Reviews for Promises That Families Make
SilverSentinal21 chapter 1 . 6/22
Your stories are wonderfully rich and detailed, but I have to admit I don't really like Professor Hal all that much. He seems to really care about nothing but Phoebe not being stressed, and marital intimacy. His treatment of the children is more like Widower Captain Von Trapp, and his thoughts on Trelawney are on the boarder of cruel. I don't find this very true to the show at all. I keep hoping he'll stop his obsessiveness with Phoebe, and start being the loving father he used to be. All he ever talks about with his kids is Phoebe, his every action thought and word only has to do with HIS feelings and wants for Phoebe. I don't think Phoebe herself would want that in a partner.
forever fan chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
A very insightful view into the Figalilly family. I really like Uncle David and am wondering about wishes of the deceased mother and father being at odds regarding Trelawney's future. Nice description of the traditional patriarchal family structure.

Also a lovely way to continue to weave faith throughout all of these stories. And the image of the rainbow at the funeral was simply beautiful. So true that the departed never really leave us.

Great job as usual. Looking forward to the next three stories!