Reviews for (2) Finding Gold and Meeting A Judge
Adamsbabygirl chapter 1 . 4/26
Another wonderful story in"Paradise" JaspersMom.
The permancy of this in their lives and new home will anchor them so much. Now Ethan's roll as parent steps up to new levels of love and firmness. It will be so good for him as well to now be able to truly embrace the responsibility and all the wonderful perks that will make themselves known to him thtough his "own" family now. You expressed these things very well in your story.
flabirder chapter 6 . 5/8/2017
Well, once again, Ben just couldn't resist temptation & this time he got in really big trouble. He's lucky Ethan only used his belt on him 3 times. I have a feeling the next time, it will be a lot more. Somehow, I don't think he's learned his lesson & will do something else to get into trouble. Methinks his middle name should be 'Trouble'. It will be interesting to see what his children are like when he grows up.

Even though the children's father was a horrible person, I don't think I'd describe his demise as 'interesting news'. I think I would have described it as 'important news'. At least now, Ethan won't have to wait 6 months to legally adopt the children.
flabirder chapter 5 . 5/7/2017
How quickly the very young forget the rules and give into temptation. I think I would be tempted to slide on that floor too, so I can understand why Ben and George gave into temptation. They're lucky they only got 5 swats each.

Poor Joseph. He forgot to make sure his brain was engaged before putting his mouth in gear and paid the price.
flabirder chapter 4 . 5/5/2017
That is so sweet of Ethan to want to adopt the children.

Joseph & Ben remind me of me in the mornings. I hate getting up early & have almost been late for work a few times because I shut the alarm off & fell back to sleep. So that pair have my deepest sympathy at having to get up early or have their bottoms warmed.

I wonder what's wrong with George. He doesn't normally give Claire & Joseph any problems but Ethan has had to spank him twice in two days.

I love the idea of having a picnic in the park where Ethan can tell the children that he is going to adopt them. That was a wonderful place to receive such good news.
flabirder chapter 3 . 5/5/2017
Technically, Joseph and Ben were not breaking the law or Ethan's rules because the men were not drinking or gambling. I'm sure if they had been, Joseph wouldn't haven't gone in there with Ben. The sign should have said that no one under 21 was allowed in the room. Then Joseph wouldn't have let Ben go in there.

However, they were wrong to be rude to the hotel manager and deserved to be punished for it.

The ice cream & ice cream sodas must have been a real treat for those kids. I'm glad that George didn't have a tantrum when Ethan told him no to the ice cream soda.
flabirder chapter 2 . 5/5/2017
That hotel sure sounds nice. I agree with Ben. Sliding down the banisters does sound like fun. I used to do that myself when I was a lot younger.

I can feel Claire & Joseph's excitement at camping out & staying at such a nice hotel when they were only used to boarding houses or someone else's house.

It didn't take long for Ben and George to get into mischief, did it? I think he would have liked the broccoli & peas better with some butter on them. I wonder why Ethan didn't suggest it.
flabirder chapter 1 . 5/5/2017
Ethan sure is brave taking the 4 children, especially mischievous Ben to Colorado Springs with him. I love the 'Carroll Gold Rush'. I can understand how excited the younger boys were to find 'gold' but they're lucky that their only punishment was to have to stay in the wagon. It's a good thing that Ethan has learned what every parent does, to send the little ones to do their business before starting out, otherwise they'd be stopping several times before they've even been on the road for an hour.
kalico chapter 7 . 8/9/2016
OMG such a great story and I love stories of parisisenand am happy your wrote them...thanks for sharing and now on the the next story line...LOVE LOVER LOVE

kalico
Guest chapter 7 . 6/30/2016
Thanks for following up on your story this year. I enjoyed it very much.
sueturpen chapter 7 . 5/1/2016
Very sweet ending. So sad for children to loose their parents.
Iscah McKrae chapter 6 . 3/28/2016
I've been truly loving your stories of Paradise. At some point, I'll probably go back and give you the reviews your writing deserves. There was one part of this chapter that really bothered me, though. It may have been realistic...and it isn't bad writing; but I really disliked the way Ethan told the kids about their dad's death. It's not "interesting news." Interesting news is something inconsequential. He's telling four children that their father died. And he told them directly after the most severe punishment one of his kids had ever gotten? He told them as if this were good news, because it got red tape out of the way? Ethan seems to be a really good man, and it could be an honest moment of lousy judgment...but it just...hurt that he would be so offhanded about it.

Please don't take this as a slight against your writing or against your portrayals of these characters. So far, it has all seemed very genuine and beautifully written. I love how each of the children's personalities shine through. I'm particularly attached to Joseph. Wanna hug him to pieces.
rubyblue100 chapter 7 . 3/11/2016
Awwwwww thankyou for reminding me how much I love Paradise. I am so glad that they have a new and kinder papa and their mum would be so proud of them all.

Thanks jasper's mom for all the great stories you share with us.x
rubyblue100 chapter 3 . 3/11/2016
Awwwww poor Joseph and Ben, but uncle ethan is trying to keep them safe. It was sweet how they all got ice-cream.
rubyblue100 chapter 1 . 3/11/2016
It seems like so much has happened since I first read this story...especially with been getting sick... Sob sob. I do keep a piece of paradise in my heart.
SNHfvr chapter 1 . 2/6/2015
Great chapter! The boys are lucky they have a nice uncle. I love this series.