Reviews for Much Ado About Widders
Barry Waterfield chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
A nice little diversion, although to get it included in any Pickwick Papers sequel I think you might have to find a more Dickensian way to describe the lust of a healthy widow. I don't recall Dickens ever bringing the bedroom into his first novel other than the famous ''Lady in Curl Papers'' and perhaps one of the cameo stories but I'm no authority. You kept it in character very well and Sam's jokes were, I thought, a little more convincing than the lines Dickens gave him, I think I might just have been able to tell that another author was at work here even without the sexual innuendo but it was very well done. Lets see what you can do with Mr P himself.
Sooze chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Great fun! A lovely light-hearted Dickens homage, well done.
Barry Waterfield chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Very good and written very much in the style of the original. I think there's little doubt that Dickens would have liked to give the older Mr Weller lines like these to say but, given that Victorian England prescribed a very moral tone it is indeed fortunate that we have this little appendix especially written for our more liberated times. I must say I have grown accustomed to other Dickens characters receiving the overt sexual coloring so tempting today, i.e. Pip and Herbert in Great Expectations and Dodger and Nancy in Oliver,but I never even considered old Mr Weller. Well done.
Dickensian812 chapter 1 . 4/16/2012