Reviews for A Mother's Love
Louise Foxhall chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
This is so striking. Not much is known about Audrey and sometimes I feel like she becomes a sort of cardboard figure in the background while the focus is on the Next-Gen children so I really love this. I love the style of the piece, the emotions, just...everything. I really loved it and I'm glad I stumbled over your page! :)
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Audri, so beautiful , this character is.
Yellowtail555 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This was really good and I loved how you captured how Audrey feels as a mother and it was interesting to hear what she thought since most people write about the characters when they're still children themselves. I especially liked the "Sometimes she has to let them go" part of it because they'll always be her children, even when they have their own lives to lead.
One thing I thought was slightly confusing was how they seemed to be getting older through the fic and then at the end, they're young again. I think you could have put that earlier in the story or done something about them having kids too or something but it was still really good and I loved the last bit.
There are bits where you should have put a comma and you didn't but it wasn't really distracting and I really enjoyed this story. Good job!
Yellow
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Awww. This was really sweet. I think you covered the most important aspects of being a mother. The "sometimes they don't want her at all" bit was sad but it's what happens. I like that you chose to write this about Audrey since we don't know anything about her. And I'm glad you included Percy in the end as well because I love his character. Great job with this :)
sangkar chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Wow... that was really touching. I loved the way you had her memories in italics. It was truly realistic, the way you had them growing up like that. There were several typos and errors here and there, but those don't matter unless you're a grammar Nazi like me. Good job!
Phoenix Flare 68 chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Wow. This story was perfect. Just perfect. You couldn't have described a mother in a better way. Thanks for writing such a fantastic story for everyone to read.
SophiaOfSlytherin chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
That was so cute and perfect. I loved it a lot. The portrayal of a mother's love was just so perfect. I really just can't even describe how wonderful that was. I wish we saw more of Audrey in the books. Also, I feel like I should go hug my mother.

However, some things could use improvement. A lot of the paragraphs were fairly short; remember that a proper, dictionary "paragraph" has at least four sentences. It's okay to have short ones once and a while, but when it gets excessive, it tends to look a bit sloppy.

On that note, I'd like to refer you to the creative writing website Rocky Mountain International (www. rmimagic .com). It's a text-based Harry Potter roleplay website where we play as though Harry, Voldemort, and even Audrey never existed. I think you'd be a great addition to our little family, and I hope to see you around the site! :)
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
This was awesome. You have a very good grasp on the emotions that a mother/parent feels. This was very well written as well. I like the fact that Audrey is a perfect character for fan fiction in that we don't know anything about her.

Good Job
owluvr chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
OMG...I ABSOLUETELY LOVED THIS! It was so perfect! It was...beautiful _. You did such a good job! I LOVED how you said all of the things that a mother did, and showed them growing over time. You really captured how hard it is to be a mother, like letting your kid go and stuff. I'm trying to find negative things to say, but I'm having trouble. So I'm just going to leave it here. I LOVED IT! Good luck and thank you for entering!
Invisiblegirl3 chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This is really sweet, But sadly there are some problems.

First, (sorry!) Molly Weasly wasn't a Weasley until after she married Arthor. Secondly, I think Molly had brothers. I'm really sorrry, but I really did love this.
LittleMissCloverFromDistrict2 chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Sniffle. That was so, I don't know, it had lots of feeling
misspotter94 chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
It's not my contest, but I think we've just seen the winner.

This is amazing! I loved it and have tears in my eyes!