Reviews for Humanity's Battle
Rhiannon chapter 12 . 8/20/2014
This was amazing and I really wish instead of katniss they wrote the books about Cato and clove. Everybody writes about the strong hero from the weak country who are constantly overlooked but no one writes about the rest of them, the ones who are twisted by the world. I really love this and your writing skills are superb.
musicinmymind13 chapter 13 . 2/4/2014
Hi! I really liked the idea of this story and your writing was really good! I know you're probably done with writing it, but it would be so awesome to read more!
Brix8 chapter 13 . 6/24/2013
This is awesome!
You're a really good writer, I swear I was pretty much crying!
Love it and please update!
Snitchstar chapter 13 . 4/21/2013
Aww:3
Nice job!
Guest chapter 13 . 4/19/2013
When's the next update?
HybridsRose chapter 7 . 4/16/2013
Umm...okay?

Personally I didn't like this chapter. At all.
I've got my reasons why, but if I tell them to you, I might offend you. (Even if that's not my intention).
HybridsRose chapter 6 . 4/16/2013
Um, this chapter wasn't really good, I personally felt there wasn't that much attention given to the character developement of the story, and that you kind of made Clove do exactly what Katniss would do.

Okay, in the books it clearly states that none of the careers could climb trees because the branches couldn't hold their weight, and at the end of book one, when Clove jumped on top of Katniss and prepared to kill her, it mentioned that no matter how much Katniss wriggled and moved she couldn't throw Clove off because she was too heavy.

So basically, Careers can't climb trees because of their build. However that fact was overlooked in this chapter seeing as Clove scaled a tree, this doesn't add to the realism of the story, and it just makes the careers seem ... invincible. Which isn't true, careers have their weaknesses in the games, and I just hate stories that give them everything.
HybridsRose chapter 5 . 4/15/2013
Aw, love the comparisons of the two of them's eye colour in the last sentence!

And the name 'kitten', you know what's ironic? Cato has more of a relativity to that name then Clove since his name contains the word 'cat' in it, and a cat is a fully grown kitten xD Maybe Clove could get him back on that? Call him an ugly cat or something? Lol!
HybridsRose chapter 4 . 4/15/2013
Constructive Criticism? Er, okay, I'll give you some constructive criticism.

Firstly, there's not a lot of things to criticize in this story, however, there are a few things that might make it just that little bit better:
1) Take out the bit in the last chapter where it mentioned Clove slipping on her bra - In my opinion it's unnecessary and doesn't add anything to the story, and you may lose some of your potential readers who are male. (Because it's awkward for them). And although I'm female, I prefer stories which are appropriate for both genders and don't include details like that.
2) Add in a bit more description - There's nothing wrong with your writing style or the flow of the story, but a bit more description in terms of metaphors/similies/personifications or just different ways of wording things can make it more refreshing and captivating for the reader.
E.g. Instead of saying (these examples are entirely made up, however they may relate to the story) :
She walked down the corridor.
Say: The corridor's muffled silence reflected the thumps of her footsteps.
e.g 2: She grabbed her knife, ready to kill.
The familiar chilling coldness of her blade pressed into her fingers, as the temptation to kill drifted in mind.

And that's it :))
By the way, good job on this chapter!
HybridsRose chapter 3 . 4/15/2013
CLIFFHANGER!
HybridsRose chapter 2 . 4/15/2013
Sounds interesting, I love the idea of the Tribute Tournaments, although I've always suspected District Two did something like this to select it's victors, the idea of the Tribute Tournaments is something new and original, which I haven't seen in any other fanfictions thus far.

However, I dislike the idea of Cato and Clove's last names. In my head, they'll always be just 'Cato' and 'Clove' and their last names will always remain a mystery. I don't know why, but I just can't picture either of them with any lastname!
HybridsRose chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Whoa...I really like this story, it was the summary and the title that first drew me in, and the chapter that made me want to read more!

I like the characterization and the different story, and Clove's indifference to the people her brother raped. Also, at the line 'a flash and a cry of pain' I thought it would be Clove that would get hurt since she's only eight in this fanfiction, but when it turns out to be that older boy I was quite surprised because I didn't expect that.

I can't wait to read more and Cato/Clove's romance :33
Guest chapter 17 . 12/22/2012
Update please as quickly as possible this story is amazonk update upadate update
essxnce chapter 17 . 12/20/2012
This story is such a heart-breaker in its own way /3 Can't wait for the next chapter to be up! I do wish they'll have a happy ending, but it's your story.
Guest chapter 17 . 11/4/2012