Reviews for Katawa Shoujo Kakutou
eyesonwind chapter 2 . 7/31/2013
I'm really liking this. My only complaint thus far is that I feel like you missed out on a great chance to give Kenji some even crazier version of his conspiracy, or at least some sort of other insane conspiracy. Otherwise, I'm really liking the idea. Actually, I'm surprised no one else has picked up on it yet. I'm hoping to see more of this. REALLY excited to find out the extent of everyone's powers and see if my guesses are right. Kudos!
Guest chapter 2 . 7/2/2013
Im the guest from earlier and I have a society related Q: do people just randomly join? I heard it started out with three poeple working together and it grew. Is this true and can anyone join? Please reply
Guest chapter 2 . 7/2/2013
Strange enough I can find the my little pony reference without watching it but after a year of playing team fortress I can't find one unless "healing hands" is one
James Terrazen chapter 2 . 3/25/2013
It's pretty cruel of you to come up with such an interesting plotline and only have two chapters done on it. Moar, pls.
Shaman Eyes chapter 2 . 2/6/2013
This is so great. I'm always excited to see writers take one setting and twist it into something different, and what you've done here fits that bill perfectly. At this point, my mind is only filled with more unanswered questions. What's Hisao's power? What role are the other KS girls going to play? Will there still be romance? And most importantly, does Kenji actually have Shaman eyes? I am at your mercy, and await the next chapter with bated breath.
Aky chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Dear gods, I think I was just blinded by brilliance. You can definitely taste the stock of the prologue here, but he definitely adds in his own spice to the flavour .
godzilla898 chapter 2 . 1/18/2013
I can't help but think that taking so much text from the original VN is almost cheating in a way...but it also helps keep it as a sort of "alternate universe" version of Yamaku, which is what I assume you're going for. Maybe.

Misha and Shizune's violent introduction seems a bit out of character, but I'm accepting it. I suppose people trained at a school for fighting would be a bit more...eager to use their power.
V2Blast chapter 2 . 1/15/2013
Not much to it, so far, but I enjoyed it for the most part. There are a few typos, though. You should write more! I loved the references to the original KS text :P
Frostbyte250 chapter 2 . 1/13/2013
MOARRRRR
Frostbyte250 chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
THIS. IS. MANGA/ANIME MATERIAL BRO.
Came here off of Reddit, user who made the comment about this reminding myself of Freezing.
PLEASE PM ME WHEN THERE IS MOAR. :D
InsaneHawk chapter 2 . 12/31/2012
This is shaping up to be very interesting. I look foreward to reading the following chapters.
The Layman chapter 2 . 11/14/2012
Don't worry Hisao, it'll only get better.

Let's hope we won't have to wait another 7 months for the next chapter.
Cyberchao X chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Which source material? Katawa Shoujo, or X-Men? I mean, it's pretty obvious that this is an X-Men reference...
Solarius Scorch chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
This can be an interesting premise. Hard to say if I like it by now, it's just way too short for me to develop an opinion, but it can turn out great.

I wonder how you'll approach the characters in this. Will they still be disabled, for instance? What powers will they have? Emi would likely be super-sonic and I bet Kenji will have laser eyes, but I'm not sure at all about the others.

If I may suggest something, some more descriptions would be in order. I'm not enthusiastic about purple prose, but "a youngish man with a bland looking smile" is certainly not enough for me to picture a person. The descriptions of nature were fine though.

Finally, if you're wondering if this story deserves your attention, then my opinion is yes! I'm looking forward to chapter 2.
The Layman chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Never actually played Kawata Shoujo before, and only have a very limited knowledge of the characters, but I'm liking what I'm reading so far. Wouldn't have pegged you as the type of guy to write Kawata Shoujo in the first place, but from what I've read so far it seems like you can pull it off.