Reviews for The Lonely
Meaow chapter 13 . 8/26
Hi!
I get here thanks to the Spanish translation of your story. It has been incredible. Yes. I absolutely loved it! And I want to thank you for having shared it with us, Sherlolly shippers.
The characters are so IC that makes me think, it could happen on TV Show.
Sorry if my English isn't very good.
You are amazing! Very good job!
elbafo chapter 13 . 11/30/2015
Sherlock is taking baby steps in a bid to get the hang of this feelings lark. But steps in the right direction. I chuckled at his initial idea for a present for Molly and his subsequent bewilderment as to why a power cord was not a good present. The charm bracelet is very sweet and shows how thoughtful he can be. I've had Sherlock buy this too!
Thanks so much for writing this story, and I'm sorry I'm such a slow reader!
elbafo chapter 12 . 11/30/2015
Aw, she's humming!
I always love Hudders scolding Sherlock! And yeah, big bro comes in to save the day (after Sherlock already saved it, of course).
And this may seem like an odd thing to compliment a writer on, but I so rarely see it: thank you for correctly punctuating dialogue when split into paragraphs :)
elbafo chapter 11 . 11/30/2015
Crap! It's all happening now. This chapter raced along at a believable pace. Reading on...
elbafo chapter 10 . 11/30/2015
I love a good deduction! Sherlock is on fine form in this chapter. His snappish explanations and orders to John are very IC. Excellently written!
elbafo chapter 9 . 11/30/2015
I appreciate that you've provided a bit of backstory on John's relationship with Sarah, and you haven't glossed over how John coped after 'losing' Sherlock. I have mixed feelings about Molly hearing Sherlock's voice.
And Lestrade! Probably not what Sherlock wants to hear!
elbafo chapter 8 . 11/20/2015
Sherlock is busy defining everyone else's motivations and feelings for him, but he hasn't recognised or identifed his own yet.
Well-written introspection here.
elbafo chapter 7 . 11/2/2015
Yes! I love these kind of scenes with criminals being broken down and letting something slip. Good on Sherlock for remaining so cool. I like how you've started and ended the chapter with Sally's perspective. Great writing!
elbafo chapter 6 . 10/19/2015
I love Lestrade here and his exasperation with Sherlock. And John noticing a "pretty" officer, even under these circumstances, lol!
Sherlock's oblivion to why ordinary people would be interested in him being alive is very in character for him. I can see him dismissing that notion.
Nice chapter. The action moved along at a believable pace.
elbafo chapter 5 . 10/15/2015
Loved the boys reunion. I found it a bid odd though, Sherlock calling John, 'Watson.' I know he does in the original books, but he doesn't in the BBC modern version.
Good cliffhanger with the second-in-command twist. Poor Molly!
elbafo chapter 4 . 10/14/2015
Haha loved the last line.
I do hope Sherlock has somehow absorbed some, if not all, of what Molly has spoken.
elbafo chapter 3 . 10/3/2015
I love the bit at the start comparing Molly's personality to that of the harlequin. Nice way to explain both her scientific and romantic natures.
I wish they'd bring in more disguises for Sherlock in the show! Nice deductions for the case, in line with the original.
elbafo chapter 2 . 9/29/2015
Excellent use of TEH here. I love the idea of Sherlock's mood lifting at the sound of Molly using his name. I'm just trying to picture Sherlock with a shorter, lighter hairstyle... and then I realised I could just imagine Cumberbatch :P
elbafo chapter 1 . 9/29/2015
A lovely, if slightly tear-jerking, beginning. You've got Molly's voice spot on. I've read ACD's The Empty House, so I'm interested in reading your interpretation... so very cool that you chose that story way before S3 aired!
I haven't listened to the Christina Perri song, but I love A Thousand Years, so I'll hunt it down. Oh... should mention that I'm a slow reader, but I tend to review every chapter when I do read :)
Terry Kay chapter 13 . 9/15/2015