Reviews for All for a Good Cause
Tuttle4077 chapter 1 . 8/8/2021
Haha. Great little tag to the episode. Poor guys.
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
I remember reading this before, but I can't believe I forgot to review this very funny story.
inhonoredglory chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Short and sweet! With great characterization and voice.
80sarcades chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Well, someone has to be the 'fall guy':-). I can just see them going to the VA and explaining why all of their injuries/ills are service-related 'because the Colonel said so.' This will be right before they're escorted to the psych ward, haha!

Great chuckle, and good read!
konarciq chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
LOL Yeah, let him throw a bucket of water on the Colonel!

Poor guys. Yes, I remember I always feel sorry for them.
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
A great extension of the classic scene in the original episode! The first line establishes the narrator's humility in a sweet way, making him sympathetic from the beginning. And the plaintive question, "But jeez, can't we catch a break?" does that still more. The list of injuries they've gotten - all minor but annoying for them - lends credence to why Barnes is annoyed. Neat connection with "The Gold Rush" for their production-line injuries; the diversionary fight in the compound and chocolate robbery must be ongoing issues for a bunch of the guys serving in this command! The way Barnes turns sneezing into a competition is really funny. And the end is great, expressing both Barnes's understanding that in one sense he's got it easy but also his legitimate sense of grievance and wish that he escape being the fall guy for once! A lot packed into this nice tight one-shot story!
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
LOL, awh poor guys. Davis reminds me a little of Moose Mason from Riverdale, only smarter.

Nice little one shot with a lot of good character development.
Firefall chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Yep, some guys can't seem to catch a break. This was fun from the outside, I'm not sure the boys would agree, except to say its all for a good cause. Thanks for another glimse behind the scenes.
Belphegor chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Ooh, now I want to know more about Barnes and Davis! I love the references to various previous misadventures (Barnes' wry comments making them hilarious, poor guys), ending in a cell because of their latest contribution to the Allied cause... And a great sentence. I'd like to see it, too!

Poor hapless Barnes and Davis strike me as a somewhat Laurel and Hardy kind of duo :o)

"trying to serve their country and save the world for democracy and all that stuff" - this made me laugh out loud for some reason. I love your Barnes voice!
jinzle chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
More...? Not sure if that is a question or demand, Wait, a demand I think.

I always felt bad for those two, being dump with water and sent to the cooler to cover for the actions of two idiots who should have been courts marshalled instead. Great job. i particulary enjoyed him complaining Bout davis not sneezing out of spite. Too funny.
dust on the wind chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Oh, this is just adorable - now I want to read more about Barnes and Davis!

dust...
Jennaya chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
LOL I love it, maybe some day they can dump the water!
hogan macgyver chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Haha, oh, poor Barnes. He and Davis sure get the worst of it. Great snapshot!
Sierra Sutherwinds chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
I just love the opening line! That's pure genius!

I do remember that episode. So clever of you to pick up those poor guys and make a story about the incident. Very funny too!
buggleston chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Very funny !

Talk about the guys in the back~They get all the dirty work!

Still no glory~ for them ,yet for a good cause!