Reviews for Life in Technicolor
operaluvr chapter 4 . 3/10
This story. It gets me every damn time! They are so absolutely in love with each other and their life together no matter how imperfect or how nonconformist it seems to others.
someheartslove chapter 4 . 10/30/2013
Damn girl, I'm totally melting here! Not many people can pull of this version of Kate. So romantic and sweet and adorable. And I'm not saying that she isn't, but that we just don't get to see her in these situations. And you put her through so much, the good, the bad, the ugly and horrible and it just makes this so much more sweet.
I can't wait for Dash to find out about Ella and to meet her and for them to become an even happier little bunch.
This love things is seriously making me wear a gigantic smile on my face. Aaaah.
someheartslove chapter 3 . 10/30/2013
Oooooh, I'm so totally loving this!
She's going to tell him with books!
I don't think there's more appropriate way for them. Oooooh. I'm so happy I'm reading this.
You know, not many things can make me forget it's 3.15am and that I've just woken up because of toothache. This can. Kate all over him, calling him babe, then denying it, this bookstore, how she wantd to find a perfect way of telling him. LOVE is what this is!
someheartslove chapter 2 . 10/30/2013
Yeeeees! YES! This is little Ellery right here! Oh, I love it! LOVE IT!
And I love how you made this pregnancy different from the one with Dash. Because she wants him so much. And It's so much like her from the later stories.
And that's what I love the most about it, how I'm reading this now, when I actually red about half of the next dash epic and it fits. Fits so perfectly. All the details, all the little things that make up this whole universe.
And your attention to details - like with the age of Castle's fans, how Castle is dressed or the dress she's wearing. Beautiful and I'm so happy I'm back in the story.
someheartslove chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
First, I have no idea how I skipped this. NO IDEA.
And I'm kind of happy I did, because this is super awesome! SUPER AWESOME!
I bet this is when she gets pregnant with Ellery. Oh yes, definitely!
Wow, Castle works fast!
And I love how I get to remember little baby Dash again. Aaaaaw!
Love it!
CileSuns92 chapter 4 . 10/24/2013
Aw, this was so beautiful. So, so beautiful. My heart is full too, and I am a lonely junior in college! Thank you for going in depth with the moment they knew about Ellery. We know a lot more about Dash than about Ella, understandably, so it was nice to get a little background on her very first days, especially if her first days were roaring with this kind of happiness.

Oh, and Kate's raging hormones? Perfection.

PS: I definitely need to read your published book, I really do. Sounds incredibly intriguing, and I barely read half a page of the first chapter!
Mark C chapter 4 . 7/5/2013
Another enjoyable Dash companion.

It was interesting to see how you had Kate figure out that she was pregnant. I had the feeling when she was woozy after that marathon that Kate and Rick took part in. After that, I liked how you had things unfold.

Got a kick out of Rick figuring it out in the last chapter.

It was fascinating seeing how different Kate was this time around, especially her hormones.

The ending was really sweet.

Excellent job.
beautyofsorrow chapter 4 . 6/10/2013
YOU WROTE THIS TOO! Omw, you're my favorite.

"Books are the best way to talk to him when she has no words of her own."

Yes. Yes yes yes. You know how much I love it when they go to Brazen Head.
Ginger Valkyrie chapter 3 . 12/30/2012
Is there a story, or at least will there be one about her pregnancy with dash? You tell us here that it was the opposite of ella's pregnancy, right? So I'd love to see one story about it, please? Thanks :)
ER-Freaky chapter 4 . 8/21/2012
that was so very sweet. I love the way she was telling him that she is pregnant. Great story 3
SparkleMouse chapter 4 . 7/23/2012
When he leans in close to flip the page, reading aloud the caption under the photo, she presses her cheek to his shoulder, scenting paper and ink along with musk of him, an intoxicating combination. - I love this position.

"That says scared, Castle. Jeez. The printing quality is terrible. And look here, processed. Should be possessed - 'fathered children with earth women who possessed mysterious powers' - oh."

Is everything about-? - I love that he knows without knowing, that they're so in sync.

She rolls her eyes, pushes off from his shoulder. "Sure, Castle. I'm gonna go check out, leave you here with your crazy theories."

"Which you whole-heartedly miss. You even texted me for one this morning," he calls out after her. "Like a booty call." - THIS DIALOGUE IS SO PERFECTLY HIM.

They amble through Manhattan, not stopping anywhere, not really headed anywhere, just being together. Her blood heats, flushes her cheeks; she can feel every touch of him. - Beautiful.

