Reviews for I can still do this
Poor Cato, he sounded like a lost boy, he had all his concepts of life completely shattered. I feel bad for him, it's like he's breaking out of his conditioning and finally learning how to be human, not just a killing machine.
One of the best chapters so far. Amazing how Kat helped him change his perception. Looks like he is finally seeing
kassidysjade chapter 29 . 7/25
This is going to sound weird, no matter how I type it, so I'm just going to give it a try! I used to follow the Catoniss tag on tumblr, back in 2012. A post was recently made on the tag, and I was so surprised! This story immediately came to mind. I just knew I had to read this story once again. I feel like it won't be the last! This story was the first fanfiction I truly got in to, and I will always consider it a favorite. I swear everytime I delve back into this series, Catoniss comes to my mind! I probably have read this story about 4 times since 2012. So many things in my life have changed since then, but this story always made me so excited to read it. I remember so many late nights reading this story, and even though I knew the plot, still feeling the same way as if I had never read it! Thank you so much for this story, it's been such a constant for me haha. I will remember this story whenever I think of The Hunger Games. I didn't appreciate everything back in 2012, so each read helps me to become a better reader in general! I now appreciate your literary devices, and just your style in general. Cato will always be one of my favorites, and I am so glad that your story characterizes him in such a believable way. I have such an outline of how Cato should be, and you hit every point! So many fanfictions just don't make the cut, so I am so grateful for you! I have such an idea of how Cato would be, and your characterization just makes me want to cry because of the accuracy! Thank you for bringing him to life in such a way! My life has changed so much since 2012, but my feelings on this story never will. As I have grown, I appreciate it so much more. I hope you are writing professionally now! You have a true gift. My best wishes, and thank you so much for this great read, year after year. Please don't ever sell yourself short on this one! As a writer, it is so easy to cringe on past work. You did amazing! I loved the journey, and could never get enough of it. I love you so much for making this story, it has really touched me, and I think of it whenever I think of THG. Thank you for everything. I hope life is treating you well! I will always remember this story!
AnimeGrl2519 chapter 29 . 6/15
Omg, I finally finished this story. One of the best Katoniss fic I've ever read so far. And tbh, I've read a lot and only a couple (including yours) that managed to hold my attention and I'm glad that it's complete. The other one was discontinued or in hiatus; though I've read in the reviews that the author passed away-may her soul rest in piece if she is-which sucks. Anyway, I'm pretty picky with my stories XD I just started reading this last night and I sacrificed my time for reviewing for my quiz to read your story, but then I had to succumb to a peaceful slumber once I realized I have to get up early in the morning bc of those 7 am classes in college . And even during school hours, I tried to read your story between my free time which is roughly only an hour or so for the 10 hours so yeah. I couldn't resist; Anyway, enough about me telling you how I slack off. So, yeah, I really love the character development in this; not too fast and not too slow either. I really couldn't string up any more words to define the perfection in this story. I love A LOT of parts in this story as a whole. It made me grin like a lunatic and squeal like a pig that my friends thought someone was messaging me/courting me. Just love, love, love, love this story and I'll check out the sequel soon enough. My conscience is weighing really heavy right now for not studying when I clearly promised myself that I'd be turning a new leaf this new semester. Anyhoo, love the story again and keep up the amazing job!

P.S. When I read about Endra ripping you off, I want to rip HER off *sighs angrily* Geez, people these day. I was even lurking in your tumblr to see the screenshot, alas, I couldn't find it, but meh. It'd probably piss me off even more since I'd started to look for her and when I go to my detective mode, that's bad bc I'd be really absorbed in it that I would forget my other responsibilities. Okay this is long now. But long story short, I love your story, your awesome, keep up the good work and I really hope that karma bites Endra's ass. That's all. Thank you for your consideration! :)
changminsrealmom chapter 29 . 6/15
this story was so well written and amazing the number one hunger game fic ever looking forward to reading your other stuff
changminsrealmom chapter 13 . 6/14
I HAVE NO WORDS that's how good this is
changminsrealmom chapter 8 . 6/14
LOVE THIS SO AMAZING
RandomObsessionsOfMine chapter 29 . 12/21/2015
I'm so unsatisfied, and yet this is still, like, the cutest thing I've ever read.
MarvelAsh chapter 17 . 9/30/2015
I like this story. And I was really surprised to find that I liked Katniss and Cato together (the only other Cato/Katniss story I've read has Katniss as a blubbering drama queen who wouldn't do anything but drool over Cato the whole time)

But that line. "I'm still working on a personality."
That's the one that made me fall in love. I'm still in shock
Epsilon Scorpii chapter 29 . 8/10/2015
It's been a long time since I've found a new multi-chaptered and even better, complete fic that I've been so drawn into. I finished reading the entire thing in the span of a night and a day. I loved every moment of it, particularly how you fleshed out Cato and Silas and portrayed Katniss' own. I love the little moments of humor injected into the story, even simple comments by Haymitch or random thoughts by Katniss. I was actually looking for a non-romance story but I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed this, and suddenly Cato seems such a perfect fit for Katniss. I suppose that in itself is a wonderful feat from you :p Thank you so much for posting. It was a great read.
Kathy chapter 29 . 8/7/2015
I am so happy to hear that you are planning to write professionally. This fic is a few years old, so I don't know if you still are going to write a book. Maybe you already have! I do have to say thank you for makingthis fic my life the past two days (and nights!). Few things are more fulfilling then finding a story of this quality and getting to enjoy it for two days straight without interuptions. Yay for summer vacation! School starts next week, so I'll have to get to the sequel in a hurry to be able to enjoy that too. The quarter quell will be spectacular, I just know it! Oh, and Ending the story with your view on the characters were really nice.

Btw, I just noticed that the extremely long replies to your reviewers stopped in the chapter after I complained haha, so ignore that comment.
Kathy chapter 15 . 8/6/2015
Just have to point out one sentence I thought was a bit misplaced, or rather very OOC for Katniss. "Bless his generous heart"? What was that! Hahah, feel free do disagree, but to me it was a bit weird. I see someone commented on Haymitch being OOC, and I don't agree. I find your way of developing his character natural.

And morr last thing, I was so happy to see that the fic were so long when I started reading, but you can guess my dissapointment when the end of each chapter contains a book worth of replies to you reviewers. I get that you want toanswer them, but maybe that could be done somewhere else? Or seeing ad this fic is getting pretty old, maybe you can delete the replies.

Wow. Longest review I've ever written. Just want to end this saying that you write beautifully. I'm absolutely stqrting to be a katniss/Cato fan, but I must admit that I'd probably love any fic you have written just because of the quality of the writing. Thank you!
May a Chance chapter 27 . 6/19/2015
Wow. Hearing all this crap about Endra is really making me hope that never happens to me.
bookworm51485 chapter 18 . 5/8/2015
I'm getting the feeling that Cato might have taken Katniss' place in the whole 'Capital whore' thing... Though, not necessarily for sex, or not necessarily only for sex. Kinda hoping I'm wrong, but I guess I'll see...
Aimee chapter 26 . 2/17/2015
Endra sounds like a bitch!
1,027 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »