Reviews for The Pilgrimage
AnnaLund chapter 2 . 5/28/2012
Omodeo is indeed an interesting character. Thank you for him. Adso can do a lot worse, I believe. All through the ages there have been warring men, and men being with men. Some of the fiercest armies of old were made up of clusters of men in closely knit, homosexual relationships. It was never much spoken about, but it was a fact and I love that you are talking about it here. Many relationships at HOME in the same period were also gay, but of the female kind. Men and women were divided, so much warring going on, and relationships develop where PEOPLE meet. You fall in love with a person, not always of the other gender. And it's easier to fall in love with someone who is THERE. Interesting to see where you take this.

Ah, San Galgano. I have spent many hours in the ruins of this most beautiful church and cloister. And I have also giggled at the "original" sword in the stone, in the small chapel on the hill above it. Now, the church I know has no roof (as the copper was sold off by a bishop or other in the 1500s?) and is a magical place. A sanctorum in the true sense. Peace falls upon you when entering, if you have even the slightest feeling for the spiritual. Summer heat, radiating sunshine, a warm horse by my side - San Galgano is part of my fondest memories in life. The sun shining down on the place where the altar must have been will always stay in my memory. Magic.
AnnaLund chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
As I told you, I had great problems with the start of this story, and the hateful words lady Bonizella spoke about Adso the monk. I do not sit back calmly and silently accept bashings, of any kind, and this is why I reacted. But I'm going to give this story a try, as you have explained to me that she is not the protagonist in this story, but he is. That certainly wasn't clear to me.

The end A/N, however, has a phrasing that again hurts my eyes, when you say "And, no, he is not gay at all." What? And who cares if he is? Does that fact only define him?

Reading on.

Elise de Sallier chapter 10 . 5/26/2012
Yes lovely...but I feel so sad for him that he still has to take the pilgrims to Aro.

Until next time...thanks for writing and good luck with the competition.

xx Sue
Elise de Sallier chapter 9 . 5/26/2012
What a treat! I began reading chapter ten and realized I had somehow missed chapter I get to read !

I couldn't help chuckling at Adso's cries of 'animals! animals!'. It reminded me so much of when my twin boys were newborn and I didn't have enough milk. I was so exhausted and destraught after ten days of screaming babies and feeding around the clock to no avail, that I never gave a thought to bottled milk. When the doctor and matron finally broached the subject, afraid they were going to offend me as I seemed so committed to breastfeeding my babies, all I could do was cry 'Bottles! Bottles!' before running up the hallway to find where they kept them, ecstatic that my babies weren't going to starve to death after all. LOL! I had the excuse of extreme fatigue for not thinking of the obvious. I'm not sure what all these supposedly intellectually superior vamps have for not thinking of animal blood. *snicker*

xx Sue
Lily chapter 10 . 5/25/2012
I want Alina backstory. I hope it's coming.
Robin chapter 10 . 5/25/2012
I loved this chapter and the realistc love scene!
Lily chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Oh, Alina is back! what happened?
Robin chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
"There was no rebirth for vampires, however, they would remain as they were, unchanged… Not supreme predators, after all, but just parasites, feeding on life and giving nothing in return."

Loved this!
mortangel chapter 10 . 5/25/2012
I really am enjoying the pace of this story. Your care in slowly introducing the "monk" and his inner musings and conflicts really helped to seal today's chapter outcome. Thank you!
Raum chapter 10 . 5/25/2012
Thanks for this new chapter!

You stay true to your characters and to the historical time you're dealing with. Well done!

Evangie88 chapter 9 . 5/22/2012
My first reaction to the nomad made me think of James, but of course that isn't possible. And then to find that he shows Adso how to drink from animals! But why in the world is Aligi back? I am looking forward to the next chapter.
Evangie88 chapter 8 . 5/22/2012
Poor Adso. He gets what he wants and what he doesn't want. And he also wishes to shoot the messenger. How he can stand his followers is beyond me, although it will obviously make it easier for him to give them to the "monks" at the end.
Raum chapter 9 . 5/22/2012
O Adso!

The chance meeting with this nomad can be such a great change in your, not just "existence!"

Fingers crossed for you!

Elise de Sallier chapter 8 . 5/15/2012
Another intriguing chapter. I have to admit, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Aligi. Some of your other characters are not very sympathetic, that's for sure!

Thanks for writing and sharing your talent. :D
Raum chapter 8 . 5/15/2012
Masino's story is very sad. He lost the most precious person of his life. I hope it won't happen to Adso, too.

Thanks for this new, fascinating chapter!

202 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »