Reviews for Contrary, Contrary
Morbid DramaQueen10 chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
This is soooooo lovely and cute. Thank you for sharing.
Ella710 chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
oh honey, if I could favourite this a million times, I would. Believe me, I would. It was SO beautiful. You wrote it absolutely perfectly. I loved it. I love love LOVED it.

If you ever wanna write more Hareton, I will ALWAYS read it ;)

Thanks for posting it!
anono chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Lovely. Not the same style of the original, but a nice take on it
all these ghost towns chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
These two are one of my absolute favorite pairings of all time, in any medium. They are vastly overlooked and it's such a shame...because they are messed up and angsty and gloriously imperfectly perfect.

And look at you making up for the sad deficit of fic for them.

This is gorgeous and sweet and in character and everything I could have ever asked for and wished for in a fic. Thank you for writing!

You should definitely continue on down this path...glaringly obvious hint.
vlucia chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Perfect! You are a very talented writer. Added to favourite.
Em chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Very well written. Quite in character and realistic!
Torniquet chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I ADORE Hareton/Cathy. You wrote them perfectly! This is an absolute jewel. Thank you.
101Witch101 chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
I really enjoyed this story (mostly because of my adoration for Hareton) :D

Please continue writing Hareton/Little Cathy fanfiction :D I adore them!
Linxcat chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
It has taken me a couple of minutes to try and collect my incoherent feels into words expressing my love for this...

It is so beautifully heartfelt and wonderfully in character; I opened all of the Cathy Jr and Hareton fics I could find on this site, and I am glad I left this one until last, because it is by far the best. I agree that it is difficult to capture anything of WH without delving into a little angst, but you balanced it perfectly with fluff that was adorable, without being sickly sweet.

I especially liked your idea behind Cathy and Linton's wedding night, and Hareton keeping her safe is now my new headcanon. Thank you for writing this, and sharing it.
Impossible to reach chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
This story is amazing! Your Hareton is just like the Hareton I feel he was in the end of the book, congrats, it's really good.

I'm quite sad this is a one shot, I would love for you to continue the story :)
Ivy Renarde chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
I believe your description of young Cathrine's wedding night with Linton Heathcliff is completely off the mark. To begin with Linton and Catherine were very fond of each other; she'd been sneaking off to the Heights to see him for months. Then too, Linton was close to death. (This is why Heathcliff forced the marriage.) Linton died less than a month after they married, and Catherine was very sad when he died. Given the graveness of Linton's condition, it seems unlikely, if not impossible, he would have the strength or desire to force Catherine to consummate their marriage.

As to Heathcliff, at that point in the story all he cared about was the title to Thrushcross Grange. Your comments on his love of Cathy Earnshaw are strange considering how great a love they shared, but perhaps you have never lost your true love. As to your hint that Heathcliff might have been a philanderer there is nothing to support that. Without Cathy it is equally possible he might have been chaste.

Finally, I think Cathrine got the better deal. Between the two, Hareton is by far the better person. I wonder how that happened?

Oh, by the way, Nellie Dean planned to run their business affairs.(Last Chapter)

Your story is well written, and I would have liked it if you hadn't so misrepresented Linton Heathcliff. He had no desire to harm Catherine, but, due to his ill health, he did not have the strength to stand up to his father, who was lost in revenge and lusted after Thrushcross Grange.

For A level students, my comments are based on chapters 19 through 30.
xCharlie-Groupiex chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Your writing makes me so happy :D You never disappoint ! This was such fluffy Cathy/Hareton goodness. The dialogue flowed well and the interaction was smile inducing. The angsty memories only more greatly contributed to the happiness the couple must be feeling now after having gone through all that together. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? Right ;)

Thanks for this and great job! Keep writing, keep writing !

Also, you should write a Gone With the Wind oneshot one day ! I've never read the book (though I want to, just have to find it) but the movie made me cry like a baby. I know nobody could write it better than you ;)

I have to write some Team Hareton soon ! I really do ! I will get around to it. One day :o

xox Sacha