlyingPigMonkey chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
interesting, don't think I've read a romance like this one. I do love that you don't just write the "normal" type romances, you write truly creatively :)
homeathogwarts chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Oh Lily... You've done a wonderful job of portraying her as cold, while still letting us see a peak of the vulnerability with Teddy. Nicely done.
RealizingThings chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Wow!

What a terrific story. First of all, the writing was great, I liked it that the whole story was told in a second person form. It was very unique and refreshing.

But the thing I liked the most is the way you analyzed Lily's feelings and captured their consequences so reliably. Her actons just made so much sense to me, I could really connect to her character.

About the sex scenes, I think you wrote them with enough description to add juice to the story, yet they didn't take over the whole plot - Great Job!

All in all, I really really liked this story, and I'd love to read more of your writing :)