Reviews for The best father a girl could wish for
Guest chapter 5 . 10/27/2014
Really good expansion of this whole Liara/Aethyta scene :)
Yuri-hime chapter 5 . 10/28/2014
Really good expansion of this whole Liara/Aethyta scene :)
Yuri-hime chapter 1 . 10/27/2014
Great start! :D
Planetar chapter 7 . 4/9/2013
I loved several things in this story. My favourite pairing, obviously. The sweet and witty dialogue. The powerful images that you paint, between father and daughter, between two lovers. Between friends, even.

But most of all, I loved your portrayal of Aethyta. While she stays the same old, still managing to fluster and embarass Liara(and pretty much everybody else), you pictured her as wise matriarch, one that is deeply wounded by seeing where her race is going and what consequences that will have. For asari and galaxy at wide. You managed to avoid falling into a pit of cliches that so many other authors of fanfic fall into, namely, painting her as a intergalactic whore, who will bang mostly everything that moves and whose defining, if not only, characteristic is her sexuality. You even managed to show why she would disaprove of the practice of asari taking multiple lovers and make it sound logical. And at the same time, she doesn't come off as a prude or anything. That can't have been an easy task and yet, you did it very well here. For that, more than anything, I love you and this story of yours. I could learn to like Aethyta like that and you managed to once again show me why she is a good character, after so many other fics have ruined her for me.

So yeah, thank you. From the bottom of my heart.
Sun-Tsu Toriden chapter 7 . 2/20/2013
Very nice. I enjoy a good story about Liara and femShep.
robb1068 chapter 7 . 2/7/2013
What an awesome spin on the Liara/Aethyta conversation. Loved how the canon and the additional dialogue spun together.

I got a good chuckle out of Sheaprd's background actions. Reminded me of when I played the game and had to talk to General Septimus what felt like a hundred times to get more dialogue out of Liara and Aethyta.

However, for as funny and sweet and heartwarming this story is, it ends with some of the most powerful Liara/Shepard dialogue I've ever read on this site.

"For a moment Shepard looked so tired, Liara almost wanted to sob, and then her eyes met Liara's, and she smiled, and the strength just flowed through her."

This. This took my goddamned breath away. The last few paragraphs hammer home some of the cornerstones of how I view Sheaprd and Liara's relationship...

"I do it for you."

Liara's voice shook. "And what is my place?" ...Sara only smiled. "By my side, no matter what."

Just. Perfect.
FloridaMagpie chapter 7 . 1/18/2013
Excellent work; sweet and funny in the right places. I agree, the last chapter is a little off, but I think it's mostly a flow thing. You got bogged down in confessions and soul-baring, and that threw the timing off. I'd cut out some of the semi-redundant relationship talk, and leave more unsaid. If you give them a few key lines, readers can fill in the subtext for themselves. In this case, I'd say that less is more.
JyrFalcon345 chapter 7 . 11/4/2012
Well, color me blue, give me a crest and call me Asari, that was one of the most well written and enjoyable pieces I've seen on the site. It's too early in the morning for me to go into why i loved it all...just know that you managed to pluck several heartstrings, and for an old romantic like myself that's a rare thing.

We all seek love, so few of us find it, and often when we find it ,we doubt it or lose it all in seconds. At least they found each other. And at the end of the day, I always wanted to see the two of them happy. And in love.

Reminds me that I need to replay ME 1 and 2, romance Liara AGAIN, and then go through the game and play the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC...again, brilliant job.

You may be hearing from me in the future, as your writing talents are...could perhaps be put to use. Very good use. Contact me if you're interested.

-Alex
Selonianth chapter 7 . 10/9/2012
Yea, they definetly don't have a normal relationship, even considering the fact that one of them is going to die likely a full millenia before the other if something else doesn't intervene.
gregories chapter 7 . 8/18/2012
This is such a beautiful, rich story. You really hit the nail on the head for each of the character's, and the conversation between Liara and her father flowed just as perfectly. Thanks for sharing it :)
DarkndAngel9 chapter 7 . 7/23/2012
I have no words. This was the sweetest thing! And the whole krogan thing was hilarious. "I do not headbutt people!" Sure Liara sure. Guh can I just hug everyone now? Group hug! It was sweet (except where Liara and Aetytha were crying), but yes thanks for the read! It was great!
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 7 . 6/29/2012
Great little fic, I love how it's put together.
FasterGhost chapter 7 . 6/9/2012
Very nice.
demonicpoet chapter 7 . 5/12/2012
"Flatterer." A perfect way to end this beautiful fic,i enjoyed every chapter,the characters were excellent,accurate and so emotional. Stunning work.
RogueTenshi chapter 7 . 4/17/2012
I really enjoyed this story. Well done.