Reviews for Another Day in Paradise
Guest chapter 18 . 4/1/2013
Favorite. Chapter.
Ladybee11 chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
I love your story. It's seriously awesome! One of the best stories I've ever read!

Just thought I'd let you know though, I've been reading a story in the "Samchel section" and I've noticed bits and pieces copy and pasted and changed a little from Fabrevans writers, one being yours and the second's Readingtoomuch.

The author is EvanberryFTW. In the newest Chapter, 24, of Hold Your Hand: Part Two there is a piece copied from this story from the start of this chapter.

Your original; "Four kids is enough- more than enough. At least for normal people anyway. He's sure that some crazy fundamentalist Christian homeschooling people think four is just a jumping off point, but for him, it's plenty."

.. Was slightly, but barely, changed to this; "Rachel was right. Four kids were enough- more than enough. At least for normal people anyway. He was sure that some crazy fundamentalist Christian homeschooling people thought four is just a jumping off point, but for him, it was plenty."
gleegirl2577 chapter 23 . 11/16/2012
Great ending I a great story although I would of love a few extra chapters this is a great ending bravo!
curlylizard97 chapter 23 . 10/26/2012
Nice way to end it!
eternal-love59 chapter 23 . 10/25/2012
The end! Oh wow...you did an incredible job on this story and though it's sad to see that I won't be getting anymore updates I'm glad we got a conclusion to this wonderful story. One of the best Sam/Quinn stories I have ever read. I hope you continue writing because you are amazing at it.
OhHeyAl chapter 23 . 10/22/2012
Ahh it's done! I didn't really want it to end but that was really sweet :)
When's the next story? Hahaha ;)
s.inthehouse chapter 23 . 10/22/2012
I love this story, this chapter, the first installment of this, all of it. I'm definitely sad to see this story end, but I really loved reading it. You gave us just snippets of their life; not everything was perfect and it made the story real. I think you definitely captured the essence of both Sam and Quinn's personalities.

I can't wait to read whatever you write next.
mandorac chapter 23 . 10/22/2012
Ahhh! What an awesome ending yet I hate to see it come to an end. :'( Seriously, I loved the ending, the chaotic Christmas scene that is joyous and then the inevitable fight breaks out...lol...perfect! And Sam finding out about Jake and his girlfriend...I'm glad it didn't freak him out /too/ much. I'll be sure to read if you write more! Thanks for sharing this story. :))))))
VicUpland chapter 23 . 10/22/2012
Great final chapter. Loved this story and I'm not even a Quinn/Sam fan!
Guest chapter 23 . 10/22/2012
Thank you for another wonderful chapter. I have always adored your writing. But can you write fabrevans again? I would really like to see jealous sam on your authored pieces.
FabrevansFTW chapter 23 . 10/22/2012
Aww... sweet! I loved this! Thank you soooo much for writing this fic and sharing it with us! I enjoyed reading it! I really hope you'd write more Fabrevans fics in the future. :) Thanks again! :)
perfectromanceinmymind chapter 23 . 10/22/2012
I've enjoyed every bit of this story so much. You made Sam, Quinn & their family so real & relatable. Fantastic job!
quams chapter 23 . 10/22/2012
I cant believe this is over :( i just know that i wont get over this fic for like forever! You're really really talented and i pray that you'll write more fabrevans fic. I love this fic so much that i'll even print it! Please write more.
Randalish chapter 23 . 10/22/2012
So, I guess you really wanted to prove Tolstoy wrong, huh?

Good job.

I liked the first story of this series too, quite a lot actually though I don't think I reviewed it. But that was a far more conventional tale. Girl meets boy, boy is raising a kid, cuteness ensues. Nothing wrong with that, mind. Like I said I enjoyed it a lot. But this story...

I'm still kinda amazed to realise I -haven't- read anything like this before. I mean, if the phrase "slice of life" was coined with any story in mind it ought to have been this one. I don't think I've -ever- read anything that reminded me so much of my own childhood and family and the kids I know now and how they grow up. And that's coming from someone living on a different continent. And yet. All the books I've read that depicted happy families always did so as the prelude to some kind of disaster, or a backdrop for some kind of bigger struggle, or as a quaint illustration of life in times past. (Now that I'm writing this review the Laura Ingalls Wilder novels come to mind, but I read those so long ago I only have the haziest recollection and can't say if their depiction of a happy family were anything like this. And I'm sure there are more, though perhaps in genres I don't read.)

Of course, what really makes this story works is the lack of sentimentality. (Last line notwithstanding, perhaps.) The honesty. The million small crisis and never-ending treadmill of life. I do not normally read fiction for those things, and in truth I doubt I'd number this story among my favourites in any genre. In the end I -do- prefer the more conventional tales where things happen, where characters are made or broken and tragedy ensues or is averted. But all the same this story provides a brilliant contrast and proves that the mundane can be interesting and compelling and moving and that no matter how recognisable or familiar it is it needs not be trite or predictable or boring at all.

Well done.