Reviews for Mirror, Mirror
Whispering Molly chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
It's probably a good thing that you prefaced this with the assurance that you're still working on I'll Be. There may have been an uprising. I was super psyched to see this from you. It took me two days to finish it and I was late to work twice because I couldn't bring myself to stop reading.

There were so many things I loved about this story and I'm sure once I finish writing this review I'll think of something that I forgot so I'm just going to say right now that I pretty much love everything you write and this was no exception. Rachel's mini Comic Con outfit comes to mind and Quinn's reaction to it. I could totally picture and may I just say...damn.

I loved the idea of these two personalities that Quinn is, Lucy and Quinn, started out so distinctly separate from each other, but the more Quinn bled into Lucy's existence and Lucy altered Quinn's time line the more they became one person. It made it starkly obvious that if Quinn were to just accept the openness that Lucy exudes, the willingness to maybe have your heart hurt a little bit for the chance to find love, then the strength that is Quinn and the vulnerability that is Lucy would create this amazing person that everyone can't help but love.

There have been a lot of stories since the ill-fated car crash and this is definitely one of my favorite takes on it. How very interesting to have Quinn have this Through the Looking Glass with a sci-fi edge experience in her mind while she's healing in her coma. Excellent. I loved it.

Oh! See I almost did it. Almost hit submit and I meant to say that I've never actually laughed at the same time that my hear breaks for a character, but you did it. When Lucy outed Quinn to Judy and it was so heartwrenching, but at the same time I couldn't stop my laughter because she's twelve and still obviously deeply influenced by her father because she's saying she's "a gay". I also loved when Judy told her not to use the article. That she's simply gay. So good.

Okay, I think that's it, but rest assured that as soon as I hit that submit button I'm going to pull a Homer Simpson and go 'doh! I meant to comment on that part too! Because there's just so much awesomeness.
clenche chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This was amazing, loved every bit of it. And omg Lucy's reaction when she first saw Rachel was adorable and hilarious ..
dance-tilyou'redead chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Gah! So many feelings. I loved thi story so much and barely slept because I got so wrapped up in it and had to keep reading. I wasn't expecting that particular ending, ending but it was still marvelous.

I loved the contrast between Lucy's crush and Quinn's love for Rachel. It was all perfect.

And when Quinn slipped into Mom mode when forcing Lucy to behave herself with Rachel. Wonderful touch. There were so many more moments that made me laugh and of course that squeezed my heart. Like Quinn beating up her old tormentors for Lucy and Lucy being so extatic about Harry potter. All of it. *sigh. I'll stop rambling now.

As always. I love your work.
bbucking chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This story was pure genius. Did not see that ending coming, but I really liked where you took the story and wanted to see what would happen between Rachel and Quinn in "real life." Loved the Quinn-centric analysis and incorporation of Lucy, thought it was extremely insightful and well written. Thank you for sharing!
Frankie10 chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Jesus. Was NOT expecting the ending! Awesome story though! Love her inner dork! Also, really glad to hear you're still working on I'll be! So happy right now :) xF
Mord5ith chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This story is so freakingly awesome! It made me laugh like an idiot and yet, there was something touching and beutiful about it.

I think everyone would like to talk to their younger self. And I'm sure, that for them it would be so simple to straightn up our life.
AleatoirePerson chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Oh my god.

Your ending just broke my heart!

I wasn't prepared for that, I was here happily agreeing with the kinda supernatural plot when you pull us back for reality.

It's just so sad we get to be happy about one of our favorites characters even tough she was hallucinating for a moment to be awoken in a hospital again. But I'm glad everything turned out okay...hell...I'm not of a fan of a faberry plot line been build romantically by this time in the show ( only maybe in season 4, cuz we could get a whole season for doing it right...but that's just me being hopeful cuz I know RIB would never do that...anyway) hell, I'd happily buy it the way you wrote it. You're a genius! Genius!

We can't really complain if everytime you distract yourself from "I'll be" something like that turns out.
theworld.isgonnaknow.yourname chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Holy fucking moly!

Heh.

That. Was. Awesome.

Goodness, that certainly hurt my head at first, then a bit more towards the end. Goodness. Mindfuck. Woah. Amazing!
imaferrari chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This was very creative and I really liked the twist at the end. Nice build up. I wondered throughout how it would work out. I won't put spoilers in here for potential readers, but I was surprised a couple of times-both at the end in the hospital with Judy. I first though, "Oh, no." Then, "Oh, my!" Really neat little package you have here.

I actually get the Mirror part: REFLECTION. Reflection on her past. Reflection on her present. All to give her a better vision of the possibilities of her future.

Sometimes I wish we could all get more than a glimpse of our younger, more innocent selves. A week of opportunity like this to see who we were and how we have changed-often not for the better-and to use that experience to rethink who we want to be now and in the future.

And 45 reviews on one chapter in less than 24 hours. Can you imagine your reviews if you'd broken this baby up. NOT that I'd want you to do that for my own selfish purposes. I'm all about reading complete stories!

Now, on that thought, PLEASE update "I'll Be." It's one of my faves! As is this one, now. :)
Paragons0sky chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
You know...I actually drew something like this. It had lucy on one side and quinn on the other side of a mirror. they were just looking at each other and you could tell that neither liked what they saw.

I never finished it though. Maybe I should.

This was a great idea D can't wait for I'll be to wrap up because I know that'll be just as good.

and also, glad to hear about your friend! Congrats
Bsberry chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Wow. I'm.. speechless. That was, I don't even know, amazing, mindblowing. One of the best fics I've ever read, if not just THE best. That was a fucking literary masterpiece, not even kidding. I absolulety loved the Lucy-Quinn dynamic, it was perfect. And I was SO not expecting that ending. I feel like I should mention that I cried several times through out the story, but I laughed just as much. Well not as much, actually, because I started sobbing when she still hadn't woken up from the dream in the dream(?), and I couldn't stop even when I finished haha. Amazing job, congrats.
Mind Blown chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Holy shit. That was... so intricate and well written, the relationship between Quinn and Lucy. And the ending just blew me away, how you weaved it into being almost cannon. I'm sorry, I don't usually review but... I'm fan girling. Seriously. Keep up the great work!
Erise chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Oh my god this fic. It's been drilled in me to never end a story with "and it was all a dream" but you have executed this PERFECTLY. Did not see it coming even though I kept having doubts about the implausibility of being able to talk to one's future/past self via mirrors and all... And you did mention that maybe it was a dream but somehow it just didn't register. Nor did I expect that this dream was while Quinn was in her post-crash coma. When I realised that, I was just like wow. And totally emotionally overwhelmed. I'm not sure how you could even come up with the concept for this fic, but it's amazing so kudos for that.

The writing is solid, too. I loved how both Quinn and Lucy had really different voices - you really made them into two separate characters (with some overlaps), which really drove home the point that Quinn had really forced herself to change her character. I think you did a great job with Lucy's voice, especially - god knows how I felt or thought like when I was 12 but I think you're not very far off.

I think one of my favourite parts was when Lucy realised how she and Quinn felt differently about Rachel - it was just a small little moment but it just floored me somehow.

Again, the ending... not sure if I'll ever get over it. But it was just so beautifully done. Thank you so much for writing this.

P.S. of course I love I'll Be too. No rush on that, we'll wait for you till you're ready to write :)
SuicideClub chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
What an interesting concept for a story. It was a real roller coaster ride for me. For example, I loved Quinn being a badass 12 year old, and I was horrified at the thought of her having to relive everything she'd been through. Lucy is so funny and nerdy; I am glad that Quinn got to know her again.

Thanks for this.
anon chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
I loved this story! So good!
233 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »