Reviews for Let the Dream Descend
Is it bad that I SO wanted something to happen here? Ughhh. I just love them together so much, even though it's wrong! Haha. Random thought: you haven't described your Christine's physical appearance much, so I like to picture Gina Beck for this one. Fits your Christine's personality perfectly I think! And she's also from London! I freaking love your Erik too. Kinda creepy, but also kinda sexy. Mmmm. Please don't abandon this story!
Ughhhh is it bad that I wanted something to happen here? Gosh I love them. This story is amazing. Also, random thought, you haven't described your Christine's physical appearance much, but I love picturing Gina Beck as this Christine. Fits her character perfectly! Erik is kinda creepy but also kinda hot lol. Please don't abandon this story!
QueenoftheNight82 chapter 3 . 3/10
I don't think I realized your Erik only wears the half mask. I had thought it was the full or mostly full variation. Oops :-P. Hope you can continue your story soon!
Can't wait to see what happens next. Please update when you can!
Update soon? Pleeeeeease?
ThreeBlackBirds chapter 35 . 1/26
Please update! This is somehow one of the most realistic PTO fabrics I've read, ever. The dysfunctional relationship between Eric and Christine seems authentic. Even the flow of their dialogue- Christine calling Eric out, Eric trying to make everything Christine's fault, Christine feeling guilty for standing up for herself, the tears,and the hopeless, inane fade down- is so manipulative, so dysfunctional. I am so glad you didnt make this another "sure, he kidnapped me but he's had a bad life and he says he lovesme and he's actually kind of hot so everything is okay now lets have sex" story. Eric is really a twisted person. That suicide coffin scene was examplery of that. Please keep writing this! I feel like I need another chapter or two to bring closure. Will Raoul find out about the visits? If so, will he be a) supportive and sweet or b) betrayed and angry? Will Eric get released and pay a visit to Christine in London, or move on? Or will he die quite suddenly from a broken heart, an overdose, or a fire? So many questions!
AnnaKatarin chapter 35 . 1/23
Oh, I just read it all and must say that I'm lucky: others waited for years and I got it all at once. Really good story!
Hope you'll continue
PhantomFan01 chapter 35 . 12/18/2016
Oh naive Meg :) You're so cute :) She will get his name right at some point :) Can't wait for more :)
emeraldphan chapter 35 . 12/16/2016
This chapter seems to sum up "modern day Christine" perfectly - she can invite a friend over and have conversations about work, auditions etc and yet Erik is still there at the back of her mind. She's not just upset for herself, she's upset that she's somehow let Erik down by not advancing her career.
"It would just be nice if it had all been worth something" - I can really understand the frustration behind that. Having a great career would somehow justify all those reluctant lessons that she never even asked for, but her life has taken a very different direction.
I think she needs to fully accept this new life and stop keeping secrets from Raoul- she can always go back to her career in a few years but she needs to keep her marriage going.
QueenoftheNight82 chapter 35 . 12/16/2016
Yay, another update! I just love this story *happy dance* :-D
GRANDMA PAULA chapter 34 . 12/12/2016
AFTER A FEW CHAPTERS I REMEMBERED THIS STORY, BUT NOW IT BACK IN PART. ITS A GREAT STORY AND I HOPE YOU FINISH IT FOR REAL. ITS ALREADY 35 CHAPTERS FOR GODS SAKE AND CHRISTINE SHOULD MAKE UP HER MIND AND EITHER MARRY RAUL AND GIVE HIM UP FOR ERIC INSTEAD OF THIS ENDLESS LIMBO.
emeraldphan chapter 34 . 12/12/2016
I like your version of Christine as she seems far stronger and self assured than most kidnapped Christine are. But I really do understand how she humours Erik with his magic tricks and ventriloquism. She's stuck in a weird, surreal world, her old life is on hold and she just wants to escape from thinking about things for a while. And yet she still manages to have intelligent, perceptive conversations with him without falling in love with him or justifying what he's done to her.
Erik is perfectly written too - he's deluded about his actions but his affection for Mary gives him a bit of depth. You can feel his longing and his eagerness to please, but it's all very restrained and civil.
PhantomFan01 chapter 34 . 12/12/2016
Phew...I thought another argument was going to happen there :/ At least they settled their differences :) Can't wait for more :)
QueenoftheNight82 chapter 34 . 12/12/2016
You made my day! Yay update! I love how you depict Erik & Christine's relationship :-)
madiamazing chapter 1 . 10/31/2016
Please continue writing this story! I want to know more of what happened during her kidnapping, and how she managed to escape. It's so well written!