Reviews for Mass Effect: Beginnings
BenRG chapter 28 . 1/21
Nice little Paragon moment at the end there!
BenRG chapter 13 . 1/21
Interesting how you've extracted these two side-quests on the Citadel and made Ash and Kaiden the initiating characters. It's actually a nice idea. I look forward to seeing more of this thinking!
BenRG chapter 7 . 1/21
The first alien that Shepard grudgingly learnt to trust. At this point in her life, she would have laughed if you'd told her that, one day, he would be her best friend.
BenRG chapter 4 . 1/21
I'm pretty sure that Shepard would know the basic configuration of all the known races' starship designs. Sovereign was nothing like any of them. Given that most of the galaxy (apart from a few disabled relays) was explored to some extent, the concept of a unknown interstellar race practically on top of the Alliance's colonies in the Traverse would be enough to make her heart go cold in her chest.
BenRG chapter 1 . 1/21
Wasn't Adams, the chief engineer, an officer too?
spaceconveyor chapter 60 . 1/1
I adore everything about this fic, and am sad to see it end, as I knew it must. I support future ME stories, as you do a fantastic job. I also support a continuation of this story, if you ever feel like it works. Thanks for sharing with us!
Alpenwolf chapter 60 . 12/28/2014
Damn, funerals, I hate them, but I also know that they are necessary and so is grief of some amount. One can only hope that Kaidan will get himself together once again. The galaxy is only living on borrowed time anyway. :P

Yeah, finishing a story feels a good. It's a closure of sorts, similar to a funeral, though one feels (mostly) better then in a funeral. It's emotional rollercoast of it's own.
katkat42 chapter 60 . 12/23/2014
Thank you for the time and tenacity you put into this story! It's one of the best fanfics I've read in a long time. You're an excellent writer, and I eagerly await whatever writing you decide to share in the future.
Daedric Princess of Madness chapter 60 . 12/22/2014
Holy shit.
It's finished.

Honestly, I have to say, I loved this story. I think I started reading it, earlier this year when I first got Mass Effect 1, and I needed something to read until I could get the next two games so I've been reading this as long as I've been playing the game. And I loved every single chapter.

This is probably one of my favorite depictions of Shepard; it's very realistic. I honestly always think Shepard should have doses of both Paragon and Renegade. It makes Shepard more human that way. Nathaly was no exception.

The way Nathaly and Kaidan's relationship was depicted very realistically as well. So many fanfics depict Shenko (well, the first days of Shenko) so awkwardly to the point where it seems like they aren't adults (not that all of these are bad, persay) but none of that here.

And I'm glad to hear that you're doing the second game as well, though I have the feeling Nathaly is going to hate that. So much. I can understand that. My Shepard hates ME2 as well, given that she's a Sole Survivor as well.

Well, that's about it. Haha. :3
AC chapter 59 . 11/11/2014
Welcome back! :)
Well, what can I say?
It's amazing. I'm not tired to say it, you have made an incredible story. I love how human are the interactions, the relations, the reactions... I love it. All of it.
I understand that in the real world you have issues, so don't worry! :) I'll be waiting for the updates like all the others readers that like how have you writen and created this mass effect world.
Have a good day!
Take care! ;)
spaceconveyor chapter 59 . 11/6/2014
Wow, I just, wow. Amazing job giving us a behind-the-scenes look at the length and breadth of the crash and corresponding rescue.

You have an outstanding talent for putting me RIGHT IN the story. It's like I am experiencing it along with the characters, and just watching them on a screen.

I adore this fic, and hope that you do not get overwhelmed by the subject matter.
Helen W. Esty chapter 2 . 10/18/2014
Holy motheof...I have never read dialogue like yours. Sounds incredibly real, gets personality across so damn well its eerie.
Your Joker is so awesome. Your Shepard is amazing.
I don't know what else to say except that you have an amazing talent.
Helen W. Esty chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
Call me insane but I'm willing to bet you have been writing for a while and possible read a hell of a lot.

This is the most polished voice and writing style I've seen since I started reading ME fanfiction.

I'm hooked. The details you have added are both impressive and interesting.
I don't think Shep is this soldiery on the games, your take on her is refreshing. I'm intrigued.

You have to settle my private bet, though :P

I'll keep reading tomorrow.
Alpenwolf chapter 58 . 9/7/2014
I think I haven't seen such a way to write this scene so far or if I had I don't remember it. Anyway, I clearly like it. The way it went from standing up to a sudden attack of the collectors. It was fluent, no sudden jerks or something.

If Kaidan doesn't get himself up in a few minutes I can already see Chakwas going all doctor on him and taking command.
AC chapter 58 . 9/5/2014
Oh, that was... oh...
I was thinking all the time how will you write this, and you haven't disappointed me.
I'm still in a little shock post-reading.
Kaidan... *sniff*