Reviews for a mirror, darkly
jcampbellohten chapter 1 . 3/22
That was... surreal and abstract and wonderful. I like the parallels, I like the unconventional narrative structure, and I like that I had to really think to understand this.
Lavada Lenore chapter 1 . 12/18/2016
MY GOD.

Wow. That was. Somethin'.

That was probably one of the most amazing pieces of writing I've ever laid eyes on. It's experimental yet coherent enough to read and understand, and beautiful and sensory and touching and painful and makes me feel too many dang FEELS.

The way you explore Gotham as a character is something truly special. I've never thought of the city as a character before, but it makes so much sense. And Gotham's love for London is just as one-sided as Joker's love for Batman and I FREAKING LOVE how you did that! The parallels between all the stuff in London and the stuff in Gotham are just so astoundingly brilliant.

And I love, love LOVE every word about the Joker. It's so. Dang. Good. It's deranged and painful and beautifully written, and so delightfully creepy and sickening. The 'batman, batman, batman' thump and the psychiatrists bit and the LOVE and the parallelled repetition at the end and EVERYTHING GAH.

Joker's obsessive overwhelming heart-burstingly painful love for Batman is written so freaking amazingly. It's one of those fics where, even though I don't ship the pairing (my feelings on Joker/Batman are complicated, and though I do see the merit I just don't officially ship it myself), it makes me understand it completely because it's just THAT convincingly written. The way you explore those two characters and their relationship takes my breath away.

In short, wow. Definitely filing this beauty into my top 10 favorite fics. Thank you for bringing this creation into the world.
Hela Haleth Hiraeth chapter 1 . 11/5/2016
Oh my god.
That was-
It was-
I-
I'm speechless.
The way you twisted your sentences into -er- sentences? is obviously something that I will never be able to do.
That wasn't where I was going with that.
The way you twisted your sentences captured every little emotion, every little unheard (unwritten?) thought, and I will never forget you for that.
This story is amazing, and don't let anybody tell you different.
sakurachary chapter 1 . 4/19/2016
Everything was nice and good, except the part about love affair between Gotham and London, no similarities were understandable or simply not convincing? No connection I
could infer, perhaps it were the references to londons bad state that went above my head...if you would explain? I was charmed by this piece, I would like to know more about what you were thinking when writing it?
RandomGuy chapter 1 . 1/10/2016
The ramblings of a madman...
Are you sure that you aren't the Joker?
Biancachu chapter 1 . 10/5/2015
Very interesting and thrilling
Reader chapter 1 . 3/8/2015
Whoa. I'm speechless.
...I can't describe what I feel about this fic, but I will say that this is bloody amazing.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/4/2014
This reeks the reference of Hetalia, and I love your crazy-sentinent Gotham.

Did you know that Dick Grayson's ancestor, William Cobb, was a Gothamite, and the name Grayson is literally meant as "The Gray Son of Gotham"? I'd like to think that Gotham give him to Batman as a very precious gift, a legacy to Batman that is Gotham's very own Gray Son.

Joker loved Batman very much it hurts. (Great reference again, btw. whether you know it or not). Is he a twisted version of Moriarty as Batman is to Holmes? Or... is he actually Gotham's very essence?
Asyndetism chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
omg omg oMG OMG I CAN'T TAKE IT
THIS MAKES ME WANT TO RIP MY HEART OUT
Apathink chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
holy hell this is

/stunning./

that your brain is capable of this thing of these words and. that you would think of this like this is just. i'm just.

/speechless./
GothicCheshire chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Well, this is wonderfully beautifully twisted. Kudos to you of the highest regard. Very very nice.
korel.c chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Hey, it's a Living Lore sequel.

Beautiful, again (as always, as always, as always.)
BackwardsHazard chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
For someone outside looking in, this seems the work of a deranged mind.

But for someone who shares your world view, who lives breathes, eats and drinks this level of truth in writing. You can see the funny side of things. You can understand the Joker, the Batman, The Sherlock and the Moriarty. Every hero, a Villain. Every victory, A Defeat.

For every Gotham, A London. And both carry on, they carry on and show us what the world really means. It's not Law, It's not Order, It's not Chaos, it's not Anarchy. We all walk the roads less traveled, even if someones walked it before we, each and every one of us walks in our own footsteps, our own worldview.

For someone inside looking out, we can all agree.

Life, Death. Pain, Joy. Love, Hate. It's all the same. It's all the same thing, just seen through the eyes of someone who doesn't know any better, who doesn't see things with eyes unclouded, with a perspective not looking in or looking out.

If you really, really want to see the world through the eyes of god then you'll need to look down. Down, down, down.

For you my fellow Author. My Fellow man/woman/child. You have a perspective that I can honestly enjoy. So kudos. Kudos that you know. That you can see the world in a different way.

And know.
xDragonstreamx chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
This is a nightmare. A garishly black product of dementia and I love it to death.
Ueue96 chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
That was amazingly confusing? I'm still trying to understand it, but it was intriguing, indeed.