Reviews for Dark Water
Chrismasters chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
there needs to be more stores like this one. I like how you how you gave their relationship a sad romantic twist without ignoring her devotion and love for her master, Still I'm a little curious of what would happen if the dark lord asked Bellatrix to kill Rodolphus ;)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Awww so nice.
the iz chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
really liked this :) i always think of rod and bella as a very unhappy, loveless, functional marriage but that doesnt mean i dont appreciate a different, slightly more hopeful view. the end was beautiful.
Cadid423 chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
I really like the way you describe Bella and Rodolphus's relationship. It comes across as very believable despite the fact that we know next to nothing about Rod.

I especially love this:

"I miss you," Bellatrix said. The words came out very quietly, so quietly that she could hardly hear herself. That was hardly a surprise, really – she didn't want to say it and her pride ached at having to tell her husband that she had missed him. But she had, and she did not want to have to bear the guilt of ruining something that had made her happy.

"I miss you," she repeated, louder this time, loud enough for her husband to hear. "And I want you. I want things to be like they used to be." As long as she was telling he secret longings, she might as well say them all, she thought, a little bitterly. "But," she continued, "you ought to hate me."

: and pretty much everything that follows. This was excellent.
StarryEyedReader chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
wow...that was seemed so human that I almost forgave her for killing Sirius.

very powerful writing too! you are brilliant.
FeyFaerie chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Oh God, I absolutely loved this. :3

It's nice to see her content, and longing for Rodolphus for once, instead of the Dark Lord, and I didn't think I'd ever say that. :L
Mrs Bella Riddle chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
I think this fic surprised me more than anything else because I half expected you to write Voldemort rushing in at any moment, but I'm rather happy that you did not (yes *gasp) as it worked wonderfully as it is. It is written so wonderfully and just fits together all we know. The Belladolphus ship works as it stands a part from everything else and, in the same way, it can so easily crumple or resist and stay together. However, the one thing that was striking about this piece was the writing. Your other fics are well written, though, to me, the writing here stands far and above your other works. It all slides together and you can so easily visualise the scene.

There is just one thing since I feel like I should offer something constructive and it is one thing that annoys me. From what I can read, her corset is written over her dress like HBC wears in the movie. However, that is only the case for modern fetish corsets (starting around 1990s which would mean her corset is fairly modern and muggle). All the other corsets were worn as underclothes. Yes it is petty but it is just something I wanted to point out. Sorry!

Anyway wonderful fic :)
obsessivegirl73 chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
I think I like drabbles better also. XP they're much easier to read quickly. Even skimming this took forever.

Wow you actually wrote them as a happyish pair...shocking...great job! C:
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
This was so beautiful, sad, heart-wretching, amazing and so addicting to read Gamma Mama!

The paragraph where she says that she treasured the nights that she spent in Rod's arms. I smiled like crazy! Don't get me wrong, I love Bellamort but that paragraph, every word of it, agh! My heart broke, Rod does love her and it shows that Bella in her own way does care for him :D And that she missed him :D AHHH! Joy! And that she does love him, but you kept her in character, as always when she couldn't tell him, thanks to her pride, very Bella!

And I enjoyed seeing her memory of Rod and her, (Helena&Eric) *swoon* Her sad thoughts were so good, and how she was like a robot now. After feeling that pleasure of ecstasy and quickly thinking those sad thoughts, wow. Azkaban did break the strong Bellatrix :(

I liked that you explained each of her pain, Andromeda, the Dark Lord and Rodolphus. Seeing the difference between the three and the depth of her pain and reasons.

The description of Rod, it made me love him even more. His voice and his posture-that made me want to hug him! His beautiful face, that she thought! And the smile :D

And the line: /The curtains looked so vey much like black water./ :D Very nice!

His response! He's afraid of her! But Bella wanted him to touch her, really got my heart beating super fast. I'm glad she said that he missed him, they both needed that.

And then seeing him like this child, weak and confused and afraid. It also speaks of how broken he truly is. How he was silent with Bella. But then he came alive :D And I literally died when Rod told Bella what he says, that was hot/sweet and ahh.

Gamma, I enjoy your Drabbles, BUT this, it's an addition to your best work!

And did you notice, I think this the longest review I have written for you ;) you totally deserve it!

Much love!

C.G.
Inkfire chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Belladolphus! O wow! Looking for a change? This was pretty amazing… really gorgeously written, and I loved the way you portrayed them. It was awesome! Cheers to you )
kci47 chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Wow, I really like how you made Bellatrix human and not just a sadistic killing machine! You did a great job delving into her thoughts and feelings both before and after her imprisonment.
lella7 chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This is really fantastic. Much as I love your drabbles, you really should write longer pieces more often if they're going to be as good as this. I really loved the structure with the flashbacks as it showed how their relationship had changed brilliantly, as well as how Azkaban had changed them as individuals. The comparisons between the water and the black sheets and curtains were beautiful and an excellent way to use the first line prompt. I really enjoyed reading this :) You might want to fix the typo in the first line though
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Wow, this was stunning. Amazing. Ahsdgfjhdfk I have no criticism. (Other than the typo in the first line... :P)

I absolutely loved how you used the prompt. I liked how you related it to the sheets and the curtains and kept referring back to it that way, and how it linked to her memories. The contrast between her before and after Azkaban was fantastic, and I can totally understand how Azkaban made her vulnerable, and she therefore wants Rodolphus back. I think you do really well showing what her feelings for Voldemort are in comparison to what she feels for Rodolphus, and it really makes sense how her desires change before and after Azkaban. It's great that it was long, because it meant that you made something out of every little detail.

Brilliant work, and thank you so much for entering!