Reviews for The Great Devouring
HarryPotterResidentEvilFan chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
James and Lily are my most favorite het pairing ever.

This was beautiful and so fit what Lily and Jamea are. I love how she realizes that she does miss him and that she does like him. I also loves that part with Remus and Sirius and Peter because yes good.

Excellent formart as well.

(write more LilyJames okay)
ZeBarmyBookworm chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Loved the last line :) This one's utterly sweet. The build up is amazing. You wrote it really well!

You're the only one who can convince me to read poetry. Haha :D well done, mate!
lowi chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
First of all, congrats on your 450th fic! I'm quite stunned you've written this much, wow. :3

Then, I absolutely adore this poem, mew. It's extremely beautiful, and I don't know if it's because I'm weird, but either way, when I read this, it sounded as though it had this lovely beat, almost like a song, or a "normal" poem, you know? And that combined with the mythological references, such as "the Underworld" and the quote you've put in there (which I by the way ADORE!) made this such a lovely read. :3

I also like the way you've used capitalization in the beginning of some sentences, because that also adds more to this more traditional take on the poem, as well as the pattern of those three-line verses in between, throughout all. :)

Fantastic work, as simple as that! One of the best freeverses I've read in a while!
jojor99 chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
You summed up the way James wormed his way into her affections really well. Very sweet and nice to read. Nice one.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Aww, this is so sweet! Your formatting is really pretty on this, and I love your characterizations of Lily and James here. I also love how with some of the words, you used formatting that sort of described those words, like walls and ?bewildered?. I love the mention of how her friends are as used to James' puppy love as she is, because I think that they'd see how obvious he was showing his love for her as well. And how James was trying to behave for Lily, that's really cute. Then how he was gone for whatever reason and she missed him - that really shows how much she did love him. The last line was perfect as well. Great job, of course!
various crimes chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
I'm not sure how I feel about the formatting because it could be interesting like how the wor d walls was displayed yet it also was a bit too jarring for my taste. However, the story was sweet, the quote was amazing, and the title was intriguing; so overall I liked this piece of poetry.