Reviews for A battle of wills
lexie2 chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
This wonderful ficlet should have more reviews!

Great insight into Marian's thoughts and a very plausible explanation for her stubborn resistance to Guy and her own feelings for him.
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
I've recently discovered Robin Hood and have fallen head over heels for Richard Armitage's vulnerable portrayal of Guy. So many wonderful moments of humanity and the agony of killing Marian. He just nails it. I totally agree with your take on Guy and Marian. They do possess a chemistry and have a love that if it had been given a chance, it would have been the preferred romance. Guy treats her with reverence and respect in many ways even when he's angry with her until she hammers home the one thing that Guy couldn't handle and that was denying she could ever love him at all CRUSHING! I almost didn't blame him for killing her. That's how good Richard Arnitage was!

Fave part:

She was afraid of how she would react towards him if her feelings were allowed to grow and that was not a risk she was willing to take because if truth be told the attraction wasn't one-sided, it was far from it. The more she enabled herself to know him the further she fell and the further thoughts of the man who was to one day marry her flew from her head and the more thoughts of another man took his place. Because if she was honest with herself she would know that maybe it was possible for her to love someone other than Robin of Locksley. But if she looked deep within her she would find that she had never loved Robin at all. Oh she thought she had, she had convinced herself he was the only one she loved and she had done it well. She was able to pretend because she truly believed that he was the only man she was capable of marrying.
Saramagician chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Wow! Wonderful! Very interesting! Keep writing and please, update soon...
mystery muffin chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
I am going to keep this short simply because I'm noT too great at reviews. I enjoyed this very much and hope you write more soon!You explored Marians thoughts and feelings very well. Keep up the good work.

MM :)