"You're amazing," he whispers, turning his head into her, nuzzling her cheek for another one of those reverent touches of his lips.

"I think maybe it's you," she murmurs around a grin. "You certainly work fast, Rick Castle." - I can't handle how amazing they are.

Suddenly he's caught her up in a bear hug, lifting her off the ground, growling in her ear. "Tell me again."

"Which part?"

"Any of it. All of it. I love the look on your face-"

"It's different this time," she says fiercely, overwhelmed with it, suddenly so glad he's holding on to her. "Girl or boy, doesn't matter. It's ours and I love-" - I love how HAPPY they are.

"Oh my word, Castle. If you have to ask, then assume it's a no."

He grins wider. "Are you sure? Because I really love Honey Ryder and-" - Hahaha. Although I do love the name Ryder.

"You named her after yourself," she prods. "Alexander. Alexis."

He smirks a little. "Maybe so. More like I just wanted to give her some history, my history. I'd already changed my name so, you know. I couldn't see ever having the chance to have another kid-" - LOVE this reasoning.

"No stripper names," she warns him again, pointing her finger at him. - Like April Showers. Such a stripper name.

"Nope. You. You, Kate. Your beautiful eyes, your humor, the quiet way you have - so strong, so compassionate. The fierce way you love." - Ugh minus the eyes that is so Ella.

"Twice. Twice in the shower," he corrects then gapes at her. "Wait. Whoa. Hold on. Because you're pregnant? Were you like this with Dash?"

She shakes her head. "I think I wanted to be about as far from you as I could get."- Get pregnant, Kate. But Ella pregnant. Not Dash pregnant.

When she comes back out, dressed, face washed, make-up reapplied, he's done her a favor and put his clothes back on, is finger-combing his hair. "Better, Kate? Do I need to wear a sack from now on, or maybe colors that wash me out?" - LOL. Shut up, Castle.

"Sorry, but I'm gonna be talking to your stomach and buying all the books again and getting huge stuffed animals from cool Japanese cartoons that I'll make her and Dash both watch. And, yeah, I'm going to really drive you crazy, just a warning, but it's because I'm excited, and I'm sorry, but I love her already-" - Crying.
SparkleMouse chapter 3 . 7/23/2012
Castle pokes her in the side. "Where's your mind at?"

She startles, glances over at him. "Baseball stats."

He laughs. "Ah, I see. That bad, huh?" - Hahaha. They're so adorable.

Castle is already tugging on his tie, heading for the hallway. She pulls back on his hand, untangles their fingers. "I"m gonna check on the kids," she murmurs. - There's something so domestic about this. Like they've just come back from date night. I am so madly in love with how you write them.

Her little boy. His father's heart, her looks, and something all his own that rises up, stubborn and life-affirming and full tilt. It still catches her off guard sometimes, how much she loves him. How good this is. - This is such a perfect paragraph.

She's strangely buzzed, like she's stuck a fork in an outlet and now electricity vibrates within her blood. - Love that sentence.

Kate grins in the darkness.

This time? This time she's the one who's noticed. - She's all grown up. But I love that this is all hers now until she tells him.

If she's pregnant again, this will be her chance. She's going to make it up to him. - It makes me so sad that she thinks she has to.

"Spend time with Lover Boy, we got it. But this-" - Don't be jealous, Espo. That's Ryan's job.

"Castle. You were right," he says, skidding to a halt in front of them.

She narrows her eyes at him even as Esposito feeds the birds with Ryan, the two of them so smug. "Very funny." - Hahaha. Love them.

"Did you just call me babe?"

She startles to a stop in the middle of the sidewalk. "No."

"Shut the front door. You did. I heard it." - Hahaha.

Everything is good. It's never perfect - nothing ever is - but it feels so close to perfect right in this moment, perfect because of all the things they've struggled through and fought through, their issues, and yet they've still managed to get here. This is exactly what she always thought she could never have, and it feels so very good to have it. - I'm so happy for her.

"I get Rebel Kate today?" he murmurs, ducking in for a kiss but releasing her quickly, letting go. She usually hates to be touched so much, hates to be the thing someone else clings to, but she could totally go for some manhandling right now.

Wow. This is going to be different. So very different.

"Come on, let's go upstairs," she says, nudging him.

"Taken out of context, that sounds dirty."

She kinda wishes it were. - I love all of this so much. That he calls her rebel Kate. The dirty jokes. The love. It's the same stuff I always say but you're so good at it.
qa
SparkleMouse chapter 2 . 7/23/2012
She's worn it before - to the book launch party for the first Nikki Heat. She's wearing it now for a boost of confidence, and so she won't forget how far she's come. - Love that dress. And I love why she's wearing it. It's so her.

It fits tighter than she remembered, actually - Cause Ella is insideeeee.

Kate hums and turns into him. He's already dressed, charcoal pinstripe jacket, dark slacks. He smells so good - rich and dark and distinctive. Castle. She kisses his adam's apple and lets her teeth nip at his skin. - It makes me so sad I can't watch this. Because that's all I want to do right now.

"First release party. Right? I saw you across the room reading the dedication at the front of the book. Breath-taking." - I can't even with how much I love them. With how much I love their history and this brilliant, gorgeous future you've given them.

"Don't muss my hair," he laughs. "We need to leave soon. I don't have time to do it all over again." - Such a girl.

Well. She's also older, and she's had a kid. So-

Oh. Wait.

Wait, wait, wait. - There it is.

"You know I mean - not as a cop. Just tonight. Here."

"I know what you mean," he smiles, dipping his hand lower to caress her back through the dress. - I love him so much.

She sucks in a breath as heat flickers through her again, tries to remember that there are about two hundred people here who definitely do not want to see her jump her husband, and only a small handful who do (and they entirely for gossip purposes). - I would totally be in the group who would. Not for gossip but yowza that would be hot.

She shakes her head, wonders who in the hell has doused her with Love Potion Number Nine. This is ridiculous. - LOL. Love that.

Her stomach is fluttering, chest tight, eyes only for him.

This is not at all how it was before. - I love that she gets this really good pregnancy too where it's everything she wants and needs and loves.

It wasn't Castle who insisted - he thought to save her from it, actually, and she was making a tour of the room when his publicist came to find her. The women all want to watch them together, want to ask her questions about living with the writer, and, humbly, they want to know her. - I love this. And it makes me really miss Vickie.

Kate's surprised to find that she actually likes this - the whole thing. Especially talking with his fans. It's a controlled setting, their security is keeping a close eye, and these are the fans who took the time to dress up and go through the background check and answer all the trivia questions on the site. - I actually think - if they were sane fans - that would be such an awesome experience. It's something I would love to experience someday. Hopefully.

"You're very physical tonight," he growls at her. "Wanna get out of here?" - Lucky girl.
SparkleMouse chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
The free stuff that Castle just kept taking, like the big kid he is. - Despite the fact he's a multi millionaire lol. Who doesn't love free stuff?

She can feel herself blushing, raises her eyebrow at him. "You wanna keep saying words like that in front of your son?"
"What? Sex? Or thirteen point one miles? Because both are dirty-" - Such Castle dialogue.

She grins back at him, remembers half-dancing with him in the living room and the way he felt against her, a little desperate, a lot relieved, and the sound of the music coming from the speakers - I really love the image of them dancing in their living room. All soft and sweet and adorable.

The MS Charity has brought in a photographer-" - Still makes me happy it's for MS. Which is what I was thinking anyway since I do the walk for that lol

"I still don't think you should be doing this so soon after surgery," she says, turning her head to look at him. She's pulled ahead of him on the jogging path, but Castle doesn't stretch to match her. He did just have surgery (ha - it was weeks ago now). But he'll set the pace, thank you very much. - Surgery only matters when he can play it to his advantage. Smart man.

Course, she should probably run behind him so he's not constantly watching the way her legs move, the stretch of her running shorts over her ass, the triangle of dark sweat at her lower back. - He does love sweaty Kate.

And then he is actually jogging, running, right at her side. Like before. Like always. - Love.

Castle is hauling her back up, half-carrying her over to the side. She feels her feet trip in his even as her body shuts down, can't distinguish voices, registers a cool hand against her cheek even as her vision fades. - Knocked up?

He looks at ease, but she feels his fingertips at her hip as they thread their way through the crowd. - I love that he's learned how to be supportive without hovering.

That thing in Castle's eyes clears like haze burned off in the sun - Love that sentence.
Mathiilde3 chapter 4 . 6/12/2012
I think I read this out of order, or maybe they were just posted out of order, seeing as Ellery was born in the previous one and not yet born in this.. Does not really matter though, it was still wonderful to read, I really liked it. I wish you would have done them telling Dash and Alexis, but mostly Dash because I think that would just be such a wonderful talk, but this was really great anyway. I liked it a lot! It was really nice to see her be cool about it and actually enjoying herself and the book store was really sweet. It was all really sweet!

Mathilde