Reviews for Smile
Amy chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
Best FF about Cashmere...I was so sad when she died :(
HybridsRose chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
I like it! And the various one shots of her life, it just fleshes out her character!
Luke777 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Well, Zeviz is right. Sometimes we just need a happy story. Actually, I find it even more encouraging if these happy moments come from a person who's obviously had quite a tough life, but still managed to treasure these happy moments. Also, it's very interesting to see how a person could possibly volunteer for something as gruesome as the hunger games. But if that's something your parents, and the whole entourage seem to be fixed on during your whole lifetime, at a certain point you simply accept that this is how it's supposed to be. And who doesn't want to make their parents proud at a certain point!
cindella204 chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Hmm. Having Cashmere be lesbian was definitely interesting because I have very specific ideas on Cashmere's story (I write Finnick-centered fics, but she's involved), but I think you pulled it off well. Nice work.

Hannah the Scribe chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
I loved this. :D It IS a cheerful fic, and you do a good job with it, keeping in mind the Hunger Games world the whole while, making it a bit bittersweet.

Your views on their thoughts of the Capitol, Games, revolution and such were extraordinary.

I recommended this fic on Nightlock Recs, here (let me know if the link doesn't work, please):

nightlockfics -dot- blogspot -dot- com/2012/06/cashmere-and-gloss-fics -dot- html

Thanks for sharing this!
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Another good story. It's very different from my head-canon of Cashmere, but I did like the more optimistic take on her story and how she was able to appreciate her life even when it was about to end. There were a lot of funny moments too, like how Coral first got Cashmere's attention (I seriously did a double-take at that part before I realized it was a joke) and when Cashmere was drunk and felt like singing and jumping of furniture. Although your tragic stories are amazing, it is nice to have something lighthearted for once.

Cashmere's sexuality was definitely something I haven't seen before and I think it worked well. I've never been in that situation so I wouldn't know how it worked, but it did make the story interesting and gave Cashmere a sympathetic reason for volunteering.

Overall, nice job! :)
PK9 chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
I saw your note in Caisha's fic. I don't know why I didn't have you on alert before. Your stories are always incredible.

This is definitely a different version of Cashmere than I'm used to (I'm sure you know which version I mean :P), but it's lovely. I love how you show District 1 life in these short snapshots. I especially love the 15-year-old Cashmere section, the thing with Coral is beautifully set up. "Cashmere feels unreasonably happy about this" - such a perfect line. Doesn't immediately give away where you're going, but upon a second read it makes perfect sense.

The post-arena stuff is interesting, too. I guess I'm used to even Careers becoming emotionally damaged by their time in the Games, but it makes sense that if they trained their whole life for it, the ones who win might not be so affected by the horrors. I guess it's still there with "the nightmares, the paranoia, the memories" but it seems like she's dealing with it better than most. The prostitution is awful, of course.

The only moment that I'm not so sure of is the last one. Even as Careers, I can't imagine that Cashmere and Gloss could have any happiness with the knowledge that they're both going to be in the arena together tomorrow, and at best only one is gonna survive. I can see how they appreciate the blessings they have had in their lives, but the prospect of the future... Maybe it is just the Career mindset that dying isn't so bad.

Anyways, fantastic story!
Retrak52-IAmOmicron chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Amazing...I love your writing style it's just perfect!
Zeviz chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Wow, thanks. :) It IS good to see something positive in this fandom, and I like how you keep filling in the world around your characters, with this story explaining why Cashmere volunteered, and how Gloss' relationship with her continued after they made up. And as always, your story is well written, with realistic characters and believable motivations.
Munirabella chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
I'm so glad you've taken your time to write another one-shot. Whenever you come out with new Hunger Games one-shots I remind myself to read them. I admire how your fan fictions are constructed so well, and I always enjoy them. As for the writing of Cashmere's homosexuality, I thought it was fine.

Though I know your probably pretty busy and have been asked to write a million other fics, I was wondering if you could write something like this for Chaff. Yeah, I know that's a very strange request, but there are so few things written about him even though he was one of the victors featured in Suzanne Collins' writings. I just came to think of this when I read a one-shot about him written for Starvation's Monthly One-Shot Challenge.

Anyway, thank you for supplying this great addition to the Hunger Games fandom. It refreshing to be able to read something optimistic every once in a while in a fandom so fixated on doom and gloom.

littlemisslovelygood chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
aw :) love this! i love your take on gloss and cashmeres relationship as siblings, and i do like how you made cashmere lesbian. it was an interesting take and i found it very fitting. well done :)