Reviews for 1912
Very lucky to see this story.I am a girl from China and I like USUK very much. I want to ask you a question -What do you think of the American War of independence?
If this problem hurts your personal feelings, please forgive me, thank you.
Beautiful and deep.

' "Well, the world is changing, Alfred. The days of ruling the high seas and conquering unknown lands are at last coming to their end - I fear we may be nearing the edge of the map. This is Arthur's worry too and you must know that he is right to be concerned. Soon there will be no place for Old Empires like us."

"Well," Alfred said shortly, "perhaps that would be for the best."

Francis smiled, his wine glowing as he lifted it to his pale lip.

"Perhaps you are right," he replied, "but it must be difficult for Arthur, knowing that the rug is fast being pulled from beneath his feet. This beautiful ship - and her sister, too, L'Olympique - are proof that the world he conquered is disappearing." '

I could definitely sympathize with Arthur here. Your characters are so human and I really like your prose! The dialogue is especially admirable!
not-affiliated-with-homestuck chapter 6 . 3/13
THIS IS SO WELL WRITTEN. THE DRAMA IS INCREDIBLE AND THE DIALOGUE IS FLAWLESS.
Mari chapter 9 . 2/14
I absolutely adore these kind of fanfics
Your writingstyle is beautiful, the build up and development of the story is amazing and it certainly does serve me an emotional punch in the gut as well. I saw a Titanic documentary on the 100th anniversary of the sinking (I was 12 and unaware that anime was a thing). Reading this brought that documentary back to mind and it gave me chills! This is such a heartbreaking and creepy story in it self: I had a hard time falling asleep after watching that documentary all those years ago.
I love seeing history through a new perspective, something that Hetalia fanfics sometimes do really well, and this is definitely one of those fics. Also the relationships and the characters feel very alive and fleshed out, especially Arthur. Alfred was portrayed fantastically as well, but I liked to see how Arthur dealt with being an Empire and the rapid changes in society. I'm rambling because I'm overwhelmed. I'm sure this fic is going to stay with me for a long time, cause it is absolutely beautiful and it touches that bittersweet spot inside my heart. Thank you for writing this, honestly.
Stolavita chapter 9 . 11/13/2016
This fanfic was great! Congratulations and thank you for sharing this amazing idea!
USUK Fan chapter 8 . 8/3/2016
This was amazingly written!
Fan chapter 9 . 8/3/2016
You have no idea, Arthur.
2 World Wars.
Hold on to your tea cup
lithugraph chapter 2 . 7/29/2016
Ouch. Poor Arthur :(. Obsessive disorders are no bueno
lithugraph chapter 1 . 7/27/2016
Oh my gosh! I already love the start of this and cannot wait to read the rest! All the research and detail make the story even richer. This first chapter presents a unique view on Arthur. I can't help but picture him as this over-indulged empire throwing a little fit at not being given a new warship and wanting to be called "Commodore" - but maybe it's just me. Anyway, I'm looking forward to finding out how Arthur and Alfred's reunion will go after not having seen each other for eleven years!
Guest chapter 9 . 7/17/2016
This is so beautiful I love it
jennyVDL93 chapter 1 . 7/4/2016
Hello dear,

Thank you for the story!
You always always be one of my favourite author. I LOVE THIS. LOVE this fic sincerely from the bottom of my heart. I love how you potray two men act like real man, not over girly uke. I love the details too, that must be quite a research. And I love the slow build, not that goddamn slow annoying in purpose. And I love how you deliver the story in classic taste, oh yes, not those modern cursing which haven't invented yet in past decades. I want to cry because you made this story pretty good, so exquisite.

Oh dear Lord, I LOVE this story. I will give it 5 if it's possible.

Let me repeat again, I LOVE THIS STORY.
Goldie Gamgee chapter 9 . 1/12/2016
Honestly, this is the most incredible Hetalia fanfiction I have read on this site to date. I just can't get over how well you've written the characters (particularly Arthur and his situation) and how actually beautiful the writing is. I don't know where to start, I guess. I don't know if I can even summarize everything I love about this story.
I will say one thing, and that it I absolutely love the monologue Arthur gives in chapter four, just before he wishes the Titanic would sink. Not only is the foreshadowing of the line I have just described amazing, but what Arthur speaks about, about the Titanic having eclipsed everything else great he has ever done. It just took my breath away. I don't know, Hetalia the anime is by nature funny and silly and cute, but then some of the stuff created by the fandom is incredible. It really makes one think about the concept; a personified country really would be an incredible being, and the sheer amount of memories and emotions that one being would hold... more than a single person is capable of, I imagine. I don't know, I'm kinda rambling now, and all this stuff sounded better in my head, so I'll stop. XD But I just loved that particular moment.
So yeah, I really loved this. Please keep writing because you are obviously incredible at it!

-Goldie Gamgee
MIL'S chapter 9 . 11/16/2015
Oh God. Oh my God. You're one brilliant writer, I'll tell ya, though I'm definitely not the first, nor the last to do so I reckon! Truly so. I'm speechless; how hard is it for me to type this do you know? All the details, how vivid it was especially towards the end where I could imagine how the poor girl sank, but let's not forget all the dishes, the whole ship's plan! It's as if I've watched the Titanic, the whole movie's length, and read all stories about her, which I haven't till now, I really should, though I'd definitely be wondering where Arthur and Alfred were in each scene of course! Bless you, great author, your kind is truly godsent!
IKP chapter 9 . 8/22/2015
I read 1912 many years ago and finally read this updated version which is so much better for the changes and additions! Your writing is fantastic and I found myself getting anxious during the sinking. It takes a lot for a fan fic to get me going like that. Thanks!
IKP chapter 7 . 8/22/2015
I like that you didn't make America heroic in this and I think you could attribute it to the time period. America as we know him is in the 40s and later when he emerges as a world power. Back in the 1910s the U.S. was still very much off the world scene. I like how you're portraying a slowly buckling under his own weight British Empire and still very naive America.