Reviews for Not Beyond Repair
aevian17 chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
Nice. Wish it was included as part of the show.
Ky03elk chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Were you trying to kill me with this line

Kate's voice softened, "I have no claim on you."

oh thank goodness for all that hope at the end!
thanks
Micrazy2 chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
That's a nice fix to 47 Seconds. If Castle actually got hurt that required a doctor in Headhunters, I could totally see something like this happening.

Thank you for writing.
xfbikerchick chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
I so wished this could have happened. I hate how the unwillingness to question what was going on dragged on for more episodes.
mariaTcaskett chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
I've just read the Spanish version, and came right here to read this one too! I love this story! Thank you for writing it! :)
tolstoy549 chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
I know that you wrote this a year ago but I've only just read it (having been interrupted in my plan to read all your stories by real life) and I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it. You really do capture these characters so well. So much to love about this story.
eyrianone chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Oh this has so much in a short scene.

You weren't there and my actions have no bearing on any of your investigations, Detective Beckett. What I do or don't do when not attached to homicide is not your concern."

Major defensive posture - that's a lot of pain on display right there.

Punching him would have been less painful. He was staring at her, the need to keep his distance warred with his instinct to protect Alexis, and even the urge to comfort Kate.

"What's wrong with Alexis?" She finally saw a glimpse of the real Rick Castle.

A break in the wall, the spark of hope that the defensive posture has retreated a little.

Kate's voice softened, "I have no claim on you." She blinked rapidly through the words because it was the first time she had admitted them aloud. She blew out a breath then continued, "Castle, I know you're pulling away from me, but please do this gracefully. Just tell me what you want and I'll do it. If it keeps your daughter from losing you, I'll walk away from you right now. I'm already broken . . . just . . . please don't hurt her because of me."

Huge. That's a huge thing she just did, laying it out there.

He did finally understand. She needed more than a confession under duress.

Light-bulb meet Rick Castle.

"I really screwed things up."

She gently inspected his injured hand.

"Not beyond repair."

Lovely.
blue252 chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
I really enjoyed this different take! What a great idea to have her confront him from this perspective instead of just for her own sake. It was so difficult to watch Castle's behavior in that time period and I really just wanted to shake him and tell him what an idiot he was being. But I love that at the end of the day, they really care about each other and it can be worked through.
Twyger chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
My favorite line "then you better lay off those flight attendants" like they are potato chips! Perfect, it shows how she is bothered by it but also how she has a sense of humor! Nice to have Kate getting Alexis' back and knocking some sense into Rick. Also nice to have the confession come out that she wants to be with him and that he still loves her. Great chapter and totally in character for these two! Thank you!
Guppy chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Even thought I'm just reading this now, it's really a sweet sweet story, filled with hope and good feelings. Hey, we really needed those back while Season 4, Episodes 20, 21, 22 were going on, didn't we?

Don't worry about being 30. I'm 60 this year but you know what? Love makes us all feel like kids again. And Beckett and Castle love-it's the best!

Your LOL line in this story was "Then, I'd say you better lay off the flight attendants." (I also believe, as you do, that Castle did not 'bed down' that gal). Hopeless romantics think like that...
duckys-dream chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Wow.
I ... just ... wow.
That was beautiful and poetic.
And really, really satisfying. Thank you. :)
sillylissy chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
great, you just made me cry at work.
Deb838 chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
I like your take on this...
nixer chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Sweet little one-shot. You always get me so sorry for Kate. Headhunters was my favourite late season 4 episode (post two-parter). Aside from 'Always' of course. Through that arc we mostly saw Martha as a the personal outlet/foil for Castle. Alexis was seen only in the context of choosing colleges. Sometimes I feel the wasted potential of this show, but it's the way of commercial enterprises, the skewing of art to fit capitalist demands and maximise those demographics with the highest disposable income. Now I'm getting maudlin. I think the character of Alexis has been wasted a little these last 2 seasons. I would love to have seen more of her interactions with Beckett.
KyinHI chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This was great. Not over the top. Completely plausible and canon-worthy. You keep writing, I'll keep reading. Thanks!