Reviews for A Fair Trade
Simplysheree chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
This was soo lovely! Would you consider doing a dariusXkatniss story?
ShortySC22 chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
I loved this little glimpse into the past of Gale and Katniss. Great story.
Forget-To-Breathe chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
I LOVE THIS! U should make this longer than a 1-shot, it'd make an amazing Gale/Katniss fic!
Forever.Finnick111 chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Awwww sweet- u should add more :)
-Meg ;)
Lorelei Eve chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I love the line at the end about neither the bake or his son wanting kisses from Katniss, little does she know. The exchange between Darius and Katniss was perfectly light and carefree. Poor Gale and his inability to articulate his feelings for her, but that's what we love about him :)
yaiden chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
very nice first fic!
irmelonlord chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
I really liked it.

Poor Katniss, so oblivious...

Yay! Your first non-M-rated fic!
Vernie chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Aww, brilliant! I LOVED this. I also like the irony at the end about the baker and his son not wanting to kiss her lol.
Fenrir Brossolette chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
I have to say how much I absolutely loved this little short memory between Catniss, Gale, and Darius. I literally read a Fair Trade directly after finishing Mockingjay (I read the whole series in a couple days, plus this is my first fan fiction ever) and was so happy that someone wrote a short about that little memory that Gale refers to when he first knew he was smitten with Catniss, specifically because of Darius. I really liked the Hunger Games series, but I wish Suzanne Collins would have expanded on some of the minor characters and memories a little more, so it is so awesome to be able to read little shorts like these that do just that, and do it so damn well. I really liked how much personality was given to Darius in such a short amount of time, especially seeing how Collins hints at some deeper feeling/relationship between Catniss and him, without giving a really good reason for it, seeing how he tried to intercede on behalf of Gale and because of his perceived closeness or leniency with Catniss was made into an Avox, you did what I think Collins failed to do, make Darius real. Also, I could tell that you were trying to emulate Collins' writing style and I have to say that you did such an outstanding job at it, I mean I actually read half of your short before I remembered that I was not reading something that Collins herself wrote, so GREAT JOB! I really look forward to reading more of your writings and I hope that you write more with this universe.

P.S. I loved the comment at the end about the baker and kissing, made me laugh so hard I think I might have annoyed my roommate. Clever, keep it up!
476437909864354 chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
I'm really glad you wrote this. I few months ago I read Mockingjay and looked on Fanfiction for a story from this scene and couldn't find one. I thought your story was excellent. I liked how realistic you made it. I felt like I was reading an extra scene from The Hunger Games. You did a great job at really bringing Darius's character to life and Katniss's reactions to him were in character. I liked how you took that particular scene and added extra details like Darius giving her cookies, Greasy Sae not giving Katniss enough coins and Gale touching her cheek before she leaves. The ending was kind of funny, because I'm pretty sure that one particular baker wouldn't mind kissing Katniss. :)
stay.traught.i'm.deactivated chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This scene from the book was cute. I liked it, and your lengthened version of it is just as cute!
ImaginationOfJessica chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This is really cute :) I love that scene with Darius! It was soo cute! & Gale getting all jealous I was like "Aweeeee!" I thought he was gonna kiss Katniss but he didn't I think you should continue this story because I would love to see where it goes from there ;)
Ellenka chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Ooh, I loved how you developed & embellished the moment - well, especially the little touch at the very end ;)

And it was very interesting to see it from Katniss’s POV. Great job. :)
bring me the pizza chapter 1 . 4/11/2012