Reviews for No Going Back
earlyable chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Beautiful, there is no other way to describe it.
yay chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
This is depressing and beautiful. Thank for writing!
Thanatos Angelos Girl chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Hi! Thank you for entering my competition and I am so grateful for your entry. I enjoyed the work, however, as an avid fan of Regulus there are numerous stories that involve him in the cave and so the plot seems unoriginal to me however, I like your voice and I loved how you wrote Regulus' thoughts. Anyway, your score is:

Spelling and Grammar: 10/10

Regulus Factor: 10/10

Creativity: 5/10

Total: 25/30

Happy Writings!
TayaCurragh chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Ah, I love Regulus! He's one of my favourite characters :) I like reading about Regulus' decisions to go to the cave, because every story about it is original in some way. It seems so realistic, especially how he's scared of dying and has his flaws and isn't afraid to admit it, showing he's not perfect. I also like the theme of him wanting to do it so he can be proud of himself, rather than looking good to others :)
dancingonstars chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
This was really good. I think it showed all of Regulus' conflicting emotions perfectly.
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Poor Regulus. I've always kind of liked him, but now I kind of really like him. :(
MissSadieKane chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
I decided to review this one because I love stories about Regulus and I've also submitted a story for the same competition. Yours is a lot different to mine: it's a lot more serious, has a darker tone, and Regulus is older. You have a very sophisticated writing style and I didn't spot any grammatical mistakes anywhere (saying that, I'm not generally pinickity with things like punctuation).

I really enjoyed reading this. You've characterised Regulus really well.

"I just wanted everyone to be happy with me, he thinks. I just wanted to make her proud.

But Regulus is done acting for everybody else. He's done being who everyone else wants him to be, and he's done trying to be perfect for everybody – because it isn't possible. It isn't possible to be everyone's ideal of perfect all at once. And Regulus would know, because he's tried."

This bit really stood out to me because this is a lot like how I personally picture Regulus. I picture him wanting to please Sirius and his mother and father as well as probably Bellatrix, Andromeda and Narcissa too. And obviously, because two are "Blood Traitors" it is impossible for him to please all of them. The part immediately after this is really good too. Actually all of it is really good.

I hope you do well in the competition.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Regulus and Sirius has to be my favorite siblings throughout the books. They are just so different, yet similiar.

And I really like how you painted Regulus here. It just fits. The paragraph where Regulus is comparing himself to Sirius is wonder. It really shows how he thinks so highly of Sirius even though they disowned him.

I like that Regulus is frightened of dying. In most fics written about the night that he dies, he's brave and ready; but it's nice to see that he was really frightened and wasn't ready to die at nineteen.

The way you incorpated the prompt was brilliant as well. You danced around it all the way until the end, when you finally put it into words. It was very lovely.

The only problem I saw was, "This potion is going to make him live his worst nightmares as fact." - I don't think "as fact" should be there.

But overall, I really enjoyed.
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
"He's okay with being limited and flawed and broken." That was my favorite line. Because it defines a lot about many people, not just Reg. But I do believe (and forgive me if I've already said so) that you are fantastic at writing Regulus. Just the pain and turmoil he must feel. I also liked the line about the Dark Mark, and how it used to excite him but now more than anything fills him with fear and dread and torment. Him doing the horcrux thing is really the first choice he's made for himself, as you've pointed out, and it's thereby a /good/ thing he went through with it. Nicely done.
Marauder-In-Disguise chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
I adore your Regulus :)
DanceThroughMyStory chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Amazing, loved it! I can't find anything wrong and I think this was just wonderful. I love the way you portrayed Regulus and his thoughts. I also liked that you didn't take the more popular root of writing his death scene, but instead chose to write a snippet a bit earlier in that time.

Have a Blessed day,

-Trixy
Minx of Lynex chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
I love Regulus, and I'm glad that you chose this particular subject to write about. It was done very well. I like that he keeps second guessing himself through the entire thing. But he keeps going forward, cause he can always go back. But then there's a point that he can't go back and that the only place to go is forward. You did a great job with this! :)