Reviews for Sensei
vampygurl402 chapter 1 . 8/3/2017
Good fic
AZ1087653 chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
I was finally able to get to finish this beautiful ficlet! I love how you likened Hiroki to Sensei; zen! I am also thrilled to see how you tied in his almost miss/hit with Hiroki and his transition to Terrorist! I like me some Shinobu.

This story is well written and free of grammar, spelling, or any sort of mistakes. Wonderful job. Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Cheers
x chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
I always love other characters' point of view of Hiroki in a reasonable manner and this is one from Miyagi. Thank you.

If you don't mind my saying, I gathered that you are learning Japanese and your use of certain Japanese words in your texts are pretty accurate. It is why I found it confusing to find Hiroki referring to Miyagi simply with "Miyagi" in one occasion supposedly out of annoyance.

As far as I know, in their current relationship, it is highly unlikely for Hiroki to drop the honorific and in the anime Hiroki never fails to include the honorific when addressing Miyagi even when he's very annoyed. You most probably know that the Japanese are pretty particular and rather rigid in their addressing systems and this is one of the reasons Nowaki gets all worked up about his way of calling Hiroki.

However, I am aware that this detail is significant in that it draws the connection between Hiroki and "Sensei" and in no way hinders the beauty this chapter offers.

Thank you for writing.
Miso Muchi chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
I actually like this insight into Miyagi
deleted112216 chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
This reads very well for me, and it's nicely in character too. I also like the timed tie-in at the end. "I'm Not Gay, Okay?" then bang, a phone call from... oops. xD
MoonlightatDusk chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
WOOWWWWW O.O I was on the verge of crying~!

You're really analytical! . you just found the reasons for everything that happened in the show (like why Miyagi didn't tell Hiroki about the phone call) oooo

Just...outstanding and amazing! I love this story so much!
damons-hot-as-hell chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
wow that sounds soo like him.. i always wonder what he was thinking then
Cerberus Revised chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
I am a big fan of Hypercritical-Q's work but even more so now of this piece. This is a wonderful bit of fiction and something I have not really read before, at least not so brilliantly executed.

You have done an excellent job of joining your exploration of Miyagi's possible motives with the canon elements seamlessly here. I personally find Miyagi to be such a complex character, yet so often he is reduced to a buffoonish jokester (and under represented in both the actual series and the fandom as well). Here, however, you have done a masterful job of looking beneath this surface sheen and revealing the depth of the man behind this.

"Hell, I was sure I'd be able to get along with anybody at that point…I watched myself grow more exaggeratedly jokey by the day, filling the cracks in my failing marriage with a smile that I flashed at everyone but my wife."

You also dealt so Skillfully throughout this piece not only revealing Miyagi in a mature and honoring way, but it was equally revelatory of Hiroki as well and very respectful of his character.

"This is one proud guy, but he's determined to be humble with me. I somehow liked that—there didn't seem to be an ass-kissing bone in his body, but it was evident from his gaze that he respected me deeply. There was something else beneath the respect too…mixed right in with his fierce pride, I could see an equally fiercely hidden pain."

I think it is great how you build from here. You have Miyagi using such simple and somewhat coarse language and yet at the same time your entire piece shows just how

sensitive and perceptive Miyagi truly is.I found this contrast quite engaging and very IC.

I also like this bit:

"Had it been anywhere else I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but for someone as obsessively organized as Kamijou…praying I wouldn't find anything too embarrassingly personal for my subordinate to handle, I smoothed it out.

'I'm going out'

-Nowaki

Going out…'where?' I asked myself. And who or what was 'Nowaki' for Kamijou to keep this note? Though crumpled, it had somehow migrated to his workplace…he was angry, then, but couldn't let go of it either."

Again this tell the reader so much about both men.

I was also intrigued by the fact that for Miyagi the similarities that entice him transcend gender, that it is an intellectual and emotional character that he is responding to and that ultimately attracts him. Reading this I understand more fully why he would have eventually fallen for Shinobu as the youth has the same scowl as Kamijou, the same fierce intelligence, he is very similar to Hiroki, though his youth makes him more forward in ways, yet he is also similarly reticent at the same time.

I appreciate the cultural sensitivity you show here as well... Miyagi's reflection on how his junior says his name for example. Or Nowaki's apologetic excusing of himself when Miyagi finds him leaning on the door.

There are other sensitive flourishes throughout this fic that are just lovely. For example Miyagi's reflection on Hiroki's unshed tears and then the mention of the falling rain...so symbolic.

I really admire the dimensionality your fic has provided these wonderful characters and the very plausible explanation it offers. And it is so delightfully well written. Really just a pleasure to read, though I did encounter one typo:"typing with on hand (clutching"

I also loved the ending, what a beautiful and teasing way to end it. Okay, I relished everything about this piece. I am so delighted that you have decided to write for this fandom and am very much looking forward to your future contributions.
tenshinofthursday chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
thanx 4 sharing this... your version of what happened during that night seems plausible.. because im still really confused on why did miyagi tried to kiss hiroki that time..

hope you can write more junjou fics in the future...
TokyoSuite chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
I loved reading this,

You captured Miyagi's relationship with Hiroki in a very meaningful and significant way. I especially liked how you took each of the scenes from the anime, and then fleshed out and developed them to your own writing style. Miyagi's thoughts were very true to his character.

Your explanation of the kiss is genius. It never occurred to me that Hiroki could share similar characteristics with Miyagi's Sensei, although now that I think about it, it does make sense that she would need be pretty strong and resilient to stand up to the teenage Miyagi!

Congratulations on this splendid piece of fiction.

-TokyoSuite